Poll

Do you think that the STRENGTH requirement for Medium/Heavy tier armours, should be increased?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Increase the difficulty requirement on Medium/Heavy tier armours. POLL ADDED!  (Read 25915 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
+3
You only lose like 15-20 wpf going from medium to heavy armour as long as you don't wear extremely heavy gloves, so you should be able to spam in most cases. Good movement increases the chance for glances and armour greatly reduces damage. The tradeoffs from 50 armour to 60-65 are debatable and could be seen as relatively equivalent in the long run.

I think str/agi means the difference between the two are >= 6. 9/18 would be a bad agi build while 18/27 would be a good one.

Overall, there's not much use arguing how good or bad that niche is. I personally believe this is a part of a larger change that should occur, but this probably won't do much by itself.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
I personally believe this is a part of a larger change that should occur, but this probably won't do much by itself.

I have some other suggestion that can nerf Agility  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+2
So 18/27 is a balanced build, right?

18/27 is a "I don't care about skill points" build.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
+2
18/27 is a "I don't care about skill points" build.

At level 30, perhaps.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
+1
I have some other suggestion that can nerf Agility  :mrgreen:

You and your damn nerfs. Game is too slow as it is, counter buff something in order to make it equally viable instead.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
+1
Add super-heavy anime armours that offer 100 armour and demand 24+ Str xD also buff every weapon accordingly and tamper with the soak formulas so this new armour isn't OP, then agi-builds can keep their old 'heavy armour' which would assume the effectiveness of the current medium armours due to weapon tweaks ;P all this without nerfing a single thing fufufu!

Nerf everything, every weapon should have the same swing animations. Remove high speed weapons. Nerf athletics to have a cap at 5, make plate 30 difficulty, nobody uses it anyways. Remove thrusts, remove ranged. Reduce crpg speed to slow and enable auto block, increase the length you are stunned after hitting a block so any sort of spam will be impossible.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
+1
what would be nice is armors priced and "difficultied" by their weight and protection, since currently its clear which are the best min-max choices.

ALSO bring back my armor, Bagge and I used to wear same UGLY brown aketon with mail neck covering, they removed it and have us the heavy aketon, an ugly POS. if You dont remember the old aketon.... your a noob and we are not friends.
I don't know enough

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
Nerf everything, every weapon should have the same swing animations. Remove high speed weapons. Nerf athletics to have a cap at 5, make plate 30 difficulty, nobody uses it anyways. Remove thrusts, remove ranged. Reduce crpg speed to slow and enable auto block, increase the length you are stunned after hitting a block so any sort of spam will be impossible.

Even with all that nerfs, I`m pretty sure that shitlords like you will find new things to abuse  :wink:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
+1
And don't forget to overreact massively to a request that the armour difficulty is raised by 1 or 2 points, that's the most important thing. 'Heavy Armour difficulty up by 2 points!? Might as well make plate 30 difficulty and cap athletics at 5, herp derrp, cos those suggestions are clearly identical and equally as bad as raising difficulty by 2!'

When pick or some shit had it's difficulty raised by like 1 point were you on forums then saying 'variety is dead! Might as well make every weapon identical now, lower speed, auto-block, massive stun, QQ!! You've ruined agility forever! Stop Nerfing stuff!!!!!' ? On here you go consistently from 'it wont make any difference', 'nobody with those builds uses heavy armour anyway' to 'youll kill the mod and ruin everything!', well what do you actually think?

I really hope that was a sarcastic 'agi-my old friend' impersonation and not your real opinion, cos you've been so rational till now lol, and if that was real i'm going to have to use it as copy-pasta every time anyone suggests any change in the mod, no matter how tiny or potentially beneficial. Cos surprisingly you can say that exact same thing about anything, overreacting and listing awful suggestions as the 'natural progression' of their idea,  you could probably post what you just posted without even reading what the topic was about because it's the Suggestions Corner, so your generic beef with 'change' could apply to any of the threads here.

Well my first response there was to panos who just seems to want to nerf everything that kills. And the exaggurated shit was a response to your exaggurated shit.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
I sense a free respec for all  :lol:

also you will totally nerf friedturtle i think, he won't be happy  :?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+2

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: Increase the difficulty requirement on Medium/Heavy tier armours.
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2014, 03:09:41 am »
+1

Bonus argument :

- on strategus battles : plate armies are boring at end-game, if the armors needed more strenght to wield, the strategus leaders would be FORCED to keep a large place for light-medium armors even if everyone's rich as cresus, and the metagame would be much more balanced, fun, and fluid without item pricing changes!

I already agree with the whole thing but that alone should be enough.

I think a full GPwB rig should be 21str min fo sho bitches.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
+2
I APPROVE !

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
3 out of 4, want an armour re tweak, please devs

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
+1
I agree with this with only a small modification.

Corrazina: 16 strength req
Transitional: 17 strength req
Churburg: 18 strength req
Gothic / Heavy: 19 strength req
Milanise: 20 strength req
Gothic w Bevor: 21 strength req

This way balanced builds will still have access to some levels of plate armour. Agi heavy ones with less then 15 strength will not get plate armour, and strength heavy builds can get full access to all plate without completely sacrificing agility.

EDIT: Also please lower the weight of armour on movement speed only. You could do something like the items weight is approximately equal to the strength required to use the item, each point of strength a character has ABOVE the min req on the armour, it reduces the effective weight on movement by 1kg/str to a max of -3.

I could come up with arguments in real life terms for this effect but no one wants to hear that.

EDIT2: Armour that wasn't that appealing stat wise but had the same weight as other armour that was slightly more expensive can be given a slight weight advantage easily using this model to make armour more appealing.

This would make armour selection require a lot more forethought without intrinsically nerfing anyone.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:09:37 pm by Konrax »