Author Topic: 0.3.2.1  (Read 23224 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.2.1
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2014, 07:28:28 pm »
Just wondering, how do you code the slots? Are they a property for items in the module_items.py? If you use the module system that is.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2014, 07:29:46 pm »

if it was melee 4 vs melee 10, the 4 still has the chance to win, it takes 30 seconds for the flags to appear when the player count in one team reaches 6, so this directly nerfs HA's, HX's and ranged in general, which in fact a great thing, becausebefore you had to wait 4 minutes if there were 4 HA's running around before you could take flags, now the flags pop up 30 seconds later and the HA's and HX's have to fight directly to have a chance of winning.

I will take last night as an example, there must of been about 15-20 HA's on last night, Fallen, Eques and the shit HA clan with Prpavi and all that were all HA's, all pretty much on the same team. What happened? flags spawned when all their infantry died, becaus ethey didn tprotect them, found they were last ones alive every round and lost because as HA it is impossible to take the flags, all in all i say it has become a great addition, HA's can no longer delay at the end of rounds and that a lot of them will mean that your team will lose.

such rude Strudog and I always took you for a true English gentleman  :mrgreen:

For the situation Stru described yes indeed I believe it was on Fishara map and we did win the cav battle since there were 15 horses on each side and we engaged the cav first and took the all (not every round but mostly) down, but in that time our infantry lost the melee battle and we were forced to charge the flags and got rekt. I really had no problem with that and my role as a HA is even more defined and visible in the team with this. I shall adapt and hopefully the other players will too. What I'm sorry for is the melee guys, recent years shileder buffs really pushed me personally away from melee and leveling my polearm alt is painful, I am most certain I won't play shiledless melee on my main ever again.

Talking of the devil, I'm off to EU1 to test +3 Ashwood with the new stab.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2014, 07:42:41 pm »
This will probably be changed so don't go looming a previously 2 slot shield if you won't use it when it becomes 2 slots again.
Too bad...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2014, 08:25:13 pm »
+2
If there was an increase in armor for shields, they should have all gotten it.  Poor metal shields only got a weight reduction (making them worse at resisting crushthrough) and nothing in return. :(

Offline teale

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 5
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Teale, Fenris_Leach, Fenris_Leachy
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2014, 08:32:19 pm »
If there was an increase in armor for shields, they should have all gotten it.  Poor metal shields only got a weight reduction (making them worse at resisting crushthrough) and nothing in return. :(

Well... 1 weight reduction on a shield gives a decent speed boost, so you do get something in return :rolleyes:

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2014, 08:34:58 pm »
+2

Well... 1 weight reduction on a shield gives a decent speed boost, so you do get something in return :rolleyes:

1 weight doesn't really do anything.  It's so minor, the crushthrough resistance is more valuable.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2014, 10:30:18 pm »
Please changed all "colored" items to a different word.  That word has too much racial baggage due to centuries of oppression.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2014, 10:33:18 pm »
+5
Yeah, change it to coloured and it will be alright.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2014, 10:46:32 pm »
Crusthrough is no problem, you should be able to fight decently against a mauler already. What can be worrysome is stun+crushthrough combo. Although I'm sure which is something that can be dealt with.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2014, 11:06:09 pm »
+1
Getting blockstunned with a shield can easily cause death because there's no way to know when it happens, unlike weapon blockstun that causes your block to change its angle slightly but enough to be noticeable when you know what it means.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2014, 11:08:43 pm »
No, this is how it works.Yeah, it wasn't intended to be a huge change, just something to to effectively slow down thrusts a bit. It should have a larger affect on the effectiveness of thrusts for fast weapons, than for slower ones. Still, it might need increasing by a bit more because wpf reduces the delay here.

So that practically means the character takes longer get ready to thrust. Got it.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1397
  • Infamy: 1387
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2014, 11:44:12 pm »
Keep increasing this "delay", because it seems to make thrust more fucked up and harder to block.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2014, 12:35:21 am »
+1
a few guys now seem not to be able not to chrushthrough from what i have seen today(Apsod you maniac  :wink:)  I guess there is nearly no chance factor after the shield weight reduction. Within the next days i predict Mallets&Maul will have a huge revival  :lol:
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2014, 03:06:38 am »
The vanity pricing on the new gloves... there's no way that can be correct.  Can it?
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline teale

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 5
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Teale, Fenris_Leach, Fenris_Leachy
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2014, 04:07:05 am »
+1
1 weight doesn't really do anything.  It's so minor, the crushthrough resistance is more valuable.

Well if 1 weight reduction barely does anything to your speed, it barely does anything to your crush through resistance, it works both ways.
There's no use saying "With nothing in return" because that's bullshit. :D