Author Topic: The inflation on the market + ideas of prices  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Timotheus_Brune
Re: The inflation on the market + ideas of prices
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2011, 10:49:05 pm »
if people want to pay 400k, why shouldnt it cost that?

i have decided not to retire anymore, meaning that unles i buy it, i wont be able to get the items i need - therefore i will gladly pay 500k for ie. lordly mail mittens.

i have also sold alot of items for 500k+ and i've been offered up to 700k for ertain items... if people wnat to pay that much, why shouldnt they?

For now, when the super rich ones got their items and are satisfied. Still few will try to sell their mw items at the same price rate but there's suddenly only the poorer ones that long for mw items.

The prices will go down, sooner or later we will come to a balanced price system there we can use as starting points to judge the worth of an item based on covet/the purse of the buyers

But why not make starting points now? in that way the rich one can win on selling by trying make some items fixed at high prices

now you got it (perhaps)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:53:43 pm by Timotheusthereal »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2011, 10:53:39 pm »

EDIT: For clarity, consider that there is no way to enforce a "fair market" and things such as Kesh becoming an arms dealer is natural (gold and looms abundant considering Gen 91). The prices will slowly over the course of time naturally settle to reasonable amounts, as low-sought items will lower in price and common items will raise in price.

I actually never traded any of my own heirlooms except the langes messer (also im gen 31 now), it was all gold purchases and resales and trades and basically taking heirlooms they couldnt offload and giving them the heirloom they were looking for and eventually finding someone who wanted that particualr heirloom.  I actually am about to finish my last trade and then call it quits.  Takes too much time for too little benefit (msot heirlooms make very little difference in stats now, +1 speed/+3 damage).  Most of this trading was for getting items I could exchange for with my  clanmates who had items I wanted while they wanted heirlooms they never had before. 

I actually think things will start slowing down as more and more people get the exact heirlooms they want (with minor trading between clanmates of temorary exchanges as they retire and try new builds) and there is less point to looking as fewer and fewer people offering heirlooms for trade.  WHy I think we should have a central chadz bank where you can buy x1 heirloom of any item for 350K, 700K for x2, 1million for x3 and you can sell the same for 50-70% of that purchase price.  Create  anice ceiling on prices and would actually get the desired outcome of the upkeep system, people would use lower end equipment to save up money for heirlooms.  Many would spend 2 retirements worth accumulating gold for x1 heirloom point and so be able to masterwork in 2 gens time instead of 3.  (I'm not planning on retirement myself, this seems fair system for lower gen players being able to get heirlooms).
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 10:55:42 pm »
For now, when the super rich ones got their items and are satisfied. Still few will try to sell their mw items at the same price rate but there's suddenly only the poorer ones that long for mw items.

The prices will go down, sooner or later we will come to a balanced price system there we can use as starting points to judge the worth of an item based on covet/the purse of the buyers

But why not make starting points now? in that way the rich one can win on selling by trying make some items fixed at high prices

The prices are what they are, sorry. If agreed with your analysis then prices wouldn't be what they are now. You simply cant force prices anyway.

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011, 11:02:33 pm »
The prices are what they are, sorry. If agreed with your analysis then prices wouldn't be what they are now. You simply cant force prices anyway.

No I cant simple force prices

Off-topish - But think, there may be items that are longed as Lamborghini Gallardo in future, and there are items wanted as a bottle of coca-cola!
That system may prove useful, forcing new players to throw away their life in order to become rich to buy a gallardo.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:03:43 pm by Timotheusthereal »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2011, 11:12:32 pm »
(I'm not planning on retirement myself, this seems fair system for lower gen players being able to get heirlooms).

Lower as in lower Gen then yourself, I agree.

Lower as in the typical non ninja/archer (who already will own everything he or she wants at that point) who is less then gen 15? No so sure about that, most people can not save up that much money in this game with the average build if we examine the average player to afford to blow 700K on a masterwork of his or her choice.

Either way though, prices will fluctuate and I don't think we need a chadz controlled bank.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Ramsay

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ramsay
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2011, 11:18:50 pm »
Dear Timotheusthereal I will explain it by the old medieval song, sung  by the old bard- 50 Gold:

"Peasant you's a window shopper
 Mad at me, I think I know why
 Peasant you's a window shopper
 In the jewelery store, looking at shit you can't buy
 In the dealership, trying to get a test drive
 Mad as fuck when you see me ride by"

Deal with it
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:21:00 pm by Ramsay »

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2011, 11:26:48 pm »
The value of gold will go up with time eventually, once people realise how hard it is to restock their money.
But still, majority of people asking 1m gold for a masterwork item is a ripoff.

1 million gold is what you earn in 185 hours of playing leeching (naked, no repairs, having average x2 most of the time)
Since the above, within sanity is impossible, you will take around 370 hours to farm 1 million gold while playing (repairs, having average x2 most of the time)

Summing up, a person that actually plays the game will be able to retire 5 times (5 times from lvl 1 to 31) before getting 1 million gold.

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2011, 11:36:00 pm »
Dear Timotheusthereal I will explain it by the old medieval song, sung  by the old bard- 50 Gold:

"Peasant you's a window shopper
 Mad at me, I think I know why
 In the jewelery store, looking at shit you can't buy
 In the dealership, trying to get a test drive
 Mad as fuck when you see me ride by"

Deal with it

Silly, what if I am millionaire?

tss

Offline Ramsay

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ramsay
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2011, 11:48:17 pm »
Mentally compromised 15yo millionaires from Sweden? There aren't that many.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 12:18:55 am »
The amount of money is probably increasing. Even more now that you can spend money on heirlooms.. So my bet is that prices will rise, not go down.. Also the amount of transactions will go steadily down and then stable, since there are a surplus of previously untradable heirlooms out now.

So.. inflation + less supply = Higher prices..

+ The factor that some smart people already knows this, and invest buying heirlooms like crazy. Speculation might influence the market atm..

Of course some people try to talk down the market like OP so they can buy stuff for investment.

- Regards from a buyer of 1x or more heirloomed snowflakes/shurikens.. Paying well! Contact me if you have some..
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:24:51 am by Thomek »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 12:24:44 am »
1 million gold is what you earn in 185 hours of playing leeching (naked, no repairs, having average x2 most of the time)
Since the above, within sanity is impossible, you will take around 370 hours to farm 1 million gold while playing (repairs, having average x2 most of the time)

Summing up, a person that actually plays the game will be able to retire 5 times (5 times from lvl 1 to 31) before getting 1 million gold.

That's all well and good, but would you kindly explain to me the great advantage of having 1 million gold in the first place, unless you play heavy cavalry or full plate infantry?

Also, my analysis on the future of the market is largely the same as Thomek's.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:29:08 am by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 12:54:12 am »
That's all well and good, but would you kindly explain to me the great advantage of having 1 million gold in the first place, unless you play heavy cavalry or full plate infantry?
Indeed it is so much gold that you could ride around in your most expensive gear for a long long time.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2011, 12:57:47 am »
And if the only gear you really want to use all the time is cheap enough to generate a steady profit, as is the case for many, many players? :P
Don't.

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2011, 04:03:53 pm »

And by the way on a slightly different matter, if people stick to trading heirloom for heirloom and we fail to establish gold as currency - we will end up with a market in which it takes a load of time to even find a person interested. Like what we had a couple of thousands years ago perhaps?

cRPG market - 3000 years ago...

'Ooh me has fish, I wants triple heirloom cheese'
'Uh me got cheese but me want stones!'
'I wants fish, I has tools'

Didn't change much since then
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 04:08:45 pm by Zergmar »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2011, 07:08:04 pm »

And by the way on a slightly different matter, if people stick to trading heirloom for heirloom and we fail to establish gold as currency - we will end up with a market in which it takes a load of time to even find a person interested. Like what we had a couple of thousands years ago perhaps?

cRPG market - 3000 years ago...

'Ooh me has fish, I wants triple heirloom cheese'
'Uh me got cheese but me want stones!'
'I wants fish, I has tools'

Didn't change much since then

Well that's the point of gold, but I think you know it  :D