Author Topic: About Horse Archers  (Read 5998 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
About Horse Archers
« on: February 23, 2014, 02:41:28 pm »
With the recent patches I found my HA to be completely useless. Heaven't played much last couple of weeks, even deleted the game but I managed to play more this weekend.

What I noticed is even with top tier gear for HA (Yumi, Bodkins) and a completely dedicated build (no athletics, no powerstrike, all wpf in archery) I deal no damage to example Plated Charger (tracking the points) sometimes I deal 1 point of dmg, using Barbed or Tatars makes no sense any more. Getting valor is impossible because of the low dmg so that was also taken away from a class that barely survives financially.

Now I understand the hatred towards the class and am aware of the massive unpopularity of it, I was the one who hated it too but have grown to like it. It is quite sad that a lvl34 char with high tier equipement can't help his team and is forced to retire. I made sacrifices reagarding the build (fully dedicated), I grinded my melee alt just to sell loom point so I can afford the upkeep (lost over 800k so far since September) and now I can't do shit for my team and contribute. (I accept that my data is not 100% correct but not that far off either)

Maybe changes like this are the reason people are fleeing, I will not rage quit or make "I'm butthurt and quitting so everybody must know it" thread on the forums but I'm sure as hell gonna play less.

Please in the future when balancing the game these things in consideration, I'm sure HT will be hit next, HX already dead. Would be fair to the players if you just removed mounted ranged classes instead of nerfing them till nobody plays them. I would have no problem with that

Love, Prpavi
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:00:09 pm by Kalam »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
Re: About Horse Archers
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 02:47:12 pm »
+4
Getting valor is impossible because of the low dmg so that was also taken away from a class that barely survives financially.

I disagree, getting valour is a lot easier than doing it as a foot archer.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 02:49:19 pm »
+1
Please buff polearms, I find it sad that I cant 1hit everyone.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 02:57:31 pm »
+2
Has to be only you then. I get damaged by HA regularly. My +3 Plated Charger is quite durable against HA, but not immune.

Offline oreshy

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Braxli
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 03:08:01 pm »
+3
...try dedicated ht with 5 pt & jarids then , only 2 headthrows & 5-6 bodyhits out from 12 jarids needed on a full str plate (for example fins plated ha-alt) , but i still don't feeling useless.

..but i agree, the speed damage nerf sucks.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 03:18:03 pm »
+8
When will you dumb inbreed attention whores, stop posting your buff me threads in general section??

FFs, HA´s was OP as fuck, you had it comming.....

/End thread
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 03:19:39 pm »
When will you dumb inbreed attention whores, stop posting your buff me threads in general section??

FFs, HA´s where OP as fuck, you had it comming.....

/End thread
"were"
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 03:24:35 pm »
+1

FFs, HA´s was OP

No doubt, I even suggested some, but you seem to miss the point of the thread, I forgive you tho :*
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 03:29:33 pm »
+3
HA wasn't "op as fuck" for a long long time. That's just the hate speaking of you.

If there are more than some ranged or ranged cav players online and threatening your life, you (the average crpg player, typically melee without throwing or even a spear (so bumps cannot be avoided)) think the class itself is too strong.
HA is getting nerfed all the time and comparing HA today to HA 2 years ago, you quickly notice the class was nerfed a lot. And when I'm saying a lot, I really mean A LOT!
Not speaking of how HA was in native and in the beginning of crpg, but that's of course not how HA's want their own class to be however.

Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Zhyang

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 03:52:12 pm »
+1
I dont think HA is Op ..Its just annoying as shit even if there are more than 5 HAs in the server..I think they nerf it to reduce the amount of HAs and frankly speaking I support that because they are annoying and "destroying " the fun

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 03:58:10 pm »
+3
With the recent patches I found my HA to be completely useless.

good

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 04:02:25 pm »
+3
Why do yo u need to deal damage vs plated chargers?
Just focus on the unarmoured horses.

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 04:04:59 pm »
If it was me I would remove uncounterable kiting completely from a multiplayer game....

But prpavi you really can't complain about not being able to damage cav that isn't even near the speed of even attacking you, that's only fair in my opinion.

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 04:07:54 pm »
+2
HA's are always effective as a group, that's their natural strength. Eventhough you nerf them to their bones, putting a couple of HA's together will definitely inflict some "good damage". This "good damage" used to be individual kills before the nerf-train. Now it's generally shooting down other horses, bumping to help your mate kill his opponent, or stun the enemy. If that can satisfy your game session, then it is most of what you get nowadays.

However, I strongly suggest new players to avoid being a HA as it is useless to invest your time. As we have a player community that is only concerned about getting easy kills, and not being bothered by other classes, and a dev team that supports this crowd, HA has been made the least enjoyable and satisfactory, and with one of the highest  upkeep class in this game.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 04:09:03 pm »
+2
Why do yo u need to deal damage vs plated chargers?
Just focus on the unarmoured horses.

I understand not everyting can counter everything, but at level this high and also high equipement it just sucks being semi useless and basically a drag on the team, i used to help out now I can just take peasants out.