Author Topic: Keep the mod healthy: Revert Retard Mode  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: Keep the mod healthy: Revert Retard Mode
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 01:19:05 am »
+1
To be fair the game isn't really much faster in native its just that most crpgers use heavy ass armours compared to the leather jerkins and ragged outfits common in native. you get mail armours and sometimes heavier but the avg crpg armour is 10 more weight just on the body armour, add to that some high str chars and the game does feel slower.

Native feels deadlier because everything hurts like hell, your armour is lower so speed is higher, its like playing crpg with 1/3 hp :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Eugene

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 59
  • MLPK
    • View Profile
  • Faction: My Little Pony Krew
  • Game nicks: MLPK_Brony_Sudo
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 01:26:49 am »
To be fair the game isn't really much faster in native its just that most crpgers use heavy ass armours compared to the leather jerkins and ragged outfits common in native. you get mail armours and sometimes heavier but the avg crpg armour is 10 more weight just on the body armour, add to that some high str chars and the game does feel slower.

Native feels deadlier because everything hurts like hell, your armour is lower so speed is higher, its like playing crpg with 1/3 hp :P

In AUS, we have a smaller playerbase and use cheaper armours due to a less easily accessed multiplier, so agility biased builds are more prevalent in our server. I always use light armour (mail shirt with fur), light gloves and a medium helmet, and go 12/27 and 15/24.

It's still not as quick as the combat in native, I think because in a lot of servers, the combat speed is on "fast/fastest", where here it's on "medium".

Whats your take on this? :)
I hate it when I forget to take my fedora off at night, and I wake up neck-deep in bitches

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 03:18:38 am »
The aussie pros want more speed! The game is too damn slow for them!

Every time an Australian player makes a post it is met with comments like this, yet you guys wonder why we bring up examples of Australian players doing well in NA?

:rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 03:44:37 am »
+1
Dingo downblock your baby, mate?

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 03:53:39 am »
+3
don't make me make a cheeseburger joke m8

i'll do it m8

Offline Eugene

• Baron
  • MLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 04:22:15 am »
+2
don't make me make a cheeseburger joke m8

i'll do it m8

American blocking

I hate it when I forget to take my fedora off at night, and I wake up neck-deep in bitches

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 10:50:36 am »
I don't follow. The native combat system just has an intensity that would really increase the feels of cRPG. I don't know what you mean by uncounterable unless you're referring to blockstun?

That just shows your continent has no discovered as many tricks as mine. With higher speeds EU cRPG and probably NA to some extent would become a spamfest. The intensity of Native comes from the fact that you are only allowed to fail once or twice, sometimes not at all. Whereas in cRPG if you invest in a optimal build with lots of STR and loomed armor, you can take quite a beating before dying.

Offline Eugene

• Baron
  • MLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 11:03:23 am »
That just shows your continent has no discovered as many tricks as mine. With higher speeds EU cRPG and probably NA to some extent would become a spamfest. The intensity of Native comes from the fact that you are only allowed to fail once or twice, sometimes not at all. Whereas in cRPG if you invest in a optimal build with lots of STR and loomed armor, you can take quite a beating before dying.

I might know what you mean, but homeboy Goris would probably go toe to toe with the best EU has to offer, cRPG or Native.

In AUS we don't rely on "tricks", but maybe you should spectate us for a minute, you might learn a thing or two.

--

All in all, players flourish within the environments they play in. We're all human. NA, EU, CN and AU all have their different strengths and weaknesses based on how the community operates. There's no "master race". AU would have better duellists, as thats how we play, but NA and EU would both have players with far superior group fighting/fending skills, as we never have experienced that.

All I know is the combat is dry enough to make Oprah Winfreys moot look the the Pacific Ocean.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 01:42:31 pm »
That just shows your continent has no discovered as many tricks as mine.

Enlighten us then, my superior European friend!

We've been over this Aus vs EU vs NA nonsense too many times. Ping prevents us from being able to compare "skills".

@ Sudo; please consider locking this thread if it becomes another e-peen contest

Many thanks

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 01:55:12 pm »
Enlighten us then, my superior European friend!

We've been over this Aus vs EU vs NA nonsense too many times. Ping prevents us from being able to compare "skills".

@ Sudo; please consider locking this thread if it becomes another e-peen contest

Many thanks

It's quite simple really, there are more playstyles in EU than there are players in AUS

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 08:19:48 pm »
What you don't consider is that people with a high ping (who are not just a few) would suffer from faster attack speeds. I like the way it is right now, although for me it's nearly impossible to block agiwhores with 1h (and 200 wpf) when they have 1/3 of my ping or less.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 12:35:04 am »
Try playing with a 30-9 build in plate armor and a Swiss halberd/English bill on AUS once. That will raise the average str in the server.

In terms of combat speed: if you make the game faster it will all come to str build spam festers.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Eugene

• Baron
  • MLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 03:16:33 pm »
+1
What you don't consider is that people with a high ping (who are not just a few) would suffer from faster attack speeds. I like the way it is right now, although for me it's nearly impossible to block agiwhores with 1h (and 200 wpf) when they have 1/3 of my ping or less.

'High ping'  definition is a matter of perspective, no disrespected but as PK_Liu_Xuande, I could play and block with up to 160 ping (the threshold). But I still performed well in NA with 230, by implementing a different play style with better a weapon reach. This could still be used if combat sped up due to the use of distancing.

Really, if there's a small army of high pingers, they should get their own server.

-----

Try playing with a 30-9 build in plate armor and a Swiss halberd/English bill on AUS once. That will raise the average str in the server.

In terms of combat speed: if you make the game faster it will all come to str build spam festers.

Please, with the new wpf system that build would not only be shit, but in AUS it'd be obsolete as:
- Aths can keep them in range
- Believe it or not, we know what the mystery of the right mouse button is. 2D weapons are shit except for support in our community. Might be good in the NA swarm-storm though. Not here

----

Lastly,
It's quite simple really, there are more playstyles in EU than there are players in AUS

Just because there's more styles, it doesn't mean any are more effective, especially in a 1v1 scenario (quite the contrary). This is typical due to the common gank situations that larger player numbers endorse. Don't deny it, or the rounds would go forever.

Also., a trend I've noticed: with the very-occasional outlier, most players with the forum-fame look like fish out of water when it comes to duels. More time in-game pls.

/thread