Author Topic: Strat Disparity: What Killed Strat.  (Read 4591 times)

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
Re: Strat Disparity: What Killed Strat.
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2014, 08:46:49 pm »
+3
So what you're saying is that people aren't doing anything because they're lazy bitches?

Also, the second half of your statement makes it seem like strat takes a tremendous amount of time out of your NA 1 time which it does not. You die, you alt tab, you click a few buttons you alt tab back in when round starts. Seems pretty easy to me. It's just frustrating when you look at the NA map then you read posts like this of people just bitching about how strat isn't fun, how it's dead, how so and so should be fighting so and so and yet no one does a goddamn thing about it. They just make more posts and try to out nerd other nerds on the forums. It's stupid as fuck. What is everyone so worried about, that their precious pixels on a webpage are going to dwindle or disappear? At this point who cares. At any point, who cares.

EDIT: I forgot to mention in my first post about how Squids were doing a great job and are pretty much our only hope.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What he was saying is... Strat takes too long.  It takes way too long to build up one army that may only get to fight for one battle.  The reward isn't there.  Many of the battles... NA_1 is more fun.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2014, 09:07:53 pm »
What he was saying is... Strat takes too long.  It takes way too long to build up one army that may only get to fight for one battle.  The reward isn't there.  Many of the battles... NA_1 is more fun.

Thats the funniest part.  KbW and Occitan got most of their fiefs (and thats a lot of fiefs) for practically nothing 12-13 against, so they got ALL that AI gear to play around with.  Takes almost no effort on their part to do something as opposed to Squids where most of their gear comes from a massive amount of trade runs and caravan raids.

This is the thing - I knew, me and the other most active FCC guys couldn't put the same effort we did last strat so we stepped down and split up FCC.  If Arowaine has completely given up on this mod as he says - he really needs to step down and give all those strat resources to someone in his faction who will do something with them, even if its something stupid, at least its a fight instead of another 9 months of arowaine worrying so much about losing his fiefs and alienating any factions other than the one I'm in, that he never initiates an attack against anyone in a FRICKEN WARGAME!  Same goes for Aldo, who if he spent even 1/50th of the time he spends on the battle server leading his guys on strat would have done more fights than squids.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2014, 10:01:41 pm »
+1
Thats the funniest part.  KbW and Occitan got most of their fiefs (and thats a lot of fiefs) for practically nothing 12-13 against, so they got ALL that AI gear to play around with.  Takes almost no effort on their part to do something as opposed to Squids where most of their gear comes from a massive amount of trade runs and caravan raids.

This is the thing - I knew, me and the other most active FCC guys couldn't put the same effort we did last strat so we stepped down and split up FCC.  If Arowaine has completely given up on this mod as he says - he really needs to step down and give all those strat resources to someone in his faction who will do something with them, even if its something stupid, at least its a fight instead of another 9 months of arowaine worrying so much about losing his fiefs and alienating any factions other than the one I'm in, that he never initiates an attack against anyone in a FRICKEN WARGAME!  Same goes for Aldo, who if he spent even 1/50th of the time he spends on the battle server leading his guys on strat would have done more fights than squids.

You shall not worry, EU masterrace will bring you a few battles soon :D
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 10:05:22 pm »
+2
Hey, kesh, why don't you call out any other faction beside your old enemies. Oh wait! You like them so you won't!

Give it a rest kesh. Strat is dead. I don't see you out there making battles for anyone! 2 of your fiefs were "bought" from AoW after they conquered them.

Even the EU's haven't done shit(even after you asked them to come over), though KU is striking back to retake their lost fief. Stop hiding behind your vassals(oops, sorry, your friends) AoW. Or maybe, how about you retake ganners fief for him from your buddy buddy EU's.

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 10:14:16 pm »
+2
The sad part about all of this is how much of the map LCO controls and how much of the map they've done nothing with. You took AI fiefs. Congrats, so did most of us, but now that you have so many and had a lot of active players why aren't you starting wars for the sake of xp? Yeah mod is de.ad whatever, but you aren't helping breath any life into it by sitting on your hands with one of the largest factions in the game. MB, you guys too, attack someone make it more interesting. If I had your resources I'd be flooding NA with battles but I don't. I have Rhalzo, he's my only resource, and he's doing a great job. It's taken us all this time to just take a castle and have two decent armies that we're readying for the next step of our plan. At least some EU's came to our side to hopefully do just that, MAKE STRAT ABOUT BATTLES! Who cares what they are or even why, just so long as they are occurring. Quit being nerds camping and "building up resources" and fight something. Anyhow those are my thoughts on the matter of NA strat and why it's boring as fuck currently.

dude we made astralis survive against all the invader we feed mb some fief we helped hospitaller and other clan for several stuff but yeah as i said im talking about the occitan interest not the whole group! but yeah i hear you dude so pls attack so i my group can feel doing something also remenber why taking more land then what we need/want only fief we are missing from our initia claim is shariz from murdertron and compare to some people im able to put the axe away and change things in strat. like sparvico say anyways occitan is shit and arowaine aswell so since we respect the na community we will just be leaving and let you guys have fun!

anyways i love you all after all it was a pleasure now have fun without me.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:20:16 pm by arowaine »
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2014, 10:17:27 pm »
+4
dude we made astralis survive against all the invader we feed mb some fief we helped hospitaller and other clan for several stuff but yeah as i said im talking about the occitan interest not the whole group! so you can get your point straigth

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2014, 10:23:49 pm »
+2
Even the EU's haven't done shit

Give us gear or silver and we will gladly start shit right now.
But you know, it is pretty difficult to attack a player/fief if you do not have the gear to actually fight.

Don't know how much shit all the other EU factions have, we literally built everything we have from scratch, and I think considering we went to NA quite a bit into the round we have done a lot more than the majority of the NA factions who have started building from Day 1 and still have not had one proper battle.

I have put a load of effort and time into organising trades and shit, I literally had almost no time to play for half an hour because I would constantly be talking with people. For a couple weeks basically.
Recently stopped putting so much energy into Strat, otherwise we would probably already have had a few proper battles. Now it is a bit delayed but if you badly want nice fights, how about you just get an army and attack a faction that can put up a decent fight?
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2014, 10:28:51 pm »
+3
we will just be leaving and let you guys have fun!

You're just leaving? Your entire clan just giving up on strat? Really? I knew you were French Canadian, I just didn't expect so much French, what with all the surrendering you just did.

(click to show/hide)

Also, this is going to be a gold rush, everyone to LCO lands to claim their abandoned fiefs and castles etc...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:34:44 pm by Bronto »

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2014, 10:33:32 pm »
+2
So what I got from this was that Arrowaine is sick of all these factions suckin on his teet.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2014, 10:43:22 pm »
dude we made astralis survive against all the invader we feed mb some fief we helped hospitaller and other clan for several stuff but yeah as i said im talking about the occitan interest not the whole group! but yeah i hear you dude so pls attack so i my group can feel doing something also remenber why taking more land then what we need/want only fief we are missing from our initia claim is shariz from murdertron and compare to some people im able to put the axe away and change things in strat. like sparvico say anyways occitan is shit and arowaine aswell so since we respect the na community we will just be leaving and let you guys have fun!

anyways i love you all after all it was a pleasure now have fun without me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7WH63wk-sA

"Screw you guys, mmm going hmme."
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2014, 10:47:46 pm »
Give us gear or silver and we will gladly start shit right now.
But you know, it is pretty difficult to attack a player/fief if you do not have the gear to actually fight.

Don't know how much shit all the other EU factions have, we literally built everything we have from scratch, and I think considering we went to NA quite a bit into the round we have done a lot more than the majority of the NA factions who have started building from Day 1 and still have not had one proper battle.

I have put a load of effort and time into organising trades and shit, I literally had almost no time to play for half an hour because I would constantly be talking with people. For a couple weeks basically.
Recently stopped putting so much energy into Strat, otherwise we would probably already have had a few proper battles. Now it is a bit delayed but if you badly want nice fights, how about you just get an army and attack a faction that can put up a decent fight?

I DO have an army, and gear, but it's a garrison and not to leave the castle. I've been building/gearing up armies of ours for a bit, but our guys generally do it themselves. IE: Each army/trader is his own gear, time and effort, and not coordinated at all from up top beyond targets to attack.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2014, 11:06:55 pm »
did arowaine just completely melt down when tasked with taking a risk. That is awesome. Hahahaha.

With that being said superfriends have a few thousand troops with gear anyone interested in a field battle? I would like to fight a couple where I am not climbing up a ladder into the ranged rain of death and also where I am not standing behind a wall bored to tears watching the ranged rain of death fall on the enemy.
Leader of BS

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2014, 11:29:22 pm »
+7
I DO have an army, and gear, but it's a garrison and not to leave the castle. I've been building/gearing up armies of ours for a bit, but our guys generally do it themselves. IE: Each army/trader is his own gear, time and effort, and not coordinated at all from up top beyond targets to attack.

Okay, leaving an army as garrison is understandable. But why do you blame everybody else for Strat being dead? You technically could help by using your army. Obviously you won't, because it would be stupid, no doubt.
At the moment our faction is running with a very flat command structure as well, people ask for goods, whoever owns our city distributes them to our members and they run off and go trade and shit. I know it takes ages like that to actually get decent armies going. But apparently so do you. So please stop shoving the blame over to us EU people and other NA factions who have not yet had good battles. Maybe they just need more time. Blame the devs instead, they raised the gear prices to insane amounts so small factions cannot afford decent gear for months.
We are trying, but we cannot create gear out of nothing.

(Obviously, this does not go for the factions who do have gear, but just don't use it)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I guess I can give some overall unbiased input. I think I have played for literally every faction that is currently active on Strat. I cannot say that I dislike any of the leaders, in fact I am pretty sure that I like everyone of them. So I am holding no grudges whatsoever. Neither have I bothered to read all the propaganda or anti-propaganda of anybody so no bias there either.

(The following is solely based on my observations, if anything I say is not true, then I apologise, and feel free to correct me, thank you =) )
I do not know which faction has how much gear, how many troops etc. All I know is that certain factions have loads of fiefs.

Squids and Acre have had some really nice battles, unfortunately I could not make it to any of them pretty much :| Anyway, I think nobody can complain about them at all.

Then I see KbW and Occitans owning quite a lot of land, and I have not seen many battles of them. I am sure they have a lot more potential than they are showing. So please guys, even if you do not use the best gear, just make some battles happen :)

Wardens of the North (That grey bunch in the North-East and Northern Steppes) have a few fiefs as well, and quite a lot of troops. No idea about the gear, but I really hope once you have the financial possibilities that you will buy gear and just start some shit.

Black Company and this weirdo blue-ish faction that owns Kelredan Castle seem fairly small, so I assume they need a bit of time to actually get decent gear for really nice battles.

Bro's certainly have quite a bit of gear as far as I know, their attack on Rindyar Castle could have been a nice fight, but they chose to attack at a ridiculous time. Quite disappointed about that, but I hope in future you will decide to attack at nice NA times, rather than EU times (We are in NA after all guys, please show appreciation that you are not instantly driven back to EU by all of NA)

Birds, very small and I doubt anybody expects them to actually start conquering the map. However, a little bit of activity is definitely appreciated :) PS: BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN *flap flap* :D

Legitimate Businessmen (Blue down in the desert, assume they all belong to the Legit B.men) own quite a lot of fiefs now as well. I cannot say whether those fiefs are bought or taken, did not get round to playing many NA battles lately. But I hope to see many nice battles from you guys soon now that you have many fiefs and all :)

Special Ed is doing a great job, hated by many at first (Thanks to Murders GoT spoilers :D) but I think everybody appreciates the nice battles you have had.

Balde: I know you guys had a lot of gear, no idea whether you managed to bring it all over to NA. But I hope you will not be picking your nose only while sitting in your castle down in the South-West :)

Sloths: Recently had to settle in the Steppes right next to us. Like us they are a fairly small faction, but we are together working on bringing you guys a nice fight or two :)

Foxes basically belong to us, we gave them our village after they were forced out of their homes in EU (Nope, not by DRZ, by the Seljuks :P) So if we happen to have a nice fight, credit goes to them as well.

Super Friends, small faction like us, and Kesh certainly does not put as much energy into Strat as last round (Unfortunately, but understandable) But they have helped small homeless factions and all so I dont think anyone can blame them for Strat being dead. (Just seen Bales post, so I guess we can expect nice battles there soon as well :D)

Free Trade fiefs including Sungetche Castle, Reyvadin and Halmar (I assume they all are one faction) Well, free trade fiefs. Cannot expect them to go on a Crusade, especially cause they are basically a one man faction belong to each fief.

Kalmar has a bit of gear left as well, now that Squids are trying to wipe them I expect nice battles to happen in future :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:34:30 pm by Switchtense »

Offline Holiday203

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of Wutang, Justice League
  • Game nicks: Batman_Holiday_AoW
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2014, 11:51:48 pm »
+3
Tilbault Castle is a lie.

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2014, 11:54:35 pm »
Tilbault Castle The cake is a lie.

Well, forgot to mention Anders in that bottom part, but I guess one can figure that we cannot expect big fights from him in near future either :) But hopefully at some point :D