Author Topic: im fat im fat oh god im fat  (Read 10533 times)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: im fat im fat oh god im fat
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2013, 03:43:29 pm »
Aspartane makes you crave sugar. Water (and milk for bulks) are still a much better choice.
IF however I decide to drink a soda, I also go for the diet cokes. Just don't drink them all day every day;)

I would personaly strongly disagree about skipping breakfast, but every body reacts diferently. If you get results this way, by all means go for it.
You probably never tried this. Every body will react the same on lower insulin levels.
You will burn more fat and you won't get fat during bulks (cutting actually slows downyour progress like A LOT.
You will feel less hungry during cuts (if you have to spread your meals over the day those tiny bits will never satisfy you, an empty stomach is actually less hungry than a half full one).
You will be in a fight or flight mode (sympathetic NS) during the day and feel better, happier, less tired etc... In the evening the insulin spike of your huge meal will make the parasympathetic nervous system kick in and you will feel satisfied and ready to go to bed.

Basically, it's awesome

Says losing fat is simple.

Posts manifesto to prove it.
Basically it's all about the eating less than you burn, the other points are just things that can help or make it easier.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 03:47:56 pm by no_rules_just_play »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2013, 03:51:30 pm »
+1
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler49.htm

Also about eating just once per day.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2013, 03:51:53 pm »
+6
Dat moment when fatties orders two double cheeseburgers + large fries and then orders a diet soda.

Lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2013, 04:11:08 pm »
It's actually funny how people can think eating all the time will boost your metabolism enough to burn more fat.
Would be a pretty stupid evolution to design a digestive system that is so efficient. You would have to eat a shit ton of food because 50% of the energy would be used to actually digest it. We wouldn't have survived the ice time like that.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2013, 04:19:31 pm »
+2
It's actually funny how people can think eating all the time will boost your metabolism enough to burn more fat.
Would be a pretty stupid evolution to design a digestive system that is so efficient. You would have to eat a shit ton of food because 50% of the energy would be used to actually digest it. We wouldn't have survived the ice time like that.

The reasoning for me to split my meals all over the day is so i won't be feeling hungry. Plus i would never be able to pull off a clean meal with all my calories per day (non cheap calories) in a whole sitting.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2013, 04:22:42 pm »
Guys, the OP hasn't responded. Why are you all so serious now, this might just be a troll lol

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2013, 04:25:06 pm »
+1
Guys, the OP hasn't responded. Why are you all so serious now, this might just be a troll lol

Knowing Poop tho you're right. Lol

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2013, 04:39:18 pm »
The reasoning for me to split my meals all over the day is so i won't be feeling hungry. Plus i would never be able to pull off a clean meal with all my calories per day (non cheap calories) in a whole sitting.
I eat 4 eggs at 1pm (280cals), after that I usually wait untill 7pm (after my training). Then I drink a liter of milk (630 cals), in a few minutes. After this I go prepare my meal (eg a huge spaghetti, potatoes with a shit ton of meat or two pizzas) which fills the rest of my 3000 cals (so that makes 2100 calories). I eat this in one sitting which means I eat everything except the 4 eggs in a time span of 90 minutes. Even of you have to eat 1000 calories more you can still eat an extra meal at 10 pm.

I recently started taking rilatin which reduces appetite and eating the huge meal only slowed down a bit, it's still not a problem as I have a whole evening to slowly eat or to split my meal in smaller parts.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2013, 04:42:41 pm »
+2
"Won't be feeling hungry." Hunger won't kill you. You'll feel more energetic and sharp if you're a bit hungry. And the best part is that when you do eat, it'll be epic. Every day the meal will feel like a feast, extremely satisfying.

Obviously it's a troll, who gives a fuck? Nobody's discussing about Poophammer, just general diet shit.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2013, 05:02:48 pm »
You'll feel more energetic and sharp if you're a bit hungry.

This is very true, speaking from experience.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2013, 05:11:54 pm »
I'm not an expert, but from what I've heard skipping meals puts your body into energy saving mode. You will lose weight for now but some time later you will pile the pounds back on

Also you tend to binge on food if you don't eat regularly
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:15:50 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2013, 05:15:08 pm »
I eat 4 eggs at 1pm (280cals), after that I usually wait untill 7pm (after my training). Then I drink a liter of milk (630 cals), in a few minutes. After this I go prepare my meal (eg a huge spaghetti, potatoes with a shit ton of meat or two pizzas) which fills the rest of my 3000 cals (so that makes 2100 calories). I eat this in one sitting which means I eat everything except the 4 eggs in a time span of 90 minutes. Even of you have to eat 1000 calories more you can still eat an extra meal at 10 pm.

I recently started taking rilatin which reduces appetite and eating the huge meal only slowed down a bit, it's still not a problem as I have a whole evening to slowly eat or to split my meal in smaller parts.

Sure if i eat Pizzas and such cheap calories rich meals i'd do it all easily in one sitting. But eating pizzas every day or similar food would never suit me personally lol.

I'm more used to Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner and like 3 separate small meals per day (at most) with dem protein shakezzz as well. Easier imo to control macros as well. But that's just me. In the end it's all about personal preference and managing your calories intake/outtake.

And taking stuff to reduce the hunger doesn't really seem worth it just because.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2013, 05:40:58 pm »
+1
I'm not an expert, but from what I've heard skipping meals puts your body into energy saving mode. You will lose weight for now but some time later you will pile the pounds back on

Also you tend to binge on food if you don't eat regularly
Yes, from "what you've heard." It's bullshit. Look at people who have no food - are they fat? Do you actually gain weight if you don't eat? Wonder why Africans aren't obese? Again, we're talking minimalistic "savings" at best, if it happens at all: it'll be saving worth of 0-20 calories. Your body isn't magic, it will not get energy from outer space, meaning it'll use the fat reserves in your body.

And actually, I think people binge more if they eat the crappy 6 times a day diet. You never feel fully satisfied after a meal, you'll always be half-hungry. When you eat once a day, most of the time you won't even feel hungry, you'll feel kind of gross just thinking about eating. And most binge eating happens in the evening - that's when you'll be having your meal, so no binge eating there either.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2013, 06:03:27 pm »
"Eating good" before you exercise? That sounds fucked up, I think you're the exception rather than the rule. Everyone else I know would never want to eat before gymming or doing sports.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2013, 06:15:49 pm »
+3

Actually.....that's how it is. That's why raw celery is said to have 0 nutritious value, because it takes as much energy to digest as it provides, so it become essentially just a good source of fiber. Do you know when we got the most efficient at digesting food and getting the most calories out of them? When we learned to make fire and cook our food so that it takes less energy to digest the food. So if you want to burn more energy by eating, eat the same things only eat them raw.
Also, when eating more meals per day, you don't eat the same amount each meal that you would in 1-3 meals. You consume the same amount of calories across 6-8 time frames. The reason that you do this is your body comes to expect those calories on a regular basis and is less likely to convert it to fat in anticipation of the upcoming period where no calories can be expected. While theoretically if you consume the same amount of calories you might actually see a slight loss by eating 1 meal every day or two due to the energy lost by the conversion to fat and back again, in practice you are more likely to consume a bit more than you actually need and never convert the fat back again into energy. Whereas if you are eating 6-8 meals per day, the body is not anticipating a period of famine and rather than converting it to fat, it simply rids the body of what it doesn't need. Just like with vitamins. There is no point in taking extra vitamins because your body just gets rid of them.

Everyone knows that energy in should be < energy out to lose weight. Yes, we all know it is that simple. In PoopHammer's case my assumption is he isn't going to give up his eating habits (because that should be obvious to him), so my assertion that simply lifting isn't going to help him lose that weight and he should focus on fat burn/cardio type exercise instead still stands. And yes, there is a proven range where you are most efficient at the fat burn.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln