Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 23831 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2014, 01:37:30 am »
+6
Yes, it's fun and far more rewarding than siege

No wonder the current dev team sucks, they only take their opinions into account and try to pass it off as widely-accepted facts. Maybe you prefer battle over siege, that's fine. But siege has (had) a large playerbase that was just as dedicated, if not probably more so, than the battle playerbase. At least in NA, siege players would rarely venture into the battle server, since they found NA2 to be the more fun, more rewarding experience. You said yourself that there is no clear cut objective in battle. Well in siege there is. This allows for you to have all the fun of battle (slaughtering your foes) while also protecting or capturing the objective. It allows for some more 'heroic' sort of actions, which some players prefer. Clutches in battle can never live up to clutches in siege, where you can fend off an entire team alone (sometimes fighting the same guys more than once), being the last man taking/defending the flag. It has a much more "epic" scale, even with a declining population. Contrary to popular belief, siege players didn't all up and join the NA1 masterrace all of a sudden. No, too much tampering with our already dying siege community pushed the rest of the die-hard siege fans away from this game entirely. When I wander into NA1, I don't see a single long term siege player, save for a few like myself who are mostly around to simply continue playing a game with their buds. And here we have such a biased goup of devs balancing our weapons, making our maps... sheesh.

Relating back to the original topic... siege also had the fewer number of ranged, and there is rarely any room for HA or HX. Melee cav can get by on some maps, but luckily none of the scum of crpg can really play all too successfully. Despite the fact that siege is inherently made to allow for ranged to shine, there were always far more melee players just looking to hack and slash compared to archers just wanting to camp the top of towers. Also, in siege there is much more cover than the far-too-common open field maps in battle. Couple that with more teamwork (shielders going first up ladders or into the ranged nest) and siege always made for the far more rewarding game mode.

This has been your "Wake Up Sheeple" announcement, brought to you by the Repopulate NA Siege 2014 Movement.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2014, 01:51:17 am »

The get a shield argument doesn't really apply, you'll still get shot to bits in melee or if there 2 archers targetting you, you're dead.

This doesnt happen though unless you are solo. In a group there is always another better target than a shielder. And 2 archers never really focus down the same target in groups, except other archers. I've been playing for a couple of hours now and i have been shot 4 or 5 times in melee.

Warn us when the "ADD A FUCKING MELEE CAP ALREADY" thread reaches 11 pages of almost unanimous "yes please".

Wah, i was just saying that eu1 is populated..
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:24:12 am by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2014, 02:29:20 am »
+1
Just nerf them jesus christ. Bagge and Steevee (Steevee even kinda sucks in melee.. a bit) gets 20+ kills all the time.
HA tops the scoreboard all the time too, although they are rarely as brutal as the best archers.

That's proof right there that archery is viable and effective and can take another nerf.

They have been nerfed harder before, and those times were good times. It will probably result in lighter armors overall, faster melee gameplay, less shielders. More pure melee fighting! Which is what this mod is all about remember?

Not necessary to kill them off completely, just a little damage and accuracy nerf. I'd say they should be about 15% less effective, whatever that measures up to in stat changes. 

Xynox, Tydeus. Hear me? :)

(Also, be nice to Tydeus. No one does as much for the mod as him. Be thankful, because there are no one there to replace him!)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2014, 02:35:00 am »
+5
Saying Bagge and Steevee are reasons to nerf archery is like saying Chase is reason to nerf.. well.. every class?
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2014, 02:38:57 am »
Chase is good in everything. But I see them getting Chase like scores all the time, so archery can't be that terrible. And to repeat myself: Archery needs to stay a bit overnerfed, or we see the growth of archers reach critical levels, game gets boring, people leave the mod.

Same cycle has happened many many times before, and the medicine is to nerf ranged. And the medicine has worked before many times too.

What's so hard to understand about this?

The CYCLE:

1. Too many archers, players leave
2. Archers get nerfed, players come back
3. Archers cry for their UP class and gets buffed to reasonable levels.
4. Some time later, we are back at 1.

To stop the cycle is simple. Stop at no.2.  We cannot let archers get to reasonable levels of power. They will breed and multiply and dominate us all. They need to be kept weak. Sad and unfair, but it's the only thing that really works, other than perhaps fancy ideas that will never get implemented.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:47:15 am by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2014, 02:45:31 am »
I see them getting 20+ kills once in like 4 or 5 maps, if even that. They get a lot of kills yeah, but they are the few really good archers who actually manage this.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2014, 02:54:03 am »
+2
Chase is good in everything. But I see them getting Chase like scores all the time, so archery can't be that terrible. And to repeat myself: Archery needs to stay a bit overnerfed, or we see the growth of archers reach critical levels, game gets boring, people leave the mod.

Same cycle has happened many many times before, and the medicine is to nerf ranged. And the medicine has worked before many times too.

What's so hard to understand about this?

The CYCLE:

1. Too many archers, players leave
2. Archers get nerfed, players come back
3. Archers cry for their UP class and gets buffed to reasonable levels.
4. Some time later, we are back at 1.

To stop the cycle is simple. Stop at no.2.  We cannot let archers get to reasonable levels of power. They will breed and multiply and dominate us all. They need to be kept weak. Sad and unfair, but it's the only thing that really works, other than perhaps fancy ideas that will never get implemented.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this.  Archers will still shine in Strategus, even if nerfed.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2014, 03:45:22 am »
+7
Welcome to NA_1
(click to show/hide)
Red = Archers
Yellow = HX
Blue = Throwers
Green = HA

Was too lazy to do other team but keep in mind the #1 on their team is Kelden and he is an archer.

This is why we need a ranged cap or archer nerf or something.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:50:01 am by PsychoTwins »
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2014, 04:23:38 am »
Welcome to NA_1
(click to show/hide)
Red = Archers
Yellow = HX
Blue = Throwers
Green = HA

Was too lazy to do other team but keep in mind the #1 on their team is Kelden and he is an archer.

I can't foresee a ranged cap ever happening, that's too artificial, too arbitrary of a solution. Unfortunately, legitimate nerfs aren't exactly desirable either. What's more unfortunate, is that nearly every proposal to disincentivize ranged without touching effectiveness, must be done at the level off the website (basically meaning it's a no-can-do.)

No wonder the current dev team sucks, they only take their opinions into account and try to pass it off as widely-accepted facts.
I didn't, but that's okay, you can go on believing whatever you want to believe, regardless of what's actually rational; rational, meaning not assuming that someone's use of a subjective term without the use of the implied, redundant phrase "imo", was trying to be passed off as something more than it actually is.

P.S. Ignore the following spoilers, that's just what's going to happen after you read the contents anyway.  :rolleyes:
(click to show/hide)
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2014, 04:30:24 am »
+3
Would it be an option to make a new armor system, where heavy armors (I'm concerned about game balance, not realism) drastically reduce movement yet provide substantial protection against range, so Gothic could ignore most range at the "high end" of things, yet range would still be very dangerous against people in just leather?

Also need better maps and new non-slay capture game modes...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2014, 05:56:42 am »
We're all wrong at times, get over it.

Some are wrong more often than others.  :rolleyes:

The only problem I have with people being wrong is when they are too stuck up to admit it. Kinda like when you buffed agi for now reason, decided to ban allers for not trying hard enough, decided to keep HA and HX as viable classes in this mod... yeah I could go on, but I wouldn't want you to cry yourself to sleep too hard tonight.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2014, 06:05:59 am »
+1
Welcome to NA_1
(click to show/hide)
Red = Archers
Yellow = HX
Blue = Throwers
Green = HA

I also documented the absurd number of archers:

(click to show/hide)

Not the best screenshot, but more than half of the people on the server were playing ranged, and most were on that team.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Enver

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2014, 06:29:01 am »
This thread is 12 pages of whine about a problem that doesn't exist.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #163 on: July 09, 2014, 06:45:03 am »
yeah, and you aint one  :wink:

No I'm not a class. You can't limit people who play ranged because there are no classes, that's my point.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2014, 06:53:58 am »
Furthermore, the only tangible solution, is to give melee a role to play, which is where conquest comes in. :get to all thy places where the damn cav can't go and kill those archers, also fight other melee and cav for variety and enjoy the melee system.
Also lower the amount of arrows in zeh bag. 2 bags of unloomed bodkins provide plenty of arrows already. The less arrows around the less careless pewpew, or at least some arrows like normal arrows and barbed arrows would actually have a role other than "leeching archer's gear role".
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:57:44 am by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI