Author Topic: About Horse Archers  (Read 6012 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: About Horse Archers
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2014, 08:55:21 pm »
+1
The issue I have is how damn shallow it is and on top of that how you can deal damage with zero risk vs reward. That and how entitled people seem to be, to think that simply by playing a class it should get decent damage and kills regardless of what playing the class entails

Going back to this - just because a class exists it doesn't mean it should be "balanced" in terms of effectiveness. It depends what is entailed, how fun the game is made by making it decent by itself etc

Only HA/HX want effective HA/HX. As a melee player I want strong cav, all melee to be decent and ranged to be useful (but not with shallow fps mechanics like now)

Also it makes me laugh how HA/HX seem to think that being effective means being able to play solo and everyone else has to use teamwork/tactics when these are the guys that have the least risk in the game
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2014, 09:28:47 pm »
+1
I suggest you to make an alt char as HA and play with it for a while. You will understand that it's not that easy. I'm pretty sure you will be hunted down by other HA, or some thrower or an archer while you are heading for an "easy-one-click-kill"

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2014, 09:32:01 pm »
As I should be. If I play lone runner melee I expect to get shat on, why shouldn't HA? They never ever play as a team and yet they click on guys for kills in safety

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2014, 09:37:07 pm »
+1
May I take this opportunity to give an ad for GK?  :D

(click to show/hide)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2014, 09:44:18 pm »
I'm just confused about your point. You feel weak compared to heavily armoured opponents and horses, or against everything? I doubt my 5PS level 36 character can do much against a plated charger with my cut only weapon, too. Doing little damage against it with a build not meant for high damage is expected and it'd be odd to change that (+ you have options for hitting the rider/headshot). I do think that the headshot hurtbox on the horses are quite odd, though. You think you hit the head but you don't see any increased damage compared to a body shot sometimes.

There was a period on EU where it was left with ranged armour penetration values that made HA/low damage ranged extremely weak against armour for longer than it should have been, but another change put the numbers back to how they were before. I think complaints during that time was valid, but currently, the only recent nerfs to HA are the speed bonus and the ranged stagger tweaks.

I feel weaker overall, I was useless against heavily armored tagets before too, but atleast I could deal some damage unlike now. I base that on points earned.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2014, 10:05:25 pm »
How about trying out the Horn bow and bodkins?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2014, 10:07:25 pm »
Just out of interest, if there is 1 HA on a team, 50 melee, 40 ranged and 20 cav how should the points be spread out in your opinion? Should 1 HA be able to be mid, top, what? Is it fair that 1 player has such an impact on everyone else's enjoyment of the game?

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2014, 10:10:10 pm »
+2
I always engage cav first and you don't even see my impact on the battle till late round if I survive, so you don't even see or know what impact I have on my team, for all you know I used to take down cav so you wouldn't be backsatabbed thus enhancing your "enjoyment".

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2014, 10:15:05 pm »
I'd rather you didn't do jack shit to cav if it means playing the way you do. I'll kill them myself with my melee team mates or at least die to someone who actually has to get involved in the combat

I just don't get how you can think its OK to ride around clicking on guys to deal damage, without there being a direct immediate counter. How can you have fun doing that? Such a cowardly and unsporting way to play. If you try to click on guys with any other class you at least have to think they might counter you with a manual block (well except as xbow/archer). Against a HA/HX even shields are a joke since they can just get behind and attack from blind spots where the shields don't even do anything

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2014, 10:21:47 pm »

I just don't get how you can think its OK to ride around clicking on guys to deal damage

HA is ACTUALLY pretty hard.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2014, 10:25:25 pm »

The issue is HA/HX want to balance the game based on them soloing, while the thought of melee soloing is met with "get a shield, adapt teamwork tactics etc". Its assumed that melee players will play as a group together to take down threats while ranged/ha don't

I have no interest in shooting guys that don't shoot back anyway. I will play a single player game for that. If I want to play a regular FPS games there are way better games to get good at

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2014, 10:27:27 pm »
You wouldn't even have a game to play if it wasn't for the melee side of it. Noone would give two shits about M&B without these melee mechanics. The ranged is oldschool no skill stuff we've seen in so many games before.

Saying that though I have never said I want to play melee only. I want cav, ranged and melee BUT the implementation of the ranged mechanics is so far behind melee its like having two games in one. If clicking on guys from a distance had half the depth of melee I wouldn't have a problem.

The issue I have is how damn shallow it is and on top of that how you can deal damage with zero risk vs reward. That and how entitled people seem to be, to think that simply by playing a class it should get decent damage and kills regardless of what playing the class entails

its been a while since but arent you the guy with an xbow grumbs buddy? :)

yeah the same way world of tanks and mechwarrior is hard

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2014, 10:28:26 pm »
Alright then. Play less. The mass of cRPG hates horse archers with a burning passion, so indeed it would be better for us.

Has to be only you then. I get damaged by HA regularly. My +3 Plated Charger is quite durable against HA, but not immune.

I can relate, my prestigious +3 champion panzercharger shouldn't be cut down by some smug little HA bastard's arrows

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2014, 05:17:48 am »
I feel weaker overall, I was useless against heavily armored tagets before too, but atleast I could deal some damage unlike now. I base that on points earned.

Points from horses got cut by half since the recent patch. Is it the same for human targets?

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2014, 07:50:56 am »
Horse archers invaded eu1 before xmas and the result of that was 20 ppl on primetime.