Author Topic: Iraq falling appart  (Read 52657 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Iraq falling appart
« Reply #345 on: August 23, 2014, 07:34:30 pm »
Why would I even attempt to troll about something like this??

I primarily go to documentingreality for gore and news like this, so I got most of the information from their facebook feed https://www.facebook.com/DocumentingReality

I'm sure I can track down some more info about it, but really, I shouldn't have to. They were warning for about 48 hours prior to shutting down this site, and I'm sure others, that sharing this video was considered a "terrorist act" or some bullshit like that. DR has been down 3 days because of it.

I haven't read through all of this, so I'm not sure what all it says, but it may back up what I've posted: http://thinkprogress.org/world/2014/08/21/3473831/ethics-behind-blocking-foley-beheading-video/
So there's something vague that DR said on their facebook page, and then there's an article about sites that don't allow graphic content taking down a beheading video? Okay then...
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #346 on: August 23, 2014, 07:38:22 pm »
+1
So there's something vague that DR said on their facebook page, and then there's an article about sites that don't allow graphic content taking down a beheading video? Okay then...

I'm not going to sit here and argue, I just figured it was worth pointing out. Fuck me for trying to help avoid issues.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 23, 2014, 07:50:41 pm »
I'm not going to sit here and argue, I just figured it was worth pointing out. Fuck me for trying to help avoid issues.
The victim act is really cute. I hear that bathing in Christian blood helps develop thicker skin.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 23, 2014, 07:51:58 pm »
The victim act is really cute. I hear that bathing in Christian blood helps develop thicker skin.

Wow.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 23, 2014, 07:53:19 pm »
What? It's the only skincare product I use, I vouch for its effectiveness.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 23, 2014, 07:54:03 pm »
What? It's the only skincare product I use, I vouch for its effectiveness.

You need to step away from the computer and stop making 15-20 posts a day on this forum.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 23, 2014, 07:56:32 pm »
You need to step away from the computer and stop making 15-20 posts a day on this forum.
Good, good, you're now on the second stage of the five stages of loss and grief. It'll only get harder from here on out, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 23, 2014, 07:58:21 pm »
Good, good, you're now on the second stage of the five stages of loss and grief. It'll only get harder from here on out, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Your stats:

Total Time Spent Online:76 days, 20 hours and 58 minutes.
Total Posts:7107 posts

Wow. Speaks for itself.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 23, 2014, 08:01:23 pm »
Your stats:

Total Time Spent Online:76 days, 20 hours and 58 minutes.

Wow. Speaks for itself.
It's hilarious how butthurt you got when I called you out on your bullshit  :lol:
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 23, 2014, 08:04:45 pm »
+2
It's not bullshit. You saw Documenting Reality's feed for yourself. I just don't appreciate coming to General Off Topic very rarely and being called a troll or shit on simply by trying to post something someone may find useful.

I take DR's word for gold because it's the only site that I trust to deliver accurate news and its mods to upkeep the integrity of the site. When Chris (the owner) says something happened, I believe him.

You are like the EU version of Smoothrich, a piss poor troll, and a wound up angsty teenager.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 23, 2014, 08:08:21 pm »
It's not bullshit. You saw Documenting Reality's feed for yourself. I just don't appreciate coming to General Off Topic very rarely and being called a troll or shit on simply by trying to post something someone may find useful.

I take DR's word for gold because it's the only site that I trust to deliver accurate news and its mods to upkeep the integrity of the site. When Chris (the owner) says something happened, I believe him.

You are like the EU version of Smoothrich, a piss poor troll, and a wound up angsty teenager.
You mean you failed at reading comprehension then got super mad because someone called - not even harshly - your dumb-ass out on it. It's not my fault you're retarded, and getting mad at me isn't going to fix it. You'll have to see your doctor for meds.

And no man, YOU are like the AUS version of Smoothrich, a piss poor troll, and a wound up angsty teenager.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 23, 2014, 08:13:30 pm »
You mean you failed at reading comprehension then got super mad because someone called - not even harshly - your dumb-ass out on it. It's not my fault you're retarded, and getting mad at me isn't going to fix it. You'll have to see your doctor for meds.

And no man, YOU are like the AUS version of Smoothrich, a piss poor troll, and a wound up angsty teenager.

From DR's Facebook feed;
"Well for the first time in the history of the site, the plug was pulled on the server due to the objection of content. The James Foley video has caused quite a stir and Governments are pulling server plugs.

Working with the powers that be to get the site back online. I guess they are taking the stance that if we hide what's going on, it will all just go away.

Not sure how long they are going to 'punish' me and keep the site unplugged. Yet I will keep this thread updated with progress for anyone that wants to follow along."

And really, Xant? You're going to personally insult me over the internet by calling me a retard and a dumbass? Telling me to get medicated? This post, and nearly every other post you make on this forum just solidifies the fact that you are highly immature and seek no other form of enjoyment than to sit here and make fun of people on the internet and this forum. The most insecure people, are those that take pleasure in tormenting others.

I'm done. You aren't worth the time any more. Keep going, you're almost up to your 15 post-a-day par.

Edit: by the way, AUS? I'm from NA. Or is this some other piss poor attempt to troll?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 08:18:48 pm by Tanken »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 23, 2014, 08:18:34 pm »
From DR's Facebook feed;
"Well for the first time in the history of the site, the plug was pulled on the server due to the objection of content. The James Foley video has caused quite a stir and Governments are pulling server plugs.

Working with the powers that be to get the site back online. I guess they are taking the stance that if we hide what's going on, it will all just go away.

Not sure how long they are going to 'punish' me and keep the site unplugged. Yet I will keep this thread updated with progress for anyone that wants to follow along."

And really, Xant? You're going to personally insult me over the internet by calling me a retard and a dumbass? Telling me to get medicated? This post, and nearly every other post you make on this forum just solidifies the fact that you are highly immature and seek no other form of enjoyment than to sit here and make fun of people on the internet and this forum. The most insecure people, are those that take pleasure in tormenting others.

I'm done. You aren't worth the time any more. Keep going, you're almost up to your 15 post-a-day par.
Yes, way to highlight your reading comprehension fail. Nowhere does it state what you stated in your original post. And hey, I'm just calling it like it is -- you ARE retarded and a dumbass, this being the internet doesn't change that. As for the medication, that's not for the retardation - I'm afraid you're just going to have to live with that - that's for your anger management issues. I can see why you'd get so mad though, I guess. It's not like you don't have to deal with people telling you this daily IRL, now the secret's out online too? Harsh shit, brother, harsh shit.

And actually, it says 5 posts daily, as opposed to your 2, and you registered over three months later than me. What a difference, right? Couldn't find anything else to base your insults on? It's all right - it's hard to find material on a dapper fellow like me.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 23, 2014, 08:22:15 pm »

My original post:
Please make sure we do not link James Foley's beheading video on this forum. The Government is shutting down sites that post it. They already shut down Documentingreality and Liveleak.

From DR's Facebook feed and the comment added thereafter.

and the comment,

" It seems we are not the only ones. Liveleak pulled the video as well. They claimed that they removed it for moral reasons, yet I'm pretty sure they were getting the same pressure we were getting to remove it from the powers that be."

Though it seems LiveLeak put the video back up, I made the post shortly after seeing these posts. You really need to stop insulting. It detracts from any credibility you have.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 23, 2014, 08:23:13 pm »
My original post:
From DR's Facebook feed and the comment added thereafter.

and the comment,

" It seems we are not the only ones. Liveleak pulled the video as well. They claimed that they removed it for moral reasons, yet I'm pretty sure they were getting the same pressure we were getting to remove it from the powers that be."

Though it seems LiveLeak put the video back up, I made the post shortly after seeing these posts. You really need to stop insulting. It detracts from any credibility you have.
I thought you said you were done with me? Couldn't keep your word for three minutes, eh? Shouldn't you be off writing some nerdy roleplaying shit for Strategus right about now?

As for insults -- I recommend a good look in the mirror, provided you can gather the courage.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.