Author Topic: Strat Disparity: What Killed Strat.  (Read 4701 times)

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
Re: Strat Disparity: What Killed Strat.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 04:31:03 am »
I agree with most of the points except point 1.  With the nerfs from the other points especially the cost of gear - voting for castles and cities we would have less than a 1/4th the battles we have had so far because it is ridiculously expensive to put together an effective siege army now - whereas an ineffective siege army can still wear down or take an ai castle.  Ai battles probably account for half to 3/4ths the battles initiated and troops lost since the start of strat.

Also, on NA side all the largest factions have enough silver and troops to do field battles, attack trade caravans, and attack villages (squids are  a perfect demonstration of a clan actively doing this), but the vast majority of these largest factions have initiated less than 5 attacks on a non-ai target (MB, Occitan, Wardens of the North (since they defeated astralis), Acre (not counting 13 knights who kind of do their own thing).

Some of the blame definitely lies with the remaining playerbase mentality not just devs.  Many of the most active players are now primarily playing other games after seeing how boring this strat was (Im play more cs:go than crpg and I know quite a few others like that with different games), leaving the leaders who tend to do absolutely nothing but trade runs and defend still playing this game (you know who you are).

god propaganda master all hail master kesh of the USA
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 04:33:38 am »
Thanks, man. Do I get a badge informing everyone that reads my posts of how much of a shameful nerd I am or something?

I hope so.

Oh, nevermind, I see it. Sick, I'm a king of spergs.

haha i beat you into the kings club get fucking rekt sandy

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 06:35:50 am »
haha i beat you into the kings club get fucking rekt sandy

my ratio is better you jizz-genie
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 08:04:44 am »
god propaganda master all hail master kesh of the USA

Give it a fucking rest arowaine.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

• King
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 08:08:13 am »
+6

Oh, c'mon. Everyone has their niche. Daruvian insults people with creative semen/poop/gay/nerdisms, I write large, idealistic walls of text when the time comes, Bryggan writes RP and longs for enough knights to actually be 13, and Arowaine talks about fcc/kesh vassaldom.

It is the natural order of things. It is the tao. It is the way.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline arowaine

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 08:11:06 am »

read between the word little boy!

is it worth for kesh too ? cause im a baby ill stop when he will heueheueh

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 08:23:47 am »
+4
Oh, c'mon. Everyone has their niche. Daruvian insults people with creative semen/poop/gay/nerdisms, I write large, idealistic walls of text when the time comes, Bryggan writes RP and longs for enough knights to actually be 13, and Arowaine talks about fcc/kesh vassaldom.

It is the natural order of things. It is the tao. It is the way.

I hate kesh even more than arowaine. but even I can admit that FCC made strat 4 what it was, and Kesh was FCC. Arowaine's constant bigoted hatred against someone who only served to improve strat last round is just so fucking pointless. Not to mention the fact that arowaine and LCO only really fought VE when their back was turned and have in fact done shit all this strat. I realize it's his niche, but it's the dumbest fucking one he could have picked.

read between the word little boy!

is it worth for kesh too ? cause im a baby ill stop when he will heueheueh

All Kesh said was that LCO has not done shit this round, which is essentially true.
All kesh did last strat was fight, and fight, and fight. All you did last strat was hole up in your castles and then stab the poor withered remnants of the VE when their backs were turned. You sling shit constantly without ever contributing anything of note to any conversation.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 08:55:07 am »
+4
Sparvico has apparently forgotten the ages of attrition warfare LCO fought against VE in the earlier part of strat 4.  They also launched several attacks on Fimbulvetr, TKoV and FCC later on.

FCC did a huge portion of the fighting last round though, they were very dedicated and made sure that the people they were fighting had the least amount of fun possible.

Regardless, strat 5 sucks dick.  Nobody besides a few select factions are willing to put up any form of fight, and the few battles we do get are usually horribly lopsided.  In my opinion, they should just scrap it all and start up another round with similar mechanics to Strategus round 2.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 09:42:21 am »
Sparvico has apparently forgotten the ages of attrition warfare LCO fought against VE in the earlier part of strat 4.  They also launched several attacks on Fimbulvetr, TKoV and FCC later on.

FCC did a huge portion of the fighting last round though, they were very dedicated and made sure that the people they were fighting had the least amount of fun possible.

Regardless, strat 5 sucks dick.  Nobody besides a few select factions are willing to put up any form of fight, and the few battles we do get are usually horribly lopsided.  In my opinion, they should just scrap it all and start up another round with similar mechanics to Strategus round 2.

I hate kesh even more than arowaine. but even I can admit that FCC made strat 4 what it was, and Kesh was FCC. Arowaine's constant bigoted hatred against someone who only served to improve strat last round is just so fucking pointless. Not to mention the fact that arowaine and LCO only really fought VE when their back was turned and have in fact done shit all this strat. I realize it's his niche, but it's the dumbest fucking one he could have picked.

All Kesh said was that LCO has not done shit this round, which is essentially true.
All kesh did last strat was fight, and fight, and fight. All you did last strat was hole up in your castles and then stab the poor withered remnants of the VE when their backs were turned. You sling shit constantly without ever contributing anything of note to any conversation.

Did not forget about it at all, I in fact  lead an army of LCOs to capture and hold New Jelbegi for several weeks (or maybe one week, idk), but then LCO lost a few battles and arowaine threw in the towel like he always does.

(click to show/hide)

In any event the main point of this thread is that strat 5 sucks donkey balls. We either need to accept the dwindling community and adjust strat accordingly (less fiefs and cheaper gear), or try and add (re-add) things to strat to break the monotony and make it interesting to play in the hopes people will return.

Offline arowaine

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 10:16:08 am »
+1
Did not forget about it at all, I in fact  lead an army of LCOs to capture and hold New Jelbegi for several weeks (or maybe one week, idk), but then LCO lost a few battles and arowaine threw in the towel like he always does.

(click to show/hide)

In any event the main point of this thread is that strat 5 sucks donkey balls. We either need to accept the dwindling community and adjust strat accordingly (less fiefs and cheaper gear), or try and add (re-add) things to strat to break the monotony and make it interesting to play in the hopes people will return.

im pretty sure most of us do not even give a fuck about strat anymore we play it for a while was fun now just garbage like kesh said mod is death

problems of strat is lack of interest from people of the north american community/ game is dying/mod is getting old /admin-devs arent trying to keep the community together by getting a side game working properly without exploit/gear bug time issue, this game take to much time for so little fun from what i am concern strat is just a death side game.

i mean comon fraidan found out that he could track anyone on the map 1 week afther the realease, mudertron was inform that putting troop in city from this i think the game is not yet finish and im tired to play alpha game so i move on.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:21:14 am by arowaine »

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 05:51:45 pm »
+1
im pretty sure most of us do not even give a fuck about strat anymore we play it for a while was fun now just garbage like kesh said mod is death

problems of strat is lack of interest from people of the north american community/ game is dying/mod is getting old /admin-devs arent trying to keep the community together by getting a side game working properly without exploit/gear bug time issue, this game take to much time for so little fun from what i am concern strat is just a death side game.

i mean comon fraidan found out that he could track anyone on the map 1 week afther the realease, mudertron was inform that putting troop in city from this i think the game is not yet finish and im tired to play alpha game so i move on.

The sad part about all of this is how much of the map LCO controls and how much of the map they've done nothing with. You took AI fiefs. Congrats, so did most of us, but now that you have so many and had a lot of active players why aren't you starting wars for the sake of xp? Yeah mod is de.ad whatever, but you aren't helping breath any life into it by sitting on your hands with one of the largest factions in the game. MB, you guys too, attack someone make it more interesting. If I had your resources I'd be flooding NA with battles but I don't. I have Rhalzo, he's my only resource, and he's doing a great job. It's taken us all this time to just take a castle and have two decent armies that we're readying for the next step of our plan. At least some EU's came to our side to hopefully do just that, MAKE STRAT ABOUT BATTLES! Who cares what they are or even why, just so long as they are occurring. Quit being nerds camping and "building up resources" and fight something. Anyhow those are my thoughts on the matter of NA strat and why it's boring as fuck currently.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 05:55:13 pm »
+3
The sad part about all of this is how much of the map LCO controls and how much of the map they've done nothing with. You took AI fiefs. Congrats, so did most of us, but now that you have so many and had a lot of active players why aren't you starting wars for the sake of xp? Yeah mod is de.ad whatever, but you aren't helping breath any life into it by sitting on your hands with one of the largest factions in the game. MB, you guys too, attack someone make it more interesting. If I had your resources I'd be flooding NA with battles but I don't. I have Rhalzo, he's my only resource, and he's doing a great job. It's taken us all this time to just take a castle and have two decent armies that we're readying for the next step of our plan. At least some EU's came to our side to hopefully do just that, MAKE STRAT ABOUT BATTLES! Who cares what they are or even why, just so long as they are occurring. Quit being nerds camping and "building up resources" and fight something. Anyhow those are my thoughts on the matter of NA strat and why it's boring as fuck currently.

People aren't refraining from fighting because they're building up resources. They're refraining from fighting because it would take effort to put together armies, coordinate attacks, counter-attacks, withdrawals, etc etc that they do not feel is worth the result.

Unless what I'm gathered is wrong and people really are simply "building up", that'd be pretty shitty. I'm fairly confident people just don't want to spend the nerd-hours doing anything on strategus besides clicking "enter fief" "inventory, sell goods/info, buy goods". They're rather spend that time in NA_1.

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 06:40:40 pm »
+1
A lot of people are jumping on LCO for not doing much... what about Kbw?  They own the same amount of territory as LCO. 

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 07:21:57 pm »
+1
People aren't refraining from fighting because they're building up resources. They're refraining from fighting because it would take effort to put together armies, coordinate attacks, counter-attacks, withdrawals, etc etc that they do not feel is worth the result.

Unless what I'm gathered is wrong and people really are simply "building up", that'd be pretty shitty. I'm fairly confident people just don't want to spend the nerd-hours doing anything on strategus besides clicking "enter fief" "inventory, sell goods/info, buy goods". They're rather spend that time in NA_1.

So what you're saying is that people aren't doing anything because they're lazy bitches?

Also, the second half of your statement makes it seem like strat takes a tremendous amount of time out of your NA 1 time which it does not. You die, you alt tab, you click a few buttons you alt tab back in when round starts. Seems pretty easy to me. It's just frustrating when you look at the NA map then you read posts like this of people just bitching about how strat isn't fun, how it's dead, how so and so should be fighting so and so and yet no one does a goddamn thing about it. They just make more posts and try to out nerd other nerds on the forums. It's stupid as fuck. What is everyone so worried about, that their precious pixels on a webpage are going to dwindle or disappear? At this point who cares. At any point, who cares.

EDIT: I forgot to mention in my first post about how Squids were doing a great job and are pretty much our only hope.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:29:23 pm by Bronto »

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 07:25:00 pm »
+1
I say the Squids, Astralis, and Frisia should have peace talks. Then we can expand your empires 10 fold.