Poll

Do you think that the STRENGTH requirement for Medium/Heavy tier armours, should be increased?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Increase the difficulty requirement on Medium/Heavy tier armours. POLL ADDED!  (Read 23837 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Yeah, because a lot of players have 24> STR nowadays  :wink:

Ive seen you aswell Gravoth, running around in your mighty Varangopoulos armour, endlessly spamming you LWA.

please...

I used that armour like 1 map, i should trade it away since its just collecting dust, but i keep it because i want the option to go plate.

Does it even matter that i used it? Did i do so well that i should be locked out of the option of getting a bit more tanky?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 01:20:32 am by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
The guys arguing that high ath + plate is not unbalanced have never played it. 62 body armour is a lot especially with 9 or 10 athletics
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
That's an awesome idea! I don't think any of us could run around in full plate armor  :mrgreen:
The new STR idea would just make cRPG more realistic
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
I used that armour like 1 map, i should trade it away since its just collecting dust, but i keep it because i want the option to go plate.

Does it even matter that i used it? Did i do so well that i should be locked out of the option of getting a bit more tanky?

I fail to see the reasoning on why an agility based build should have the option to wear plate.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack

I fail to see the reasoning on why an agility based build should have the option to wear plate.

And I fail to see the point in removing variety from the game when its not imba.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
How is agi-plate any different?

it`s different because Gravoth is an agi plate player, duuuuuuuh  :lol:

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Any change you make to the game 'removes variety' by being different, where's my variety-based right to be 45/3 with 112 wpf in Pole? xD It was removed cos it was a daft idea, and i dont think anyone honestly complained about it, but in theory it removed variety cos i could have had a decent-attack-speed Str whore before the patch, or i could have gone 20 pole 80 xbow and hybridised, or i could have done any number of things. But that doesn't stop it being a daft mechanic that was put right. How is agi-plate any different?

How about you need to be proficient in a class to use the best weapons. Under 100 wpf in polearms, 1h or 2h? No longsword, greatswords, bardiches, poleaxes, or high-tier swords, maces or picks for you. Under 50? Only clubs, staves and low-tier axes for you.

Just as daft as your idea.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
Any change you make to the game 'removes variety' by being different, where's my variety-based right to be 45/3 with 112 wpf in Pole? xD It was removed cos it was a daft idea, and i dont think anyone honestly complained about it, but in theory it removed variety cos i could have had a decent-attack-speed Str whore before the patch, or i could have gone 20 pole 80 xbow and hybridised, or i could have done any number of things. But that doesn't stop it being a daft mechanic that was put right. How is agi-plate any different?

I see your point. Thing is i dont think i ever voted for reduced wpf on str builds. I mean ive never like str builds but i never wanted them to be nerfed either. Same with plate agi, its just another option its not that viable but its fun to have some variety. I have one set of peasant equips, one of medium and one heavy.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
In a perfect world (read; chadz next game) i hope there will be no pre-req at all, just cons/pros of using such and such things combined. But in cRPG we have STR requirement for armors and weapons, and the main use of requirement IS TO limit the use of said armors and weapons to someone who "has enough", so that a low-str cant use a high-damage or high-protection item. Point is 16 STR for the highest protection item is way way too low.

Taking ATH and WPF reduction its not as low as we could think it is, but I think it justify scaling them to AT LEAST 19+ STR so that the 18- STR cant use them.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:13:25 pm by Butan »

Offline Matim

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • My rouncey feeds on human flesh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nilfgaard
Almost not connected to the topic

Y u no make plates as expensive as heavy horses and as effective as were in reality? Seriously, presonally I'm really interested in medieval combat and what I see in c-rpg is the only thing (exept many players) that disturbs me. Or maybe make some cap, so only few (the best) ppl from the team are allowed to wear this shit, which still could be pierced by bolts and longbows, but would be awesome in melee, because now the only plate armour that works as it should is worn by Bonk.

Same on strat, battles fought only by (mostly dismounted LOL) knights are so fucking historically inaccurate that it makes me feel bad for plaing. Make these plates much more expensive (even more than now) and force factions to use that medium tier armours (I'm not talking ofc of how it looks like now, but how it will in 3 months)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
+1
On an unrelated note you seem very invested on being able to equip plate with no Str though, i thought you said it wasn't viable so why do you care so much? For someone who says it's total waste of agility to equip heavy armour you seem to be taking this suggestion quite personally xD

Because limiting too much is bad, and I feel strength builds are much better than agility builds with heavy armor. The likes of Atze and Cicero for example are and were much more dangerous with strength heavy builds than they ever were with agility ones and they both used heavy armor.

I've gone below 21 strength only a few times on my infantry/melee cav characters over all these years (except troll builds), usually ending up on 21, 27 or 30, and I've never used anything above pronoia armor regularly. This wouldn't affect me personally, but I don't think any more limiting is needed.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
+2
Its not limiting, it`s diversing the skills even more than now

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
+1
Its not limiting, it`s diversing the skills even more than now
What? But it is limiting? Agi plate is barely used as it is anyways. I only remember leshma playing as agi plate (i think he was 15 str) and that was a long time ago. It's just removing the option of using plate, its not really balancing anything.

I tried some plate today with my 15/27 build and with it i lose almost all my movement advantages in battles, sure i can sprint faster than most but that doesnt help in melee except for running away. People could still pretty much 3 shot me, only thing was ranged dealing quite a bit less damage. Useless as a hoplite, works for spamming long axe though as i can be a bit more aggresive.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1203
  • Infamy: 2519
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
+3
I only remember leshma playing as agi plate (i think he was 15 str) and that was a long time ago.

Nope. I never had final build with less than 18 STR. My old build was 18/24 and I was using plate for a very short time (heraldic transitional). Most of the time I was using Rus scale plate which was lighter back then and was upper medium armor. Also having 8 ATH felt a lot better back then, probably because other players had less. Currently, I feel about the same with 15.7 weight armour and 8 ATH.

Not sure how you look at things, but for me bellow 8.6 weight is light armour, between 8.6 and ~18 is medium and everything above is heavy or plate armour.

Only player I know, that had AGI build (18/21 or 18/24) and was wearing heaviest plate armour is Vincent_Ruth.

Offline [Ant]

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+2
The heaviest armours are not the problem the problem is the heavy medium armours with 11-12str req. Loomed with loomed hourglass (12str req) is 62 armour. Too Damn High