Author Topic: hints for playing PLANETSIDE 2  (Read 11231 times)

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
Re: hints for playing PLANETSIDE 2
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2014, 10:08:46 am »
I couldn't get use to that UI. I mean your hp/shield at the middle.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2014, 11:53:17 am »
Oh well I made a bit of a compromise, put my GFX quality on medium but I have to live with degraded FPS in a huge firefight, and 75% render.

Infiltrators are a complete joke on this setting. It's just weird, like a "KILL ME I RUN HERE" sign is above them or something.

Hope they come up with a solution for infiltrator update, so SMG infils can't farm people with bad computers

Well the current problem with infils is that using your cloak is kind of a coin toss. On normal settings it's too easy to spot you and on low it's impossible. If your enemy is on a crap pc, you win, if he is not, you very likely lose. And you have no way to know whether or not the enemy can see you beforehand, so really using your cloak to cross fields in plain view etc. is kind of frustrating. Don't get me wrong, most of the time it works and the imperfection of the cloak forces the user to be very tactical with it, which is kind of good, it just doesn't seem to be implemented in an ideal way right now. But Infiltrators are constantly getting balance updates at the moment so it will probably change in the near future.

I personally can't use BASRs in this game, I don't have the patience to shoot at stationary targets and I suck at timing my breath.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »
I did try VS, it's easy mode.

-low recoil
-no bullet drop
-decent damages
-high rate of fire.
-highly agile scythes and magrinder.
-good accuracy

I  don't get why they don't get nerfed. Compared to NC and TR, it's the best faction to play, really ...

NC :
Good damages but high recoil + low rate of fire, plus the low speed of bullets.
Heavy tanks but really slow and low maneuverability. Same goes for specific aircraft.

TR :
-decent accuracy
-High capacity for ammo
-high rate of fire
-high bullet speed
-high recoil.
-tanks with really good rate of fire, dencent speed, but still a bit vulnerable.
-aircrafts with a lot of speed, but same as above -> vulnerable.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2014, 06:36:33 pm »
NC is FOTM overpowered and overpopulated.

It's not 2012 anymore, I don't get it why people are still stuck calling NC "hard mode"

I kinda agree with the VS thing but NC is the shit these days.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2014, 07:47:08 pm »
I played all factions and I find them all fairly easy, mainly coz there are always enough shitplayers on the enemy factions to kill.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2014, 08:14:23 pm »
I still find myself mostly wanting Vanu stuff when it comes to small arms, because I feel I can use better accuracy and lower recoil much more effectively than bigger bullets.

Anyway, TR small arms suck, that's for sure. Unless someone actually cares about magazine size. I don't. Want proof ? The only decent LMG we have is inferior to the VS starter LMG.

About other ES stuff, it's kind of a mixed bag. It really depends on what you are going to use and that kind of things gets higby'd every month or so. Take the new ES snipers. I really like the one we got as TR, even though the guys that actually play the infil as a sniper hate it, because it's not bolt action yada yada.

But lately it seems TR stuff got nerfed, VS stuff got nerfed a little bit and NC stuff was basically left untouched. Both lockdown abilities are retarded, nobody uses lockdown on a max. Nobody uses an ES secondary on the prowler, because the Vulcan has been nerfed to shit, and the marauder is basically useless. The mosquito got hit harder by the nerf bat for literally no reason, nobody uses the rotary. All that while I never ever see a vanguard without its OP thing on top, or a magrider without Saron. ZOE got nerfed down to mostly unused, which comically makes the NC shield the most used ES max ability. The Striker was stupidly overpowered before, now it's unusable. I see the the beam thing of the VS used like once a week, yet I constantly see the NC TV guided bullshit.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2014, 09:32:53 pm »
I fucking love the Saron, makes big laser pew pew sounds.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2014, 01:28:21 am »
I still find myself mostly wanting Vanu stuff when it comes to small arms, because I feel I can use better accuracy and lower recoil much more effectively than bigger bullets.

Anyway, TR small arms suck, that's for sure. Unless someone actually cares about magazine size. I don't. Want proof ? The only decent LMG we have is inferior to the VS starter LMG.

About other ES stuff, it's kind of a mixed bag. It really depends on what you are going to use and that kind of things gets higby'd every month or so. Take the new ES snipers. I really like the one we got as TR, even though the guys that actually play the infil as a sniper hate it, because it's not bolt action yada yada.

But lately it seems TR stuff got nerfed, VS stuff got nerfed a little bit and NC stuff was basically left untouched. Both lockdown abilities are retarded, nobody uses lockdown on a max. Nobody uses an ES secondary on the prowler, because the Vulcan has been nerfed to shit, and the marauder is basically useless. The mosquito got hit harder by the nerf bat for literally no reason, nobody uses the rotary. All that while I never ever see a vanguard without its OP thing on top, or a magrider without Saron. ZOE got nerfed down to mostly unused, which comically makes the NC shield the most used ES max ability. The Striker was stupidly overpowered before, now it's unusable. I see the the beam thing of the VS used like once a week, yet I constantly see the NC TV guided bullshit.

MAX lockdown is great for point defence, especially with the extended magazine guns.
Turtles

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2014, 05:05:30 pm »

MAX lockdown is great for point defence, especially with the extended magazine guns.

From my VR testing I'd say it needs to deploy a lot faster because you are just a target for rockets and allthat stuff, the animation needs to be faster.

Trying double onslaughts extended while lockdown is INSANE though. That firerate.  :shock:

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2014, 11:07:20 pm »
+1

In a theoretical situation in which you defend something and you can't get a rocket to the face, yes. The problem is that such a situation doesn't exist.

I do use lockdown, but only for AA.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2014, 11:42:49 pm »
Probably i'm the only one who doesn't like MAX class  :lol: I want to be agile all the time. Almost got my first Auraxium Medal with Armistice. Thanks to SOE gave everyone free shotgun its really painfull for a smg infiltrator  :(
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 11:48:16 pm by Xside »

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2014, 11:44:49 am »
Probably i'm the only one who doesn't like MAX class  :lol: I want to be agile all the time. Almost got my first Auraxium Medal with Armistice. Thanks to SOE gave everyone free shotgun its really painfull for a smg infiltrator  :(

Probably the draw back of being an assault infiltrator. I use a long range weapon -> Longshot EM4, and got the Rebel LA8 as pistol, it's quite fine though, even with a bullet drop with the silencer.

And to Christo, I think you don't play on Woodman. Fucking Keepers of the void my old friends are always like 200 per continent, and it's impossible to win an alert. And having a lot of people is not at all the sign of a balance, furthermore, maybe you can describe what is OP, because I would like to fuck up VS transexual alien lovers with it...

And by the way, I did reach the rank of commando ! (BR 35)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2014, 11:47:28 am »
Of course I'm not on Woodman, My main TR soldier is on Miller.

KOTV is just disgusting, but if you look at pop in general NC saw the highest rise lately.

Woodman is just dominated by that zergfit hivemind called KOTV, it's unfortunate.

On what is OP? well maybe it's just a personal thing but their guns work with me the best.

I love the AF19-Mercenary.

Anyway to answer it, that max can instant kill and has lol shield, Vanguard tank is OP and has I-win jesus shield. Those are what I'd call OP.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2014, 01:44:13 pm »
+1
I use a long range weapon -> Longshot EM4, and got the Rebel LA8 as pistol, it's quite fine though, even with a bullet drop with the silencer.

I'm using the RAMS50 for sniping and it's the TR version. I never understand the silencer while sniping. When you cloak your spot will be lost anyway.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2014, 04:54:34 pm »
+1
In a theoretical situation in which you defend something and you can't get a rocket to the face, yes. The problem is that such a situation doesn't exist.

I do use lockdown, but only for AA.

And that's why you use it in a support role. Engineers supporting you, you supporting the rest of the infantry.  Get explosive resistance armor and draw the fire for the rest of your squad.
Turtles