Author Topic: im fat im fat oh god im fat  (Read 10528 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 987
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: im fat im fat oh god im fat
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 12:59:57 pm »
+1
Only difference is that our ancestors mostly ate meat and vegetables. No bread, no white sugar, processed meat and stuff like that.

But I like where you are going with this thread, Xant. Keep up the good work :wink:

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 01:12:28 pm »
+2
umbra is right about fat loss being achieved in that steady state,  as the only energy system being used at that point is the one burning fat.  however it also runs in the background during all the other exercise forms that use other energy systems.
all in all,  if you want to keep it simple,  go with umbra.  why would you want to burn your glycogene or muscle mass,  if your goal is to loose  fat.
also very good hint is the drinking water one:
you have two satiety receptors,  one measuring your blood sugar,  and more importantly here: one in the stomach measuring the stretching of the stomach wall.  so if you drink loads of water,  the latter will tend to be satisfied : )
the former will over all be more satisfied with many smaller meals over the day,  cause your blood sugar levels will be steady,  whilst being too high after a huge meal,  and too low during the rest of the day if you only eat one  meal a day.
also,  one  meal a day can have either good or bad impact on the stomach stretch receptor,  depending on how big or small that one meal is.

xant:  our ancestors werent made to be obese or to actively loose weight,  so that argument doesnt count when we are talking about a fat man wanting to loose weight,  in an environment that isnt comparable to one in which our ancestors lived.  unfortunately.

berenger is on to something as well,  think of it in motorhead terms:  a v12 will burn more gas then a silly lawnmower. if you have bigger muscles,  mearly existing costs more energy the if you have small ones,  not to mention actually moving about  : )
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 01:33:30 pm »
I never said eat many times a day to speed up your metabolism. I personally eat 3, max 4 times a day. It's just unhealthy to eat only once per day, and it will make you gain more fat than eating several meals per day.

Especially combined with training of whatever kind, it would be totally retarded to eat only once per day.
Why, because you said so? In that case, it is unhealthy to eat more than once a day.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 01:46:33 pm »
Uh, no it won't. The whole "eat many times a day to speed up your metabolism" thing is mostly a marketing trick. At best it'll burn 10 to 20 calories more. Eating once a day is how our ancestors ate and what our bodies are adapted to.

Marketing trick for what?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 01:53:13 pm by Umbra »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 01:47:11 pm »
+4

Illuminati merchandise obvs

Offline Umbra

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 01:52:21 pm »
+2
Illuminati merchandise obvs

Illuminati approved food for 5-6 times a day eating. Its different from one meal a day food of course  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 01:58:27 pm by Umbra »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 02:47:52 pm »
Marketing trick for those who benefit from it obviously.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 03:07:57 pm »
+1
Umbra you don't have to make it so complicated man. It's very simple actually.

First law of thermodynamics: energy in = energy out.
If you burn more than you eat you will lose weight.

How to eat less?
1)Artyem posted myfitnesspal.com, this is where you start. Countig calories is probably the only way that works. You can eat less and cut out sweets but it will go slower and you will underestimate what you eat.

2) eat healthy: you need fats, proteins and carbs. Sugar should be minimized.

3)skipping breakfast: somebody already mentioned this. The body isn't build to be stuffed all the time. We need a daily period of fasting where our insulin is low. During this period your body will be able to rapidly burn fat instead of 'scraping' it off. I suggest not eatingg untill 1 or 2 pm, this will also render you less hungry and tired.
If you want to take it a step further, have a 'undereating window' after your fasting window where you don't eat any carbs (except green veggies) and keep your protein intake under 25-30g. Fats don't raise insulin so don't worry about those.

How to burn more?
1) cardio is hands down the best way to burn fat. This video explains why. (on my phone so shitty link). This doesn't mean lifting or HIIT is bad, doing both cardio and lifting will increase your muscle mass (noobgains) and will burn fat! The extra muscle you put on will also help you raise your metabolidm.

Don't overthink stuff like your heartbeat etc... There is no need for that

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKLpYtZ19Q&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNGKLpYtZ19Q

(shitty link because of phone)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 03:52:58 pm by no_rules_just_play »

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 03:12:18 pm »
Hey guys, you know you have to eat 6 meals/day? Yeah even when you are at work where you don't have time to prepare an actual meal.
Here take this, it's a protein shake so you can use it as meal replacement. Don't forget to eat tons of it, a recent study we just funded says you need to eat atleast 1g/lbs bodyweight.

Also if you don't have a shitload of protein 5 minutes after your training you will lose all your gains. Ofcourse it has to be protein powder from our brand because otherwise your body won't break it down.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 03:29:56 pm by no_rules_just_play »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2013, 03:16:22 pm »
+1

How to eat less?
1)Artyem posted myfitnesspal.com, this is where you start. Countig calories is probably the only way that works. You can eat less and cut out sweets but it will go slower and you will underestimate what you eat.

3)skipping breakfast: somebody already mentioned this. The body isn't build to be stuffed all the time. We need a daily period of fasting where our insulin is low. During this period your body will be able to rapidly burn fat instead of 'scraping' it off. I suggest not eatingg untill 1 or 2 pm, this will also render you less hungry and tired.
If you want to take it a step further, have a 'undereating window' after your fasting window where you don't eat any carbs (except green veggies) and keep your protein intake under 25-30g. Fats don't raise insulin so don't worry about those.

How to burn more?
1) cardio is hands down the best way to burn fat. This video explains why. (on my phone so shitty link). This doesn't mean lifting or HIIT is bad, doing both cardio and lifting will increase your muscle mass (noobgains) and will burn fat! The extra muscle you put on will also help you raise your metabolidm.

Don't overthink stuff like your heartbeat etc... There is no need for that.

http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC0QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNGKLpYtZ19Q&ei=_o-5UrqgCKfmywPQ1oHABQ&usg=AFQjCNHlWS_w0yJKuZJh47KVdwSCFOuxMA

+1 Besides skipping breakfast. Especially if you go to the gym/exercise before lunch time or got early work n shit.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 03:18:13 pm »
+2

How to eat less?

How to burn more?

Don't overthink stuff like your heartbeat etc... There is no need for that.

http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC0QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNGKLpYtZ19Q&ei=_o-5UrqgCKfmywPQ1oHABQ&usg=AFQjCNHlWS_w0yJKuZJh47KVdwSCFOuxMA

Says losing fat is simple.

Posts manifesto to prove it.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1765
  • Infamy: 2458
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 03:20:20 pm »
+2
It is simple for most of the guys around here. They are 15-21 years old, don't forget that :wink:

Offline Umbra

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 03:23:27 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Whatever works for you is great, i simply posted what worked for me. I encourage everyone to find their own routine, get fit, and live a healthier lifestyle regardless of age.
I would personaly strongly disagree about skipping breakfast, but every body reacts diferently. If you get results this way, by all means go for it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 03:26:43 pm by Umbra »

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013, 03:27:46 pm »
That doesn't mean you can't build in a fasting period;)

Having mine from 9pm to 1pm perfectly fits my training, I have my overeating period perfectly after it so my insulin spikes like crazy (insulin is needed for muscle growth)
I got my scheme from 'the renegade diet' by jason ferrugia. He has a whole chapter on alternatives if you have your training in the morning ;)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 03:42:17 pm »
+2

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.