Poll

What would you pay for an heirloomed item?

0-50,000 gold per loom level
50,000-100,000 gold per loom level
100,000-200,000 gold per loom level
200,000-500,000 gold per loom level
500,000+ gold per loom level
Only other heirloomed items
I would never buy/trade/sell heirlooms, so this doesn't apply to me

Author Topic: What do YOU think is a reasonable price for heirlooms?  (Read 5395 times)

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: What do YOU think is a reasonable price for heirlooms?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2011, 01:21:14 pm »
Ah, that's right - 50 gold per tick base.  So somewhere between 200k - 300k gold earned per generation.  Or slightly less with generation xp bonuses, but those are so small now I'll ignore them.  So I'd put that as a sort of soft-max price that a heirloom point would be worth to me - the price point at which the time it would take for me to earn the gold to pay for the item would be the same time it would take for me to just heirloom the item myself.

Now someone mentioned that some older players might be tired of retiring and not want to do it anymore, so that could nudge the price up.  Likewise, I don't know how many players have huge stores of gold saved up, but if there are many that could also inflate the price. 

But I think eventually it will max out at something around this value per heirloom point.  I also think heirloomed items will be sold for gold:

Myself, I'm a first gen and only have 100k gold saved up.  Once I get to the point of retiring, I'll have the option of using that 1 heirloom point myself.  I probably won't even notice the difference in the equipment if I do.  And I may choose badly, wasting it on some item I won't want to use in the long run.  So I'd be far more inclined to take up someone's offer of 250k cash to use that heirloom point on whatever item they're willing to pay for - because it would be nice to have that cash cushion so I can go full-plate now and then. 

And don't forget Strategus.  I've been away for ages, so I'm not sure how it may have changed - but if you can use your character's gold for things in Strategus, then gold will become pretty important.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2011, 02:59:44 pm »
loom for sell imho is a bad idea.

will force only ppl to  leech and farm more.     

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2011, 03:02:18 pm »
will force only ppl to  leech and farm more.   

Euhm, nobody is forcing anybody. That's just your own need to grind speaking there. Not everyone feels he has to deck out his character in looms.  :wink:
Lately, i've been having more fun on my loom-less alts. I never felt like heirlooms are mandatory. You should treat them as long term objectives you might- or might not ever get to whilst playing for fun.

Try focusing on other fun aspects of the game, such as teamplay and tactics. :D

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2011, 03:07:30 pm »
Euhm, nobody is forcing anybody. That's just your own need to grind speaking there. Not everyone feels he has to deck out his character in looms.  :wink:
Lately, i've been having more fun on my loom-less alts. I never felt like heirlooms are mandatory. You should treat them as long term objectives you might- or might not ever get to whilst playing for fun.

Try focusing on other fun aspects of the game, such as teamplay and tactics. :D

yeah thats why half of the scammers on market are  admin/dev,  becouse they  focus on templay and tactics not at grind

and stop follish  ppl with  low and cheap retorical things. loom are needed, is a  competitive game,  you wanna competE? you wanna kill?  you need loom

and  suddently   we have stupid npc games like DTV and  market for loom.

only a blind cant not see where this will bring.             but hey make 1+1 for someone is hard
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 03:08:57 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2011, 03:12:08 pm »
loom are needed, is a  competitive game,  you wanna competE? you wanna kill?  you need loom
You are fooling yourself into thinking those looms give you an edge. Instead, try playing without them for a while. Make a few alts.
You'll realize that the tiny advantage a couple of heirlooms might give really doesn't change the game that much.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2011, 03:14:46 pm »
sorry we destroyed your dream vicious :(

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2011, 03:15:58 pm »
but hey make 1+1 for someone is hard

1+1=10

Offline HELM

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011, 03:17:14 pm »
You are fooling yourself into thinking those looms give you an edge. Instead, try playing without them for a while. Make a few alts.
You'll realize that the tiny advantage a couple of heirlooms might give really doesn't change the game that much.

I agree with Phazey.
SOme dude smacking you with 21 str 7 PS and a great maul is gonna 1 shot u with or without a loomed Great Maul. Lancer cav is gonna 1 shot u with or without a loom. The game is team play and timing orientated. The small advantage a loomed item gives you will not save you from death 99% of the time.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2011, 03:36:25 pm »
sorry we destroyed your dream vicious :(

my dream? i have no dream only nightmare

dont follish yourself.         you only adding grind on grind, and claiming it,  feature   
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 04:03:02 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2011, 05:20:38 pm »
I agree with Phazey.
SOme dude smacking you with 21 str 7 PS and a great maul is gonna 1 shot u with or without a loomed Great Maul. Lancer cav is gonna 1 shot u with or without a loom. The game is team play and timing orientated. The small advantage a loomed item gives you will not save you from death 99% of the time.
I really want to agree with both of you, but 14 extra body armor can be a good amount of damage negation, especially when someone is wearing plate. I've never been one to think looms give you much of an advantage, even with the previous weapon looms, but it does give you an "edge". It may not be much, but extra damage is extra damage.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Kharn

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • Game nicks: Kharn, Oneshot_Mcgee, Flash
  • IRC nick: Kharn
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2011, 05:23:07 pm »
Every problem with a number for an answer can be solved with math.

To lay down some base information I used in my calculations:

The average xp per minute is 1950.
The math to determine this is based on a 50% chance of loss each round.
Average exp per minute =   (1000 * 0.5) +  (2000 * 0.25) + (3000 * 0.12) + (4000 *.06) +  (5000 0.07)
To be exact if you want, every minute of game play you gain 1950 exp and 97.5 gold

At this rate level 31 takes exactly 76 hours for a 1st generation player.

So... it takes 76 hours of work to obtain an heirloom, but that is not the end of the story. During that time your character produces 444,620 gold.  Formula:

Heirloom_Times * (76 hours of work + 444,620 gold) + Original_item_cost = Cost_of_Heirloom

to reduce further, 76 hours also equates to 444,620 gold so

Heirloom_Times * (889,240 gold) + Original_item_cost = Cost_of_heirloom

The first time you heirloom an item it is worth to you 889,240 gold
The second is 862,562 gold
The third is 835,886 gold
So triple heir-loomed item is theoretically worth +2,587688 gold

But by observation it is clear that players value not going without armor and weapon for 76 hours at over 444,620 gold. Because of this it can be excluded from the calculations by an opportunity cost that renders it irrelevant. So really, the actual value is half of this, making the final values calculated to be:  (rounded)

1x Loom +=    445,000 gold
2x Loom +=    876,000 gold
3x Loom += 1,294,000 gold

----------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. :  These final values are simply the value of obtaining them yourselves.  If people are not willing to pay this amount for your items then in general  it is not worth the money to sell your heirlooms.  (unless the heirloom is worthless to you like an Elders Training Sword)
If your name is on either of these 2 lists: http://goo.gl/0SEqf -- http://goo.gl/I3SFf
And you want to be on youtube dueling famous fighters. Add imkharn to steam.
To see existing videos go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/imkharn

Offline AgentQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2011, 05:25:50 pm »
someone sell me a triple heirloomed Great Long Bardiche.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2011, 05:30:47 pm »
I cannot se how much money you gain or how much money you loose have any impact on the value of a heirloom.
Neither has any sort of effect on the heirloom or the time it took you to make it.

What is important is the value of those 72 hours it takes to make a heirloom. How much cRPG gold is 72 hours of your life worth...

I voted 200k to 500k, but honestly it is probably closer to 500k to 1 mil.

Another important fact:

Right now Gold has no value. Most people have large enough reserves to use it as they please for equipment etc.
In short: As of right now we have nothing to spend gold on, that is of any use but heirlooms from other players.
This might increase the price of heirlooms.

BUT:
When strat is online and gold from cRPG will be a part of gameplay, a lot of people will consider if 30 mercenaries ain't worth more than a heirloom.

I foresee the following, only exception being how heirlooms work in strat:
Prices will be on the rise, because people have plenty of gold and nothing to spend it on.
When strat goes online we will see a price fall in heirlooms unless they have major importance in strat.

Sell heirlooms for 500k + now
Buy them back at 200k later.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2011, 06:00:32 pm »
I really want to agree with both of you, but 14 extra body armor can be a good amount of damage negation, especially when someone is wearing plate. I've never been one to think looms give you much of an advantage, even with the previous weapon looms, but it does give you an "edge". It may not be much, but extra damage is extra damage.

Using a 3x weapon versus the normal version is at least as significant as the extra rank of power strike and weapon master that you could in theory have by leveling past 31. And yes, 14 body armor is a lot. That is the difference between Sarranid Guard Armor and Black Plate.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2011, 07:17:27 pm »
After having a talk with Vicious on teamspeak, he changed my mind. We need to nerf heirlooms, especially body armor. The difference it makes, especially if you manage to get a full heirloomed suit, is just too big.

So yeah, nerf heirlooms!  :wink: