Author Topic: 0.3.3.6  (Read 27708 times)

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
Re: 0.3.3.6
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2014, 04:03:31 pm »
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2014, 04:06:45 pm »
But with bannerstacks the odds of winning are so far from balanced that's its better doing anything to get in the winning team rather than pointlessly trying to win.

Do u really care so much about winning? On Eu1 one team with banner stack rolling on several maps in a row can be annyoing, that's true, but on Eu2? You can have as much fun in winning team as in a losing one. And xp, when you're already lvl 31+ a few xp more really makes that much difference?

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2014, 05:18:55 pm »
+6
Sorry to say, but the new 1h right swing sucks.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2014, 12:19:37 am »
Do u really care so much about winning? On Eu1 one team with banner stack rolling on several maps in a row can be annyoing, that's true, but on Eu2? You can have as much fun in winning team as in a losing one. And xp, when you're already lvl 31+ a few xp more really makes that much difference?

I don't do that personally. What I'm mostly interested in here is balancing the a priori win/loss odds. When I see a 20 guy clanstack versus pubs, I know that if I find myself in the pub team (read : always), I'll have the pleasure of fighting against a clone army of loomed plate 2h. At least that's how it is on EU2. Good or bad, they still ignore 10 hits before dying. I know my team will be worse than theirs in skill, looms and levels. Add to that the tendency of eastern european players which make most of Grey and DRZ to phase through people and get random kills that way. Fighting gets tough when not one but all your enemies have undefined coordinates and speed.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2014, 10:39:00 am »
+2
Integrated circuits, like so many other inventions, were an international collaboration. German, British and American.

no.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2014, 12:37:51 pm »
There seems to be an error when updating to the latest version? Anyone else having this issue??

EDIT: nvm it worked after a couple of restarts
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 01:02:15 pm by Berethorn »

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2014, 06:42:12 pm »
+1
YUP, YOU DID IT!

MOD IZ DED

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2014, 05:59:05 pm »
+1
please can we have the old right swing back, i've said it before and i'll say it again, this new right swing is no where near as good as the old right swing

you can't target switch anywhere near as effectively as you used to be able to

if you're going to nerf 1h this hard, please give dodgy animations to every other class as well so their playstyles are equally ruined
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2014, 08:05:22 pm »
Nuh-uh.

Same validity for both our posts.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2014, 08:20:18 pm »
Nuh-uh.

Same validity for both our posts.

what?

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2014, 08:42:23 pm »

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2014, 09:06:02 pm »
i already wrote down stuff there, saying it's utterly nerfed the ability of 1h players to target switch unless they're using a 100+ length weapon, but i didn't get any responses :))

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2014, 09:11:11 pm »
Not sure how head hitting, same reach, faster, and less glancing is worse to you. Just agree to disagree, then.

*dedicated short 1h player*

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2014, 10:48:21 pm »
+3
Not sure how head hitting, same reach, faster, and less glancing is worse to you. Just agree to disagree, then.

*dedicated short 1h player*

this is why then, i've played with effectively the same sword (95 reach 1h) since i started playing warband (pre-ordered, played almost every day since), and can just guarantee that the new 1h animation is

-that the new 1h animation is DEFINITELY significantly shorter, i am absolutely 100% certain of this

-that, if you have high damage (high ps, weapon damage), it doesn't bounce at the start of the animation like it would in the old one, making it appear faster. unfortunately, as i'm a balanced build (18/21 170 WPF nordic war sword), and i therefore don't have incredibly high damage, the beginning of the animation does bounce as much as it did on the old animation, therefore making the attack effectively useless for me

-as for head hitting, i used to find it much easier to head hit with the old animation personally, directing your aim towards someone's head i honestly didn't find hard, and the ability to direct at people's feet was nice as well

the new animation is probably a lot easier for people who never really understood how to use the right swing; newer players, people who use really long and really short 1h, however for those of us who use medium builds with medium 1h, it's absolutely murdered the class.

players i used to kill with absolute ease by target switching right swing or by surprise outranging them with some backpedal and some rightswing, i'm now dieing to frequently, as i have completely lost my ability to outrange and target switch. i understand that if you are just facehugging someone and spamming with a short weapon it doesn't really matter which swing you use and perhaps the new one is nice as it hits earlier in the animation because of your high damage, but as for me, like i said, it has completely broken my playstyle.

please change it back.

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2014, 11:21:40 pm »
+1
Did you see the preview for the altered animation? That's why I gave you those links again. Extract the brf into your resources and see if you like how that animation looks.

All I can say is that we simply have different experiences. I am still able to use right swing easily for weapon lengths from 75 to 88 with 0 adjustment to my playstyle. I was fighting another 1h and moved to an angle that would have glanced in the past, and he dealt ~7 damage, enough to stun. That's a step in the right direction imo. I agreed that Tydeus needed to edit it further to fix the unnatural look, which we will be able to experience the updated animation next patch and give more feedback if needed.

If you used right swing 2012 and earlier, that was pretty bad. Its only use was to punish whiffs (where you have to move into the attack/opponent kept moving forward after missing, not actually outranging in most cases). Any other usage only brought punishment by much faster attacks.