Author Topic: Do you even lift brah?  (Read 5187 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Do you even lift brah?
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 03:29:39 pm »
+4
when was anyone on here talking about fighting, lol. Fighting is a natural thing, maybe an instinct that every human has?
i don't really see fighting for no reason a trend anymore, more like a sentence in jail, but i don't even need to fight anyway,
if anyone wants to start with me while im out clubbing, il avoid jail and make 1 single phone call and i can get about 100 heads down to my location
half of them that have already been to jail and wouldn't mind going back lol, i don't need to do shit, knowing violent cunts can be handy at times.
its not that i don't like violent friends its just that i don't like their view on life, fighting? really, what bollocks.
That's impressive. The best I can get with one call is a pizza.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 04:25:43 pm »
+2
Well Saxon does have a degree in Thugonomics
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 04:45:17 pm »
+4
That's impressive. The best I can get with one call is a pizza.

Trust me we knew that.
(click to show/hide)

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2014, 04:46:41 pm »
+1
Well Saxon does have a degree in Thugonomics
nah its just living in an area surrounded by muppetmen, and jobless idiots, who's only entertainment is when they can get in a good street fight with a stranger they have never met before,
knowing a few criminals is alright anyway, whatever you want you can get without a jail sentence because these idiots do it for me. "innit"

"Yes lad, your a PT arn't you?, thats sick that mate, id buzz off that me, bet you're pullin birds everyday innit"

ive had this said to me a few times. Chavs are very simple to understand anyway.

No, we really don't need someone to propagate caving into peer-pressure, taking shortcuts to attain goals, fake tans, and narcissism. Rising to meet a challenge is one thing, but circumventing that challenge in order to obtain a goal that was ultimately set by a group within your peers is not inspiring.

Strength and athletic training is great, for sure, but not the body-building style, bench-press and curl all the time while looking at yourself in the mirror training.
thee amount of roid heads that go gym in this day and age is stupidly high though, even some of the lab produced powder has steroid extracts inside them plus bull testosterone and horse testosterone.
its all made in labs anyway so is that really natural?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2014, 05:59:52 pm »
+1
Strength and athletic training is great, for sure, but not the body-building style, bench-press and curl all the time while looking at yourself in the mirror training.

They want physiques like Hercules and great Roman warriors, Greek warriors/gods physiques of the ancient times.

Being bulky but able to lift a shitton of weight is a waste of gym time imo.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2014, 06:05:43 pm »
+2
I do mate, wooden planks all 12 hours long on sawmill. Better than gym I tell ya, and they actually pay you for it.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2014, 06:32:03 pm »
+1
Being bulky but able to lift a shitton of weight is a waste of gym time imo.

Why "but" since most of the time you need bodyweight to lift weight? Not saying there isnt many bodyweight x lift ratio but being stronger often comes with growing larger and the 2 feed each other.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2014, 07:15:33 pm »
+2
I do mate, wooden planks all 12 hours long on sawmill. Better than gym I tell ya, and they actually pay you for it.
got to be done.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:28:39 pm by Saxon. »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 08:52:03 pm »
+2

And ruin your back ?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 09:18:30 pm »
+1
Why "but" since most of the time you need bodyweight to lift weight? Not saying there isnt many bodyweight x lift ratio but being stronger often comes with growing larger and the 2 feed each other.

Talking of these woodcutter guys looking like bears with good strength but crappy physique overall.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 10:11:32 pm »
+2
"The woodcutter guys" however have real strength. The human body doesn't work like bodybuilders think it does, in individual muscle groups. People who get their muscles with hard physical work use their whole bodies in a natural way; for bodybuilders their muscles tend to work as they are used to, in individual muscle groups. When you're running, it's not just your legs doing the work and rest of the body supporting.  The only real use for bodybuilding is for healing injuries.

Not to mention the fact that bodybuilders tend to run out of breath and strength after just about a minute of extortion, which along with all the other things makes bodybuilders a running joke in bouncer/MMA/boxing/kickboxing/BJJ/etc circles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZSv4HlyfIo
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2014, 10:54:13 pm »
+1
And ruin your back ?

Actually, It kinda fixes your back, since I started there, I had much less problems with it. It probably has to do with the fact that body quickly gets used to the stress, thus lessening the pain. Feet are different story though, since my feet are flat as frying pan.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2014, 10:55:04 pm »
+2
That's BS. There are bodybuilders doing cardio. It's just that many believe it fucks up your progress so they stay clear from it. But in any case they're bodybuilding for looks. Not for sports. (Atleast bodybuilding in general)

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2014, 11:06:46 pm »
That's BS. There are bodybuilders doing cardio. It's just that many believe it fucks up your progress so they stay clear from it. But in any case they're bodybuilding for looks. Not for sports. (Atleast bodybuilding in general)

Many believe that you will lose muscle by doing cardio which is true to a degree. The body will burn its fat before it will start eating at your muscle. So staying clear of cardio is a precaution bodybuilders take because they are misinformed or fear of losing muscle. I agree with you your statement but when did this WHOLE THREAD BECOME JUST ABOUT BODY BUILDERS?!

Not to mention the fact that bodybuilders tend to run out of breath and strength after just about a minute of extortion, which along with all the other things makes bodybuilders a running joke in bouncer/MMA/boxing/kickboxing/BJJ/etc circles.

lol you're still going on that bodybuilders lift to fight.
You sure have a one sided mentality haha

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2014, 11:09:01 pm »
Because they do lift for the macho image, which in turn comes from the perceived ability to fight, which the majority of bodybuilders buy into themselves. Just ask any bouncers, the only group that has a bigger ego than bodybuilders are the hockey players.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.