Author Topic: Archer feelings after last patch  (Read 4542 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Archer feelings after last patch
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 01:49:39 pm »
+1
Now ranged got nerfed and with that my throwing daggers became complete garbage aswell, i guess its a price worth paying.
But also with the nerf the amount of archers has reduced, and cav risen. Now theres always a shit ton of cav spawnraping, oneshotting and plowing through infantry. And since the ranged amounts have been reduced cav can roam much more freely. I feel we need a cavnerf to follow up, or maybe i'll just have to switch to permanently playing with either pike or hoplite.

With more cav comes more pikes and hoplites then more generalist melee to deal with the pikes and hoplites, I think that's fine.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 01:57:28 pm »
+2
With more cav comes more pikes and hoplites then more generalist melee to deal with the pikes and hoplites, I think that's fine.

The thing is, i never see many people use pikes/spears. Usually there are more byzantiums with poking weapons than the rest of the server. And now many of us are playing alts etc, so even less anticav on the server. And whenever i see people use pikes they barely use them to fight cav, but only focus on infantry :(
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 02:01:35 pm »
well, we are close to uselessness again where we had been for months. Great patch.

Horses survive close range headshots with pd8 mw bow bow or pd6 mw longbow, both with bodkins, agi guy in medium armor takes 3+ shots to take down, etc.

But it was to be expected, and we had a few weeks of fun before, so be it.  :rolleyes:

To be honest I care less and less - for an occasional trolling session the game is still fun (because of the hilarious people on NA, thanks all you dickheads for countless funny moments!!!), and apart from that I am starting to look for other things to put my time into... quite a bit of real life stuff coming up, books to finish, etc. - so the nerf is welcome since it makes playing c-rpg much less tempting...  :mrgreen:
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 02:05:23 pm »
+1
The thing is, i never see many people use pikes/spears. Usually there are more byzantiums with poking weapons than the rest of the server. And now many of us are playing alts etc, so even less anticav on the server. And whenever i see people use pikes they barely use them to fight cav, but only focus on infantry :(

Back when I played cav, the amount of long poking weapons really changed how I had to play, even when they didn't actively seek cav. It's way more effective as pikeman to bait cav rather than maintain it away.

well, we are close to uselessness again where we had been for months. Great patch.

Horses survive headshots with pd8 mw bow bow or pd6 mw longbow, both with bodkins, agi guy in medium armor takes 3+ shots to take down, etc.

But it was to be expected, and we had a few weeks of fun before, so be it.  :rolleyes:

To be honest I care less and less - for an occasional trolling session the game is still fun (because of the hilarious people on NA, thanks all you dickheads for countless funny moments!!!), and apart from that I am starting to look for other things to put my time into... quite a bit of real life stuff coming up, books to finish, etc. - so the nerf is welcome since it makes playing c-rpg much less tempting...  :mrgreen:

Ne me quitte pas... not

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 02:21:35 pm »
+2
Wasn't this less a nerf than a patch equalling ranged damage with melee damage against high tier armor?

Now it's even more rock, scissors, paper, as ranged will have to teamwork with its own can-opening infantry, instead of more or less just ignoring armor as hitherto.

There was a ninja patch at the beginning of this week that changed ranged again, negating the old change that made armour very good against low-mid damage shots. Right now, ranged is using the same values as melee against armour. No damage multiplier like it was before, but neither is there any artificial nerf against armour like it was over the weekend for a few days. Even so, 14% damage from PD allow archers to still deal slightly more damage than the equivalent melee non-held hit.

Also, for the guy complaining about throwing daggers, that weapon and other low tear throwing weapons are more effective now (by like 1 point, but still).

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 07:46:13 pm »
+2
My opinion about bows is same from begining: long bow - best bow, enemies will always feel if they get shot from it (rus bow is also ok, but i just love long bow :D )
If you want to kill, you need to pay for it, it's simple.  :mrgreen:
Archer forever :D

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 11:35:09 pm »
Suprise, archers got nerfed again  :mrgreen:

After last patch I noticed that number of archers felt down and there is way less QQ about archers.

Why?

Armor is protecting ppl better against projectiles.

Situation we have now is a bit closer to realism. If you have shit bow and cut dmg arrows guy with hi armor ratio will laught when you shot him.
Now most archers are using at least 4 pd bow, because with it you can deal dmg.

It's nice to see when a guy in plate or armor close to it can survive 3 shots (long bow+bodkins), it makes game funnier from both sides and makes that ppl starts using good looking heavy armors.

This nerf IMO is a best way to nerf archery and not making it unplayable. Pew-pewing ppl to death is still possible :D

Can't wait how is archery going to looks like in strat, because i heard about some changes in archery we will have only in strat. 8-)

Have a nice day and remember, if you have a shield, don't forget to shield up  :wink:

Hush up and go play one of the many piece of shit first person shooter garbage.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 08:41:59 am »
+2
Hush up and go play one of the many piece of shit first person shooter garbage.
I don't like point and click games, but i love archery system in c-rpg.

You are probably NA, so there is no reason to add you to my blacklist  :cry:

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 11:34:46 am »
+3
You are probably NA, so there is no reason to add you to my blacklist  :cry:

I will shoot him for you, he actually likes it, esp. death by buttshot  :mrgreen:
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 12:15:58 pm »
+3
Archery weak buff archery..... herp derp!!

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 04:26:25 pm »
+1
Noone said that archery is weak and unplayable.

2 days ago i also got quite impressive kd after 3 rounds 17:0 (i also killed 2 temmates)  :twisted:

But worst thing is that most ppl are looking at archery, and i can even say more, at all clases, looking at hi level players like one you posted here.

Also they are taking out exceptions like single screen shots (situation we have here)

As i can say about archers in this game that they are powerfull, but on some town maps and close area spaces they are quite useless, and abilities in melee are quite crappy (it's ok, because ranged are units killing from range).

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 04:29:21 pm »
+3
I will shoot him for you, he actually likes it, esp. death by buttshot  :mrgreen:

Ha! Hiro, I never have the heart to hit  such a cutie as yourself :)

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2014, 03:04:33 am »
+1
Archery weak buff archery..... herp derp!!

And that's the difference between skill and generic whine.  :wink:

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2014, 08:23:57 pm »
It always was, somehow mature people still think that one or two good score results from lvl 34 builds make the class. But if you want to talk about generics, the class is generally shit, as always.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2014, 10:58:45 pm »
Atm it's more support class. If someone want to kill lots of ppl, he can try other clases.

If you want to kill lots of enemies as an archer yo have to got some luck, and lots of skill. Archery in c-rpg is not a point and click shooter easy mode.