Author Topic: The inflation on the market + ideas of prices  (Read 4299 times)

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Timotheus_Brune
Re: The inflation on the market + ideas of prices
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 09:56:53 pm »
The inflation and variable prices is part of the fun of trading in my opinion. If all items are sold for standard prices, where is the fun in that?

Maybe of boasting like that

"-Guys, I sold my MW straw hat for 80k when that guy xxxxxx sold hims for 68k. Who's teh pro salesman?" on voip?

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 10:12:22 pm »
Maybe thats why we need to start to work out the value of high wanted mw items and low wanted mw items?

There's nothing to work out, because it's 100% subjective. Personally, I'd never sell an heirloom that I chose myself and want to use, because the only possible use for the gold would be to speculate on the heirloom market. To me, the gold has no value. I have more than enough to support my play style.

There's simply no way to "work out value" or "set general prices" here. People with absurd amounts of gold from absurd amounts of grinding will continue to buy heirlooms at absurd prices regardless of what you have to say on the subject. :P
Don't.

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 10:22:23 pm »
When Auction have passed the beta stage do you guys want uber huge inflation @ la germany 1920 only because of FEW guys with abnormal masses of gold that actually rule the market!

The uber rich ones are few, and what I have seen mostly people with a overdose of gold have replied here (labeled in their opinion), what do you average guy with +-200k stash think about this?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:25:12 pm by Timotheusthereal »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 10:24:55 pm »
There's a point in stacking gold, I think. Afterall, you can play all the time in black plate if you have enough (I don't think anyone has that amount yet) gold and a stable gold revenue from speculating. With the artificial ups and downs in the values of objects created by patches, there's a big open door for speculation. A very basic strategy could be buying cheap heirloomed throwing weapons now and wait for them to be buffed to sell them when the buff happens and the prices are high. I think there will be no inflation on the long term, because upkeep is already a very good unlimited money sink, so keeping large amounts of gold unused probably isn't a problem.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 10:25:09 pm »
Supply and demand. Do these words mean anything to you?

QQing about not being able to buy masterwork weapons for 100k isn't going to help much when there are plenty of people out there with more gold than they can ever spend.

Gold star for this man. Prices are set by the community, through what they want and the availability of said items, real world economics apply here too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 10:26:26 pm »
Gold star for this man. Prices are set by the community, through what they want and the availability of said items, real world economics apply here too.

Exactly, and the society should control the market? Not a few guys with 10+million cash

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 10:28:29 pm »
Who pay 1mi for a heirloom?
Who get all this money? Take a ot of time to get it.
Maybe I spend too much money, I'm always poor.
I think is faster to get lvl 31 instead and heirloom your item yourself.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:29:32 pm by justjr »

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 10:30:31 pm »
There will be few people with too much gold. The few that have will spent it this week. Next week people wont sell their overpriced heirlooms. Following week it gets cheaper

Communists everywhere!

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 10:32:16 pm »
Exactly, and the society should control the market? Not a few guys with 10+million cash
There are rich people, who you could say are the companies, the ones who trade, then there are the rest of the community, those people are the customers. As a customer you can set up a business with the assets that you have, it's not hard, I've made myself a tidy profit since I started trading and so have many members of the Caravan Guild.

Supply and demand, people want something, the price will rise, there is a lack of something, the price will rise and vice versa, I think it's called "customer sovreinty" where "The customer is king" but doesn't always apply.

You trade for what you think is going to sell well for the smallest price possible, naturally to sell it on for more, you use those profits to get yourself something else, there are bargains there, there are things that you can get and you might even wish to sell what you have in order to get more!

No matter what happens, people are on different levels, i've been playing for nearly a year now and there are other people who have played more than me. Your best bet if you want some form of stability is to have a governing body of independant people who do not trade on the markets who can say "you sold that for too much!" or "you're undercutting so-in-so by too much and thus you're creating a monopoly!".
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:33:57 pm by Tennenoth »

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 10:32:24 pm »
There will be few people with too much gold. The few that have will spent it this week. Next week people wont sell their overpriced heirlooms. Following week it gets cheaper

Communists everywhere!

Exciting to see which way the market take next 1-2 week

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 10:34:56 pm »

I give you tickets to a country you would like :

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/North_Korea/TravelGuide-North_Korea.html

The google map is hilarous BTW

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 10:37:09 pm »
When Auction have passed the beta stage do you guys want uber huge inflation @ la germany 1920 only because of FEW guys with abnormal masses of gold that actually rule the market!

The uber rich ones are few, and what I have seen mostly people with a overdose of gold have replied here (labeled in their opinion), what do you average guy with +-200k stash think about this?

I am the average guy, I only have 140k as of right now. Doesn't change anything about what I've been saying, I don't expect to ever be rich enough to buy an heirloom.
Don't.

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 10:38:30 pm »
I give you tickets to a country you would like :

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/North_Korea/TravelGuide-North_Korea.html

The google map is hilarous BTW

I'm disappointed by your childish act, in fact every people controls the prices on our capitalist system. Im for capitalism, but not for such extreme things like that every mw must be at cost as 400k gold.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 10:43:58 pm »
I'm disappointed by your childish act, in fact every people controls the prices on our capitalist system. Im for capitalism, but not for such extreme things like that every mw must be at cost as 400k gold.

if people want to pay 400k, why shouldnt it cost that?

i have decided not to retire anymore, meaning that unles i buy it, i wont be able to get the items i need - therefore i will gladly pay 500k for ie. lordly mail mittens.

i have also sold alot of items for 500k+ and i've been offered up to 700k for ertain items... if people wnat to pay that much, why shouldnt they?

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 10:45:51 pm »

Is it really extreme or not ? I don't think so. Even if it is, well no problem, no one will buy heirlooms at 400k if they don't want to pay 400k for an heirloom. Trying to speed things up won't work.