Author Topic: Iraq falling appart  (Read 52681 times)

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
Re: Iraq falling appart
« Reply #375 on: August 25, 2014, 07:21:34 am »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/sas-special-forces-forming-hunter-4097083

Quote from: Mirror
Elite British and US special forces troops are forming a hunter killer unit called Task Force Black – its orders: “Smash the Islamic State.”

The undercover warriors will aim to “cut the head off the snake” by hitting the command structure of the Islamist terror group responsible for a trail of atrocities across Iraq and Syria, reports the Sunday People.

PM David Cameron has told the SAS and UK spy agencies to direct all their •resources at defeating IS after a video of US journalist James Foley being beheaded shocked the world.

British special forces —  SAS, special forces aircrews from the RAF and agents from MI5 and MI6 —  will work with America’s Delta Force and Seal Team 6. The move sees a rebirth of top secret Task Force Black, which helped defeat al-Qaeda terrorists in Iraq.

The operation will be led by America’s CIA spy agency.

One of the first jobs will be to identify the British Muslim shown on an IS video released last week apparently cutting Foley’s head off with a knife.

UK intelligence sources confirmed that the killer, believed to be a British-born Pakistani from London, is already at the top of a CIA “kill list”.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 25, 2014, 09:49:58 am »
+3
This sounds unbelievably romantic. It's almost as if they were paid by movie and video game producers to create a real life Hollywood scenario.

Operations will also be mounted to snatch middle-ranking IS commanders for interrogation by CIA analysts.

lol

Also all British newspapers should be burned to the ground. They are beyond repair by now.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:54:46 am by Kafein »

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
« Reply #377 on: August 25, 2014, 09:57:59 am »
Elite British and US special forces troops are forming a hunter killer unit called Task Force Black – its orders: “Smash the Islamic State.”

The undercover warriors will aim to “cut the head off the snake” by hitting the command structure of the Islamist terror group responsible for a trail of atrocities across Iraq and Syria, reports the Sunday People.

PM David Cameron has told the SAS and UK spy agencies to direct all their •resources at defeating IS after a video of US journalist James Foley being beheaded shocked the world.

British special forces —  SAS, special forces aircrews from the RAF and agents from MI5 and MI6 —  will work with America’s Delta Force and Seal Team 6. The movie(<--- best missread of the day for me...) sees a rebirth of top secret Task Force Black, which helped defeat al-Qaeda terrorists in Iraq.

The operation will be led by America’s CIA spy agency.

One of the first jobs will be to identify the British Muslim shown on an IS video released last week apparently cutting Foley’s head off with a knife.

UK intelligence sources confirmed that the killer, believed to be a British-born Pakistani from London, is already at the top of a CIA “kill list”.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #378 on: August 25, 2014, 11:18:45 am »
+1
This sounds unbelievably romantic. It's almost as if they were paid by movie and video game producers to create a real life Hollywood scenario.

Sounds like a new call of duty campaign to me indeed

All we need, is Capten Preis.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 25, 2014, 02:57:33 pm »
+1

Offline Knife

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fällen Brigäde
« Reply #380 on: August 25, 2014, 03:55:45 pm »
As for that Foley bullshit, here's a wonderful article which gathers up all what's wrong with it, without getting carried away into the usual ''CIA IS BEHIND IT ALL OMGG'' (which it might be, who knows)

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/563796/20140825/four-reasons-why-james-foley-beheading-video.htm#.U_s_Z_mSz3Q

It doesn't mention anything about the knife which is held by the 'evil man in black robes', but I'm quite certain it's not able to cut anything except for butter  :P

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 25, 2014, 04:04:55 pm »
That article has some ridiculous points, like

The Polished Look in Video

"The video is apparently too polished to have come from a Middle Eastern militant organisation. There are several other terror videos which are circulated online. However, those videos are generally amateur-looking with poor audio and video quality."

Clearly they didn't see the 1 hour long propaganda video they made. It was in full HD.

If they don't even care to clarify such small details, how could I trust them with bigger ones?

Also this one

No Islamic Word Spoken

"The spoken language in the video is English. Even though the masked militant in the video talked about Muslim interest which the Islamic State appeared to be protecting, there is hardly any Islamic word spoken during the video. Middle Eastern Muslims use words like "Inshallah" pretty often during a conversation. More importantly, there is no Islamic chant during the execution. It is almost a certainty that Islamic terrorists say "Allahu Akbar" while killing a hostage. Past execution videos show such practice, but there is no such thing in this video."

Erm.. foreign fighters? Hello?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:08:33 pm by Christo »

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #382 on: August 25, 2014, 04:23:52 pm »
+2
Indeed, the fact that they don't show the entire beheading scene is too unbeliavable. There are tons of videos out there which display their keenness on explicitly displaying bloodshed. If they really beheaded that guy, they would want us to enjoy every little bit of it. And yeah, the fineness of the video creates a certain extent of doubt as well. I haven't seen such a professional and theatrical recording so far.

People have been claiming that it's all a matter of creating collective public opposition. From a hostility point of view, I can understand and believe this theory. Although these guys aren't too bright in their actions, they seem to be aware of the fact that they can't explicitly get tangled with the U.S. just like the way they can't actually fuck with Israel (which would actually give them a lot of support in case of a succesful clash, but that is pure assumption and fantasy). In the end, the U.S. has to legitimize the circumstances if it has to get involved. So, some dramatic show was necessary at least to convince the U.S. public, which as far as I am concerned is not as happy with the warfare economy as they used to. Which is to say, some convincing was necessary.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 25, 2014, 04:29:45 pm »
And yeah, the fineness of the video creates a certain extent of doubt as well. I haven't seen such a professional and theatrical recording so far.

https://ia801509.us.archive.org/18/items/al_saleel_4/SaleelSawarim.mp4

If you want to see some really graphic propaganda from ISIS.

I can't see if it's still working or not, but this was in surprisingly great quality.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:38:56 pm by Christo »

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2014, 04:58:47 pm »
Well, it doesn't open a new page but gives me a download dialogue for some 890 mb video. Proof enough that it is of good quality as well. Probably I haven't seen enough of these.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2014, 06:59:38 pm »
I frankly don't give a shit either way. This is the least of their crimes. Execute thousands of people in often gruesome ways , meh, but one western journalist and it's zealot killing time? Don't see why they need to fake the execution, there's more than enough bloody and revolting propaganda there already. Not point in demonizing a group that have themselves gleefully shown to be willing to do much worse than that. Explicitly and in many obviously highly polished and produced videos. ISIS probably have more geeky internet jihadists spreading their bullshit all over the web than actual fighters.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 25, 2014, 07:57:41 pm »
It doesn't mention anything about the knife which is held by the 'evil man in black robes', but I'm quite certain it's not able to cut anything except for butter  :P
The knife looks perfectly capable of cutting off a man's head, given enough time. Nothing in that article is heavy evidence that it was faked, quite the opposite. "Oh my lawrd, his clothes weren't dirty." Well whoop-de-doo, maybe he always wears his best black dress when beheading westerners.

They had the journalist in custody, he's dead, there's no motive to fake it.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #387 on: August 25, 2014, 08:32:00 pm »
I agree with Xant.
The video barely shows the first cut on the throat and then cuts to the body.
They might have used something bigger to actually get the head off. I guess it's rather difficult to do that from a... mechanical point of view :?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Knife

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fällen Brigäde
« Reply #388 on: August 25, 2014, 08:41:17 pm »
If you'd read, that article merely sums up all the points collected from various other articles and youtube videos. There was this wonderful youtube video which compared that 'foley' guy before his apparent disappearance 2 years ago to the one now in that weird orange clothing. Reading from mainstream media, it says that the guy was 'kidnapped'. So, been imprisoned for 2 years, you gain weight and muscularity? That guy kneeling there ain't the same journalist. Who knows, all I know is that the family itself are just pisspoor crisis actors, there are live interviews which you can view too btw. First his apparent 'mother' and 'father'. The 'father' keeps smiling constantly and I think even whilst watching that crap the 'mother' messed up the fact that their 'son' was deceased, referring to him in present, then quickly correcting the sentence as of out of script which is weird. And best not forget the sister, smiling all the way through as of ''hurray, I can be in television!!!''

Too fishy, details aside, it's a hoax. For what? Who knows, probably to gain public support for something. Apparently there are too many muslims in UK too, might be the reason why the first day this video showed up it was suddenly clear that the guy in black robes was British and belonged to some muslim group in UK? I'm not so sure about the last one, I haven't really bothered with this that much because hell, what do I even know? I might play a keyboard warrior over here, but all of us arguing here are clueless quite honestly. It's also well known that 'murica has lost its influence back in Iraq, maybe this was to get people's approval for invasion? That is if you call aerial attacks an invasion...

All I know is that if something as horrible as this happened to my family member, even if not close, I wouldn't be smiling even if there's a clown in front of me during the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elodRwk2jVQ&list=UU3xHAfZZqbMMWjc1ed1ajow#t=14

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 25, 2014, 08:49:52 pm »
If you'd read, that article merely sums up all the points collected from various other articles and youtube videos.

Too bad those points are too ridiculous to be taken seriously.