Author Topic: The inflation on the market + ideas of prices  (Read 4301 times)

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Timotheus_Brune
The inflation on the market + ideas of prices
« on: May 16, 2011, 09:15:41 pm »
What the hell make you think that a mw bec cost 400k+ gold?

Give it some time and you have it at the cost of vanilla bec (heirlooming)! Of course its all matter of your patience

I personally don't think (10k) mw items so worthy of such EXORBITANT PRICES

An 10k vanilla thing should cost from 75k-100k when masterworked,  it's reasonable I think. What do you think?

I got an idea to judge the prices of the masterworked items

Firstly we take the value of the buying price of the vanilla item and add the coveted value also the heirlooming time, so when its mw the price will range somewhere at these price

For an example:
+- 5k-vanilla + the coveted value = mw +- 50k   (i.e. Mallet)

+- 10k-vanilla + the coveted value = mw +- 75 to 100k (i.e. Long Espada Eslavona)

+- 15k-vanilla + the coveted value = mw +- 100 to 150k (i.e. Heavy crossbow)

+- 20k-vanilla + the coveted value = mw +- 150 to 200k (i.e. Transistional armor)

+- 30k-vanilla + the coveted value = mw +- 200+k (i.e. Black armor, Warhorse etc)

That surely should add competition between sellers and in that way lower the prices for the poor ones with no noble background.
It also improves the reality of a medivalish world of which crpg in fact are.

What do you think? Is it good to have starting points to judge the price of an item for both sellers and buyers as well?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:17:37 pm by Timotheusthereal »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The inflation on the market + ideas of prices
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:18:38 pm »
Supply and demand. Do these words mean anything to you?

QQing about not being able to buy masterwork weapons for 100k isn't going to help much when there are plenty of people out there with more gold than they can ever spend.
Don't.

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 09:19:54 pm »
Supply and demand. Do these words mean anything to you?

Thats why I wrote the covet value, the more the demand of one item are the more the worth raise. Please read over again

Also why would I QQing about not being able to buy mw ones? I dont think by my generation numbers that i need to qqing for mw ones...
I think this is interesting about having start points of giving an item its price
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:21:43 pm by Timotheusthereal »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 09:20:41 pm »
I had an offer of 1mil on my masterwork 1h sword, and I turned it down. This entire thread is pointless. :P
Don't.

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 09:23:12 pm »
I had an offer of 1mil on my masterwork 1h sword, and I turned it down. This entire thread is pointless. :P

Its your opnion, maybe your jealous because of that you wasted 1 mil gold on mw item when my thread can complety change the market (haha).
Also coming with such childish comments isnt needed here

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 09:23:20 pm »
A quotation from a Roman guy that created a nice looking phrase for every goddamn evidence...

Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.
        Publilius Syrus
        (~100 BC)

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/34596.html

Since we don't really know the "value" of gold, nobody knows what is the "value" (if such thing exists) of heirlooms. And that's exactly why this is economy in one of it's purest forms. We don't even have an average amount of gold per time unit. We have heirlooms/time though, but that's about it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:26:11 pm by Kafein »

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 09:24:53 pm »

Since we don't really know the "value" of gold, nobody knows what is the "value" (if such thing exists) of heirlooms.

Maybe thats why we need to start to work out the value of high wanted mw items and low wanted mw items?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 09:25:36 pm »
Heirlooms are the c-rpg equivalent of the Diamond market IRL.

They (the heirlooms) are common, but handed out in trade rather slow and sold for high prices simply because the buyers will pay the money for it.
Kind of like how Chicken is more expensive pound for pound then Turkey where I live, only because it is more "popular" and thus has an artificially inflated price.

Also, one can argue that the base cost of an item does not matter, as to an archer a triple heirloomed piece of light armor will be worth more to him then a triple black armor (for what use has he for the black armor?). Likewise a tripple loomed strongbow is worth more to a dedicated strongbow user then a triple longbow, and yet worthless to someone like GoretoothX who does not use bows nor has PD.

Also, a thousand gold is more precious to a heavy horseman character then to a ninja, so that too will effect the prices of certain items.

I do agree that prices are a little high at this time, but we shall see how those prices fluctuate.

I am content with hording my gold, even though I am a multi-gen archer, because I honestly am not suffering from any disadvantage from not participating in buying any 'loomed items, though I have sold a few things (100% of the things I wanted to sell actually) so I am more then content with how the market works right now.

EDIT: For clarity, consider that there is no way to enforce a "fair market" and things such as Kesh becoming an arms dealer is natural (gold and looms abundant considering Gen 91). The prices will slowly over the course of time naturally settle to reasonable amounts, as low-sought items will lower in price and common items will raise in price.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:28:34 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 09:28:44 pm »

Who offered that? I've got a MW 1h here...  :twisted: :P

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 09:29:56 pm »
You'll all bite your asses when the next patch with heirloom respec comes and you get exactly as many items as you have gens.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 09:30:11 pm »
Maybe thats why we need to start to work out the value of high wanted mw items and low wanted mw items?

If we had any mean of knowing in what direction we "have" to go with prices, I can virtually guarantee you they would already have changed.

BTW, all this reflection about prices has another large flaw : we can't make offers in gold to get heirloomed items. So you don't see how many gold the buyers want to pay. Only the sellers have "their word to say publicly" atm, so the prices shown are over the prices that are really involved in actual deals.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 09:31:08 pm »
I am not at all surprised to learn that the OP hails from a Scandinavian state.

Maybe we should take 60% of the heirlooms from the most active players and redistribute them to the least active players?

On a serious note, it would be easier for the market to set the value of heirlooms if there was an auction-style system for people trying to trade heirlooms for cash. But the fact is, the people with lots of heirlooms, typically already have more gold than they need. The Gen 4 guy might get excited about the possibility of trading +3 dmg on a weapon for enough cash to roll on a Plated Charger for the next 2 Gens, though.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:36:02 pm by Phew »

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 09:31:46 pm »

Also, a thousand gold is more precious to a heavy horseman character then to a ninja, so that too will effect the prices of certain items.

I do agree that prices are a little high at this time, but we shall see how those prices fluctuate.

I am content with hording my gold, even though I am a multi-gen archer, because I honestly am not suffering from any disadvantage from not participating in buying any 'loomed items, though I have sold a few things (100% of the things I wanted to sell actually) so I am more then content with how the market works right now.

1. Still theres a lot of ninjas and heavy horsemen characters who want to buy their respective item, so rate the prices aint bad

2. What happen if you reroll and suddently dont have the possibility of getting an uber geared polearm guy with strawhat because the price on mw strawhat is on 10 million gold?

Also, I want to thank you for coming with good arguments/input than the silly other ones

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 09:47:37 pm »

On a serious note, it would be easier for the market to set the value of heirlooms if there was an auction-style system for people trying to trade heirlooms for cash. But the fact is, the people with lots of heirlooms, typically already have more gold than they need. The Gen 4 guy might get excited about the possibility of trading +3 dmg on a weapon for enough cash to roll on a Plated Charger for the next 2 Gens, though.

Isn't trading/selling items all about excitement, for now crpg doesn't have a working price based auction but the other mmorpg games. Surely in other mmorgps when you put an item on auction you need to put the price lower than the competitor if you want your item to be sold quickly (of course at the reasonable value).

Surely its not so exciting for a gen 4 guy to farm 500k gold and buy a mw item when he can, as you said "-roll on a plated charger for next 2 gens"

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 09:53:27 pm »
The inflation and variable prices is part of the fun of trading in my opinion. Hunting the market for deals, barganing, buying out all items of 1 kind and sitting on them for a while to increase demand and so on is the exciting part. If all items are sold for standard prices, where is the fun in that?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:58:59 pm by Punisher »