Author Topic: DTV Changes - some infos  (Read 7709 times)

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
Re: DTV Changes - some infos
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2014, 09:46:49 pm »
+1
This is basicly the only game mod/game i know where NA is not the region, which is taken most care of, and you guys are really making sure that everyone notices that. Every other game we(EU) have to wait for fixes and endure long server downtimes. LoL is the perfect example of that.

Anyway............off-topic.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2014, 09:56:19 pm »
+1
This is basicly the only game mod/game i know where NA is not the region, which is taken most care of, and you guys are really making sure that everyone notices that. Every other game we(EU) have to wait for fixes and endure long server downtimes. LoL is the perfect example of that.

Anyway............off-topic.

If you didn't know america tends to be the biggest market area for video games so most likely that's why :l. In the end i just want this server to be a fun as possible without repairs or difficulty always getting in the way

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2014, 10:28:59 pm »
+1
If you didn't know america tends to be the biggest market area for video games so most likely that's why :l. In the end i just want this server to be a fun as possible without repairs or difficulty always getting in the way
The EU server has more players than the NA one, quite a lot actually. But yeah i get it, just possibly cut out the ''we are NA thing'' and give the constructive critism.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2014, 10:33:22 pm »
+2
The EU server has more players than the NA one, quite a lot actually. But yeah i get it, just possibly cut out the ''we are NA thing'' and give the constructive critism.

Constructive Criticism:

The amount of rounds we can play on one map, one, is to few. Bring it back to two!
My donkey Magnolia is currently dying on wave 1, she wishes to live till wave 3
Not all the maps have equip chests
I don't know if youre in charge of this, but if you could fix bots swinging through each other that would be great.

Overall DTV Job: A-

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2014, 10:42:48 pm »
+1
If you didn't know america tends to be the biggest market area for video games

[citation needed]

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2014, 11:52:00 pm »
+2
DTV is better than it's ever been. It is more challenging but importantly, more fun.

There will never be an "NA split" with DTV (or any other modes for that matter). All changes will remain the same for c-RPG, regardless of the region you're in. Some updates might take longer or lag behind in NA, that is simple the nature of the mod.

In what game would you ever have different mechanics for different regions?
Monkeys!

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2014, 12:10:49 am »
+2
DTV is better than it's ever been. It is more challenging but importantly, more fun.

There will never be an "NA split" with DTV (or any other modes for that matter). All changes will remain the same for c-RPG, regardless of the region you're in. Some updates might take longer or lag behind in NA, that is simple the nature of the mod.

BATTLE. NA WANTS LADDERS, GIVE US LADDERS!

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2014, 06:30:42 am »
+1

I'm going to have to disagree with most of that, while dtv is much more challenging, it isn't nearly as fun. Even though it was toughI enjoyed DTV the most before it was stripped of its unique maps and given blander maps. When it was grindy and the xp was good, it was as fun as something that isn't fun, but it was much easier. Now, it's both not fun and very difficult. I don't like losing money wearing medium armor, or hardly ever getting past Tihr. If the number of bots is decreased substantially but still a challenge, it will be a lot more enjoyable. Or, decrease the repair costs, so people would not have to choose between dying quick or going broke. Excepting this, and the traumatizing fact that your beloved clipclop has heart attacks at the end of the round, I finally think DTV is taking steps in a good direction.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Spicules

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2014, 08:49:04 am »
+2
I just want to say, thanks guys for the quick update to dtv to make it more manageable - organized teams are doing much better with the decreased spawn counts.  The horse implementation is also cool, and if you can make them stick around for the entire round it would be sweet.  With that aspect, I would like them to only stick around if the horse survived the previous round to give the idea or unhorsed warriors, but that's just my two cents if you guys can code it.

The only thing I would really like changed is the 1 go-through per map.  2 would be adequate to adapt to the map, though three wouldn't be unappreciated.  If it's leechers you're worried about, I'd suggest that the equipment screen should pop up automatically after every round if you die, rather than just if you lose or the maps changes.  I know you EU peeps have more people so that might be more of a problem, so the equipment screen might prevent accidental leechers from hanging around and detracting from the gameplay if they walk away from their computer.

Additionally, this is just my opinion, but the mid-tier white ninjas may be better nerfed in some way to make them less powerful.  The Tehr wave is really cool, but may be better after the ninjas or even chasseress(sp?) wave.  This would be good especially if the tihr pikemen were given more manageable weapons so they would actually do damage, because right now they're kinda pussies :p

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2014, 10:42:32 am »
+1
Love riding my plated charger in dtv. If it doesnt take much damage in the first wave it actually survives until the second wave. When the second wave starts my horse takes a shitton of damage but is still alive. Enough to bump some of the bots :D

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2014, 12:05:37 pm »
+1
Higher levels -> more bots -> more xp and gold ?

Can you please answer?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2014, 01:23:22 pm »
+1
Can you please answer?

I'm not sure tbh. I haven't really looked into how gold gets calculated, probably quite random, too. But generally more players mean more gold. Low population might get a gold-buff, but i'd like that in general to be heavy gear, so you don't have to worry about wearing plate even when there are only 5 people on the server.

@Ninjas: They are EXACTLY the same like the old weaboos, it's just their lower armor that makes them a little faster and i honestly do not see a reason to nerf them or the Tihr. They are easily manageable from what i've seen, may it be low pop or high pop.
@1roundlimit: It would just end in people getting used to change the map if it's not grindable enough or whatever, so it stays this way. You don't need a whole playthrough to realize how to play a map, the first few waves are enough to figure that out.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2014, 01:35:51 pm »
+1
do you think you can fix the horse killing after first round? would be supercool

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2014, 01:42:09 pm »
+2
do you think you can fix the horse killing after first round? would be supercool

Not sure if i can do that so easily, but i informed Shik about it in the hopes he does it. He's way more experienced with this.