Author Topic: Suggestion: Mandatory Posting of Your KD and Build Before Any Balance Post  (Read 2841 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
This board is a smorgasbord of terrible posting by terrible players. One of the most prominent is Kafein, whenever I read any of his balance posts one word just starts ringing out in my mind over and over, louder each time. "Scrub."

I would like to suggest a new rule to bring some common sense and perhaps even humility to the posting that goes on here, and filter out some of the white noise.

Here I'll start the trend.

"2hand is currently being outperformed by every other melee class, and melee cav has never been weaker. Nerf ranged across the board, and give a must deserved nerf to hoplites, ranged, 2d polearms, 4d polearms, pierce 1handers, stabbing 1handers, blunt 1handers, and mounted range. Battle is impossible to perform well on nowadays without being one of those classes."

signed,
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
+6
Can I have some gold?
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
+2
Can I have some gold?

He only has 750k.. you broke tydeus?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+13

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
+2
ooooooooooook... What about ppl who are playing siege most of the time? They dont get k:d? What about ppl who are there to do the support like pikes and shields with low ps and ranged with light bows/xbows and throwers?
As usually ppl try to include K:D ratios into some "quality" calculations... Makes no sense... I assisted so many kills that i take greater pride in those actions than actually landing a killing blow (shot)...
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
+3
Wasn't posting your KD in that other thread enough? I know this is just a joke thread and is destined for spam, but w/e

I think part of the problem is that we have quite a split community. Some people want to balance around siege, some battle, some Strat, some even duel. Totally different game modes, different objectives, different lethality for classes etc. Then we have EU and NA. Different spread of classes, different ability of players etc

Reason I say that is KD is only an indication of ability. It depends on what game mode you play, which class you are, which server, how consistent you are, how serious you play all the time etc. Getting 4:1 KD is different on horseback than with an archer for eg, eventhough the ranged player might be just as useful as the cav. It depends on the class counters too. I know cav can get great KD's but I feel that often it is fair KD so its not like you can use KD just to suggest something is OP either.

Last hits are not all that matter in the game, its overall usefulness for your team (archer might be hitting stuff all round but not necessarily getting last hits, and he can be bad at the game and do it) and it depends whether its deserved KD or not depending on many other factors. KD says nothing about how fair and unbiased your viewpoints will be too. You really need to see someone play to decide if they are bad or not, although very low KD would be an indication of that it can't really be used by itself
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
+10
He only has 750k.. you broke tydeus?
Actually, yes. Item balancers don't get any special treatment, we have to buy items like everyone else if we want to do tests. Every patch where there are item changes/new items added my funds drop significantly and unfortunately, I've been testing mostly expensive playstyles for the past few months as well. Oh well.

ooooooooooook... What about ppl who are playing siege most of the time? They dont get k:d? What about ppl who are there to do the support like pikes and shields with low ps and ranged with light bows/xbows and throwers?
As usually ppl try to include K:D ratios into some "quality" calculations... Makes no sense... I assisted so many kills that i take greater pride in those actions than actually landing a killing blow (shot)...
En Dotter, I would assume he'd take a screenshot of your K:D at the end of a map.

Grumbs, I'm not sure this is the right thread to be using logic and reason. I suggest posting random pictures/gifs.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
+1
Fuck you man you fucking pussy

Only 400 kills!
Played on DTV until lvl 30 of course you are going to have a good kd bundle of sticks
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
+2
"2hand is currently being outperformed by every other melee class

where is panos when you need him
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
+9
Does this include respeccing at high level to reset k/d for maximum e-peen?

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: Suggestion: Mandatory Posting of Your KD and Build Before Any Balance Post
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 03:48:18 pm »
+14
Here I'll start the trend.

"2hand is currently being outperformed by every other melee class, and melee cav has never been weaker. Nerf ranged across the board, and give a must deserved nerf to hoplites, ranged, 2d polearms, 4d polearms, pierce 1handers, stabbing 1handers, blunt 1handers, and mounted range. Battle is impossible to perform well on nowadays without being one of those classes."

You know, Smooth...

...the biggest retard can have good reflexes and muscle memory. Doesn't mean he understands any single problem.
...the biggest asshole can find out a lame trick and abuse the shit out of it. Doesn't mean he knows anything about balancing or is unbiased.
...the smartest guy can completely freak out when someone approaches in melee, never mind how long he play. Doesn't mean he has no clue of balancing.

And you know what?

Perhaps it is good to know how to fight when trying to balance items. Perhaps it's bad. I don't know. But you should know how game design works when making suggestions and blaming the balance for problems which stem from completely different things  :wink:

Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 06:44:14 pm »
+2
...the biggest asshole can find out a lame trick and abuse the shit out of it. Doesn't mean he knows anything about balancing or is unbiased.

Smoothrich will now call you a scrub for not accepting the glory of abusing the shit out of everything abusable.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 04:04:17 am »
Actually, yes. Item balancers don't get any special treatment, we have to buy items like everyone else if we want to do tests. Every patch where there are item changes/new items added my funds drop significantly and unfortunately, I've been testing mostly expensive playstyles for the past few months as well. Oh well.

I didn't know mang.

I thought admins just took items from the sky as they fell from heaven. Now I know differently.

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 04:58:35 am »
+4
Well, we can just re-balance the game to death. I mean how many people are left? Lets just throw everything on its head every month. Screw every level 34 basing his decisions on existing mechanics. Don't make no sense.
Im your imaginary friend...

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 09:13:10 am »
Well, we can just re-balance the game to death. I mean how many people are left? Lets just throw everything on its head every month. Screw every level 34 basing his decisions on existing mechanics. Don't make no sense.

Screw every level 34. Period. I'm level 33