Poll

Do you think that the STRENGTH requirement for Medium/Heavy tier armours, should be increased?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Increase the difficulty requirement on Medium/Heavy tier armours. POLL ADDED!  (Read 24206 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
+1
Wait, the community is listened to in order to change the mod?

In a shadowy consultative form yes

but dont tell the community ever

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Yeah my bad Heskey, its 3 out of 4.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
+1
That math!
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
+3
It's more like 3 out of 4, 75%.

Seriously, over 100 people have now voted 'yes' on the poll, and taken around 75% of the vote, what more does it take to have an idea acknowledged or looked at?

It takes 2 more years. Have patience.

Let me remind you of this thread:
http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/lederhosen-beer/

+247 up votes. Took 2 years to get accepted.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
+1
I was just getting mad because all my weapons are so useless with my transitional, put on a brigandine over aketon and had up to 10 kills per death again on eu2. nuff said.

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
I was just getting mad because all my weapons are so useless with my transitional, put on a brigandine over aketon and had up to 10 kills per death again on eu2. nuff said.

We already knew you are a bad player  :twisted:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
+3
It's crazy how the same people are so keen to dismiss these kinds of "votes" when it's about something they don't agree with.

And no, I don't think this suggestion is bad. But it's not good because it's "popular" either. Almost all vaguely reasonable ideas get positive votes in the suggestions forums because guess what, people who are more likely to say no simply don't visit those threads.

• King
    • View Profile
+1
well because it's a good suggestion, but a horrible suggestion balance wise. It's also kinda obvious how little people actually are high agi characters, most people stayed with a balanced build anyway.

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
+5
well because it's a good suggestion, but a horrible suggestion balance wise. It's also kinda obvious how little people actually are high agi characters, most people stayed with a balanced build anyway.

But there's still more than enough high agi builds (21 agi or much higher) running around. Maybe moreso on NA than EU, I don't know, but a agi player in heavy armor having just as much effective weapon proficiency as my balanced-ish build in light to medium armor is ridiculous. I like the idea of a higher requirement on heavy/plate armors.

The sudden influx of "assassin" builds is also quite annoying after a while. A guy in liederhosen can run around behind a team and come up behind with a knockdown weapon... it gets annoying after a while. Or when a guy in heavy or plate can catch my archer ... - ah forget it. That's a whole other barrel of worm and maggot-ridden apples, and it's off topic.  :lol:

*EDIT* And, I know it's really off topic here, but, has anyone actually seen Kaoklai upvote anything? lol
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:21:59 am by Thranduil »

• King
    • View Profile
These high agi builds are only rarely main characters and usually are only used for trolling, take it from me: high armour isn't worth it. I even believe remembering that STR reduces armour weight penalty.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
+1
It's not exactly common for a poll to get over 100 votes in the poll in favour though these days is it? You think this community actually still has enough people on the forums to turn that 101 'Yes' into a minority if the rest all voted 'No'? xD

100 saying 'yes' doesnt automatically mean it's right, i mean, that should kinda go without saying i assumed we were all smart enough to realize that. If the crying majorities had their way on forums we'd have no ranged in the game at all xD so believe me i know exactly what community we're dealing with. But if so large a proportion of your playerbase say they want a specific tweak, something that can be easily defined rather than a vague mechanic or class-based QQ, then i think a dev should at the very least consider it.

100 'yes' votes should mean that it's read and taken seriously as something people want, as opposed to another vague 'NERF RANGED PLEASE' or 'TOTALLY CHANGE THIS MECHANIC TO SUIT ME' post where noone cares. It shouldnt, and wont, mean that it's automatically added next patch, but it should be taken into consideration as something that's easy to implement and that has overwhelming support.

You don't seem to realise the amount of "NERF RANGED PLEASE" polls that got over 80% approval. And yes the total cRPG population is at least ten times more numerous than the amount of simultaneous players during prime time, if I remember the numbers right. So having 3/4 saying yes out of 150 people is something, but not really that impressive either given that as I said, the people that voted are a biaised sample of the complete population.

History also shows that the dev team tends to prefer implementing changes based on vague suggestions rather than precise tweaks. More often than not, problems have been solved (or not solved) using an approach that the community did not think about.

*EDIT* And, I know it's really off topic here, but, has anyone actually seen Kaoklai upvote anything? lol

It has been seen, and is probably the most evasive trophy one can have around here.

These high agi builds are only rarely main characters and usually are only used for trolling, take it from me: high armour isn't worth it. I even believe remembering that STR reduces armour weight penalty.

That's 100% debunked, but I can't find the source right now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:57:35 pm by Kafein »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
+1

define agi build?

18/21 already is an agi/balanced build everything over 21 is agi build regardless of str

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

• King
    • View Profile
+3
18/21 is a balanced build, no discussion.

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
18/21 is a balanced build, no discussion.

says who?

• King
    • View Profile
+2
Everybody? It's not because you played 18/21 once you can say if agibuilds are OP or not.
If 18/21 is agiwhore, then 21/18 is str crutch?

god dammit this thread is just a pile of biased bs