Author Topic: Do you even lift brah?  (Read 5210 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Do you even lift brah?
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2014, 11:55:37 pm »
+2
Muscles wont hurt you, if you have the cardio to keep up with your own mass.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2014, 01:06:22 am »
+2
Because they do lift for the macho image, which in turn comes from the perceived ability to fight, which the majority of bodybuilders buy into themselves. Just ask any bouncers, the only group that has a bigger ego than bodybuilders are the hockey players.

I think they lift (which i do as well) because they want a bigger and more aesthetically pleasing body.

Similar to these ones ancient greece/roman ones.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2014, 01:09:09 am »
+1
^^^

tehe penis
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2231
  • Infamy: 258
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2014, 01:24:37 am »
What I gathered from Berengers posts in this thread is that bodybuilders lift to look like Panos.

Started going to the gym at early age of 15, stopped after few months when my buddy got sick and I was too lazy to go and lift myself. These days doing only cardio.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2014, 03:18:34 am »
+1
I think they lift (which i do as well) because they want a bigger and more aesthetically pleasing body.
That is a non-answer. You stop looking after you get your first answer. That is not the right way, young padawan. Again, why do you want a bigger body? What makes bigger better? Fat people are big too, is that just as good as muscled people? If not, why not? And then go a couple metalevels deeper on your next answer, keep asking "why? Why not?" until you cannot answer. Then you may come forth and bring this dilemma to myself, and I will enlighten you, and it will be Good.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2014, 03:35:47 am »
+4

everyone has different views on things, different goals, different interests, different ways of looking at certain things and how it looks to them.

if they like having a good physique, why should they not get what they like, doesn't matter how they got it.

if others don't like a good physique and think anyone with a good physique are "my old friends and stupid, and are doing something wrong", what reason to be angry at them, its not your life they are changing,
its their own life, do your own thing, and you will find people with the same interests, ignore the ones who hate, you will live a more happy life.

"that guy over there is huge, what is he would you say? 6 foot 7 and over 130kg of musle?, aha bet he can't do this and that and this and that and so on and on and on..."

whatever this random made up person was saying will never change the mans view on things, he spent over 12 years getting some huge body and i would think he likes it, or else why would he continue training and eating 7 meals a day and getting 8 hours sleep every night and letting it take over his life? maybe because he decided "this is what i want to do, im going to keep doing it"

same with any other person, cardio guy, body weight guy, works at a sawmill guy, endurance guy. they like doing it, they will keep doing it. stick to what you like and respect other peoples interests.

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2014, 03:37:58 am »
+2
That is a non-answer. You stop looking after you get your first answer. That is not the right way, young padawan. Again, why do you want a bigger body? What makes bigger better? Fat people are big too, is that just as good as muscled people? If not, why not? And then go a couple metalevels deeper on your next answer, keep asking "why? Why not?" until you cannot answer. Then you may come forth and bring this dilemma to myself, and I will enlighten you, and it will be Good.

You have 0 experience in lifting. 0 experience talking to the people at the gym and your opinion bias level is over 9000. Enlighten me when you act less like a victim. Sure you may be able to better express yourself in written English more than others, but does that make you a better person at the gym who makes fun of someone "less fit"? I was once big (as in fat) and i didn't enjoy it because 1.) It was harder to breathe and various health conditions were starting to take a toll on me. 2.) It's not socially acceptable today ( i know it's dumb best this one all depends if you give a fuck or not) 3). Low energy

The list goes on and on but the point is do whatever makes you feel good and makes you feel confident.

(Excuse my grammar english is my 2nd language :l)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2014, 04:20:34 am »
+1
You have 0 experience in lifting. 0 experience talking to the people at the gym and your opinion bias level is over 9000. Enlighten me when you act less like a victim. Sure you may be able to better express yourself in written English more than others, but does that make you a better person at the gym who makes fun of someone "less fit"? I was once big (as in fat) and i didn't enjoy it because 1.) It was harder to breathe and various health conditions were starting to take a toll on me. 2.) It's not socially acceptable today ( i know it's dumb best this one all depends if you give a fuck or not) 3). Low energy

The list goes on and on but the point is do whatever makes you feel good and makes you feel confident.

(Excuse my grammar english is my 2nd language :l)
You have no knowledge of my experience in lifting or my experience in talking to people at the gym. I could just as easily claim the same about you, therefore. How exactly am I acting like a victim? I don't think you know what that word means, maybe you should Google translate to your first language.

You do not need to bodybuild to lose fat, so your points are moot.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2014, 04:26:05 am »
+1
You have no knowledge of my experience in lifting or my experience in talking to people at the gym. I could just as easily claim the same about you, therefore. How exactly am I acting like a victim? I don't think you know what that word means, maybe you should Google translate to your first language.

You do not need to bodybuild to lose fat, so your points are moot.

You not understanding is on your part and go reread some post before you respond... I said " I'm Currently doing cardio to lose weight" I have gained and lost some through lifting as well.

Why did you ever post here? This is for lifters or people who know about this subject

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2014, 04:28:03 am »
+1
You not understanding is on your part and go reread some post before you respond... I said " I'm Currently doing cardio to lose weight" I have gained and lost some through lifting as well.

Why did you ever post here? This is for lifters or people who know about this subject
Did I ever say cardio is bad? No? Then why the fuck are you bringing it up? I was, of course, wrong to assume that you would possess some basic logic skills, so I thought your tragic weight loss story was about bodybuilding (seeing as that is the thing I've spoken about the whole time).
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2014, 04:30:52 am »
+2
not one person has said anything about diet, sleep, genetics and metabolism.

get your calories
your rest
your water
your complex carbs
your simple sugars
your protein
and your natural fats.
vitamins, minerals and all kindsa seasonings, OR YOUR MAKING NO GAINS!

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2014, 04:47:05 am »
Did I ever say cardio is bad? No? Then why the fuck are you bringing it up? I was, of course, wrong to assume that you would possess some basic logic skills, so I thought your tragic weight loss story was about bodybuilding (seeing as that is the thing I've spoken about the whole time).

Now your anger is affecting your logic. Plz give this thread a day or 2 to reread it and to settle down.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2014, 05:08:59 am »
+1
Now your anger is affecting your logic. Plz give this thread a day or 2 to reread it and to settle down.
No, your mother is affecting the orbit of the sun -- she's that large. Evidence enough that being big isn't always a plus, hey?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2014, 08:54:26 am »
+2
So do tell us then Xant, do you even lift?

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2014, 01:28:11 pm »
+1
protox2k, you might want to consider enjoying xants posts from afar.  the thing you dont want to do,  is conversing with him.  its a bit like bashing oneself into the groin over and over again.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!