Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 56819 times)

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2014, 07:32:37 pm »
+1
my cav char The_Responsible_Cow, unheirloomed destrier with 8 riding skill, played through that build for 4 full generations including several respecs and i never really died to archers that much :3

Good luck surviving with that thing when someone like Zero_SaT shows up on the server :wink: It takes about four hits to bring that Destrier down. Archers aren't a problem for most aware cavalry, but horse archers are.

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2014, 07:41:50 pm »
+9
Increasing difficulty of heavy horses by 2-3 points... but only respeccing 3 attribute points. Are you guys trying to be assholes? Like, how could anyone think that it's a good idea to give heavy horses 8 difficulty? Is the idea that you want to force people to use light horses by making heavy horses impossible to use? Seriously. Heavy cavalry has always been one of the strongest classes but that's because they use 100k+ worth of gear. Repairing that stuff can cost SEVERAL THOUSAND GOLD PER ROUND. If you want to play easymode heavy cavalry the trade-off is that you'll be hemorrhaging money the entire time. That's what makes it balanced.

And giving a huge buff to throwing? Come on. It was already completely ridiculous. As if chucking a hatchet or a knife or something at someone who's wearing armor, even mail, will hurt them. It's the dumbest thing ever. Throwers are by far the most annoying and unrealistic class in cRPG and you buff them. Fuck that.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2014, 07:49:04 pm »
+1
Shouldn't it have been 7 points because -6 for riding and -1 from PS?

oh snap yeah i had 5 riding and 6 WM, either way it fucked me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2014, 07:53:03 pm »
oh snap yeah i had 5 riding and 6 WM, either way it fucked me.

(click to show/hide)
The girl on the gif only says "Deserve it right now" though, right?

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2014, 07:54:39 pm »
+1
The girl on the gif only says "Deserve it right now" though, right?

who the fuck cares, they wrote subtitles to deliver a different message

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2014, 08:00:00 pm »
+2
In addition, the requirement has increased for heavy cavs so, they will go faster and be more agile than expected.
Hahaha, that's the most fucked up complaint I've ever seen, oh god  :mrgreen:

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2014, 08:02:12 pm »
Well that respec screwed me a bit. Due to the way I levelled I now have 3 skill points to put into riding where my desterier now needs 6... yes I could convert them but then my build would be 18/18 where before it was 21/18?
How does this even work? I lost 2 skill points somewhere

EDIT: That's better thank you :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:06:34 pm by NJ_Legion_Icedtea »

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2014, 08:03:35 pm »
+1
who the fuck cares, they wrote subtitles to deliver a different message

Unrealistic dubbing breaks my immersion!

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2014, 08:05:29 pm »
Good luck surviving with that thing when someone like Zero_SaT shows up on the server :wink: It takes about four hits to bring that Destrier down. Archers aren't a problem for most aware cavalry, but horse archers are.

meh, i tend to try and stay close to team mates if there are HA running around, horse archers don't bother you too much if you've got steevee/mendro/shoko stood next to you :P
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2014, 08:06:11 pm »
Great patch!

Much needed, got me all fired up again to play.

Love what you did with the horses and Throwing Lance(2slot).

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2014, 08:06:35 pm »
+7
Man it seems like a lot of players have been screwed :/// Time to implement Full respecs for 1 loompoint or 300-400k me thinks...
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2014, 08:09:33 pm »
I don't understand the new balance of throwing lance.

I suggest :
less damage (around 44)
increase the difficulty (8)
1 slot

At least hight pt build will have a nice buff and throwers will stop going everytime to the agi way

And why increasing the accuracy of throwing weapons ? We are throwers, not archers. Being inaccurate is a part of our class.

Was going to make jarids 6 difficulty and throwing spears 5, but it would've been too annoying to ask harald for mini-respecs for every little thing. It would be even more annoying to have a 5->7 difficulty jump since throwing spears deserved to be 5 difficulty at those stats anyways.

About the accuracy, for some reason jarids were very accurate compared to everything else while outdamaging them, too. Decided to scale accuracy to jarids (which essentially stayed the same) instead of making jarids less accurate. It makes sense for the weaker weapons to be more accurate, while the stronger weapons remain less accurate.

Throwing lance is a special case, since it can't really 1shot medium armor anymore. Designed around 2-shotting now. For hybrids that would bring another weapon, they would bring 2 or 3 lances and their sidearms. A pure build would bring 4 ammo. Now, a player can bring 1 set with 2 slots to spare for other equipment. Pure builds would bring 2 sets with 2 equipment spaces for 0 slot items. With a 0 slot 1h, they would need to split their proficiency when they already have a decent melee mode. With a 0 slot shield, they need 3 shield for the viable choice. Most utility would come from 0 slot throwing weapons so you don't waste ammo on peasants. There are no 0 slot 2h/polearms, so there's only so much that can be done with those spaces.

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2014, 08:09:52 pm »
+1
meh, i tend to try and stay close to team mates if there are HA running around, horse archers don't bother you too much if you've got steevee/mendro/shoko stood next to you :P

what about courage, comrade?  :cry:

Offline Pandemona

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 38
  • We are all of us what we do
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pandemona
  • IRC nick: Pandemona
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2014, 08:16:00 pm »
+2
Man it seems like a lot of players have been screwed :/// Time to implement Full respecs for 1 loompoint or 300-400k me thinks...

Yes !

And somebody needs to buy my Mamluk Horse :D
Remember remember the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2014, 08:25:04 pm »
+1
I believe that event items can't get loomed. Cav changes I tweaked from another proposal that was somewhat confusing. Obsession with Tydeus is odd, he nerfed the longsword. Ranged deal as much damage as they did to heavy cav before before the armor soak change, and most experienced HP increases.

so the difference between pierce and cut damage doesn't affect different horses? what is the point of the armor then? or is it only for melee damage?

also, I like the nerfing of charge damage, but you make it even harder to bump groups because now you get stopped easier with less charge. is there a way to differentiate between damage down and knockdown potential in the "charge" catagory?