Author Topic: Please can we get old 1h right swing back  (Read 2844 times)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
Re: Please can we get old 1h right swing back
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 01:55:54 am »
ADAPT NUB !  :twisted:

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 02:12:14 am »
I like the new rightswing because it tends to be blocked less often than the old animation. Maybe enemies are not used to it, maybe it looks so strange that they confuse it with another attack direction, or they underestimate the speed, I dunno. But in a way, this feels like a buff to onehanded, without totally breaking balance. And I think this buff was needed, because once you know how to control your block direction, it is much much much much much much much much much easier to get kills with twohanders or polearms, unless you have a really gay onehanded build that only combines OP stuff such as loomed heavy armor, super-easily armor penetrating weapons and high level.

who are you fighting against that i am not?!

perhaps it is a case of how we use the rightswing; before the change, i would use it as a 'surprise attack' of sorts (with a huge amount of success), as in when someone was not expecting it i would attempt to out-range them with a right swing, or when i was fighting multiple opponents i would use a right swing (because of it's long reach) to switch to another target, or as a fast way to hit someone in the back.

the new right swing, whilst it may be slightly better at hitting people to the face than the old one was, is absolutely useless at target switching and playing for range as i described above. it's like we've had our ability to target switch and out-range removed, in order to give us a 3rd attack which is good to spam in melee, which was both completely unnecessary and has had the downside of nerfing our ability to target switch and outrange, as well as actually not being very good to spam in close melee.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 02:23:08 am »
The only thing I like about the new swing is that it hits the head much easier than the old one.  This is really nice against all of the two hand heroes who go without a helmet. Nothing more satisfying than one hitting a guy in full plate because he decided to not wear his helmet.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 05:08:52 am »
+1
The only thing I like about the new swing is that it hits the head much easier than the old one.  This is really nice against all of the two hand heroes who go without a helmet. Nothing more satisfying than one hitting a guy in full plate because he decided to not wear his helmet.

If a person isn't wearing a helmet then they aren't wearing full plate.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 05:22:49 am »
+1
i'd imagine for a lot of the guys on crpg, who use incredibly big swords (nordic champion sword, spathion, arabian cavalry sword etc etc), don't play for the very limit of their reach, and probably try and hit quite comfortably within that reach. seeing as i use a medium length sword however, and i'm very practiced at this, i always try and play for the very edge of the reach of the sword. for the majority of guys who do not try and play for the edge of the reach, and try and hit comfortably within the sword's range, they're not going to notice the difference in range, because they were never using it anyway.
lol

Corsair, from what I've seen the maximum reach of the rightswing is the same as before, so how about adjusting your aim a bit to use it.
Although I'm just another "incredibly big sword" user, so what do I know about reach, I never got to use it to the full extent unlike 95 masterrace...   :lol:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 09:05:33 am »
People using 64 length picks must be gods, by that standard.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 09:17:31 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Play another 3k hours with this right swing, only then can i trust that you have made enough testings.

I felt the swing way better than the old one. Maybe it is slightly shorter (i couldnt notice, i still do crazy range hits with it) but if so then it makes up for that with more speed, and nonglancing close quarters. It kinda feels like a left swing but longer to me.

(click to show/hide)

Its better for target switching since its faster, still long and doesnt get stuck on shit. And not being good to spam is boollsheet, i could spam that shit way more than the old animation. And with good range compared to left swing it can be spammed in more situations.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:22:23 am by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 10:19:27 am »
I don't understand your point Corsair.

Tydeus made the changes , and he clearly explained that the new animation isn't shorter and has the same range than the old one.

I agree it's feel different, but if the own developper says it has the same reach, i think we can trust him.

FrenchKiss

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 11:11:25 am »

Oh I love this ones,

wait for it.....

(click to show/hide)

I like the new one way more. I actually feel comfortable using right swing now, more variation up close and I'm still able to play the reach game. New right swing feels a lot smoother compaired to the clumsy old right swing.

Actually new animation has many advantages which re not in the old one;
-You wont glance on someone while doing left footwork.
-You can spam from right side.
-You can hit an enemy's head if you even don't aim at head.
-It won't stuck in close quarters.

Normally shielder is expected to hit from overhead or left in close quarters, but now you can use stab and right swing too which makes shielder OP in close quarters.

ADAPT NUB !  :twisted:

funny, i thought all these guys were 2h/cav/polearm. you play 1h once in a while on a STF or alt... why are you commenting when you aint playing 1h? lol

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 11:13:19 am »
but you wont get it back. devs and community is biased and lobbying.

:)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 11:13:48 am »
I don't understand your point Corsair.

Tydeus made the changes , and he clearly explained that the new animation isn't shorter and has the same range than the old one.

I agree it's feel different, but if the own developper says it has the same reach, i think we can trust him.

FrenchKiss

you dont need to understand anything. go play your polearm, shu

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 11:40:27 am »
+1
The new swing is definitely a lot shorter

as I've been trying to say, I play at the very furthest extent of my reach, using a mid reach sword. The reason most of these guys haven't noticed the difference is because they don't try and hit at the furthest point of the sword, but instead they take a very long 1h like an NCS, and they hit comfortably within it's reach, or they facespam with a steel pick or niuweidao, neither of which rely on reach control.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 11:44:36 am »
I used arabian guard sword and went for hits i thought i had no chance of reaching, but surprisingly did.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 11:46:37 am »
+3
funny, i thought all these guys were 2h/cav/polearm. you play 1h once in a while on a STF or alt... why are you commenting when you aint playing 1h? lol
Many of us have played this game 3000+ hours, so even if some of us played the majority of our time as a certain class, many of us have still clocked in 500+ hours in a variety of classes, by playing on alts or having switched builds in the past. Now 500+ hours is a lot and easily enough to learn a class, so going with the 'I am always 1h so I know better than anyone else' argument is almost as big a load of bullshit as 'I use 95 reach swords and have vastly superior range control than people that use 102 length swords'.

Make sure your opponent is straight in front of you, angle your screen down a bit and boom, old rightswing reach.

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2014, 11:54:20 am »
The new swing is definitely a lot shorter

as I've been trying to say, I play at the very furthest extent of my reach, using a mid reach sword. The reason most of these guys haven't noticed the difference is because they don't try and hit at the furthest point of the sword, but instead they take a very long 1h like an NCS, and they hit comfortably within it's reach, or they facespam with a steel pick or niuweidao, neither of which rely on reach control.

If you insist in your point, the only thing i can say is :
Adapting is the key to survive.
Look at the old lolstab for 2handers.
Remember the stab with polearm.
Remember the stab with pike/long spear.
They all adapted, even if it's not as good at it was before.

The 1hand right swing changed (and not nerfed)
You have now new advantages, and you are free to use them.

FrenchKiss