Author Topic: hints for playing PLANETSIDE 2  (Read 10297 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: hints for playing PLANETSIDE 2
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2014, 12:24:58 pm »
And that's why you use it in a support role. Engineers supporting you, you supporting the rest of the infantry.  Get explosive resistance armor and draw the fire for the rest of your squad.

If you draw enemy fire to you you will end up taking two rockets in short succession (or vehicule grenade or even C4) eventually and die, unless you are fighting like 3 enemies in total in which case lockdown has dubious relevancy anyway. Charge is almost always a better option as it compensates the biggest weakness of max units rather than amplifying it.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2014, 02:05:15 pm »
Or just use pro-class Engineer and be a real alpha male, shooting shit, setting explosives, fixing cars n shit bitches, setting up and using a manly as fuck turret, watching the chat rage when the same guys keep walking on your mines, getting shot to pieces by your carbine and getting blown up from 20 metres away by your anti-veichle turret.

Well, I guess that's my way of saying Engineer is the dogs bollocks.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2014, 02:22:09 pm »
Or just use pro-class Engineer and be a real alpha male, shooting shit, setting explosives, fixing cars n shit bitches, setting up and using a manly as fuck turret, watching the chat rage when the same guys keep walking on your mines, getting shot to pieces by your carbine and getting blown up from 20 metres away by your anti-veichle turret.

Well, I guess that's my way of saying Engineer is the dogs bollocks.

You should try out the battle rifle and shotguns, the latter work wonders when assisting maxes and the former is the shiz when shooting at anything past 20 meters.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2014, 04:39:51 pm »
Of course I'm not on Woodman, My main TR soldier is on Miller.

KOTV is just disgusting, but if you look at pop in general NC saw the highest rise lately.

Woodman is just dominated by that zergfit hivemind called KOTV, it's unfortunate.

On what is OP? well maybe it's just a personal thing but their guns work with me the best.

I love the AF19-Mercenary.

Anyway to answer it, that max can instant kill and has lol shield, Vanguard tank is OP and has I-win jesus shield. Those are what I'd call OP.

The AF19 is powerful, but is really slow, and lacks of accuracy. There are a lot more of good carabines, like the Razzer or the AF-19. It's the only avantage of NC to have hard hitting weapons and vehicules... If you say that the NC Max is good, it's a shit about accuracy and reach, and the NC max is imo no worth the TR's one, that is a real murderer with its machine guns. And even if the NC's pop raised recently, it's still composed by stupid rebel teens that don't give a fuck about teamplay !! I think that the most powerful ( or most OP ) faction is VS, and TR and NC got each other a good balance. Just read again my post, and except damages + resistance for NC, and high ammo for TR, there is not a real advantage to play those two factions.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2014, 09:34:56 pm »
The AF19 is powerful, but is really slow, and lacks of accuracy.

uwotm8
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2014, 06:14:20 pm »
You should try out the battle rifle and shotguns, the latter work wonders when assisting maxes and the former is the shiz when shooting at anything past 20 meters.

Yeah on TR I liked using the BR as Engineer, but as Vanu the Pulsar C is a nice Carbine that I enjoy using. Cant remember what I used as NC but it probably would have been the slower rof/higher damage choice, I always go for damage over ROF, just a personal preference. I steer clear of shotguns, they're just not versatile enough for how I like to play.

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2014, 02:45:38 am »
Depends, there is a 100 cert improvement - bullet cartrigess or whatever- that alllows you to make really long shots.

And to anyone that thinks Vanu are transexual aliens lovers, this gold will cheer you up !!

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2014, 07:26:31 pm »
Logged in with NChristo for a bit, jumped into random phalanx turret while people were trying to attack a base.

Perfect bgm

Nailed 14 people without even trying, headshotted a moving Vanu guy from 150 meters, and killed a guy that tried to AV Mana turret kill me about 3 times.  :mrgreen: And they didn't focus the phalanx at all!

Also that moment when you turn the turret around and find a random hill camping sniper just standing there, and light him up.

So much fun  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2014, 07:56:38 pm »
+2
Logged in with NChristo for a bit, jumped into random phalanx turret while people were trying to attack a base.

Perfect bgm

Nailed 14 people without even trying, headshotted a moving Vanu guy from 150 meters, and killed a guy that tried to AV Mana turret kill me about 3 times.  :mrgreen: And they didn't focus the phalanx at all!

Also that moment when you turn the turret around and find a random hill camping sniper just standing there, and light him up.

So much fun  :mrgreen:

This is the reason why hacking phalanx turrets in populated areas is the most awesome thing to do in Planetside 2

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2014, 01:07:29 am »
I like it when there is an enemy using it. Hack the turret and kill the guy then put some claymore, start using turret. When he comes for payback with C4 BOOM!  :lol:

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2014, 01:17:37 am »
I would like to try out a new playstyle as infiltrator with small carabines (dunno what is the real name), and I'd like to know if I should get the blitz or the other one with more damages butless ammo...

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2014, 01:37:59 am »
Most of the time you will use hipfire. So if you trust your aim go for high damage less ammo if not more ammo less damage.  Other then that, you may end up in a  2vs1 situation, more ammo can save you. For example i'm using extended magazine on my ''SMG-46 Armistice'' instead of laser sight.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:42:11 am by Xside »

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2014, 12:28:59 pm »
Most of the time you will use hipfire. So if you trust your aim go for high damage less ammo if not more ammo less damage.  Other then that, you may end up in a  2vs1 situation, more ammo can save you. For example i'm using extended magazine on my ''SMG-46 Armistice'' instead of laser sight.

I feel a huge difference about the time you can spend shooting with 50 bullets and 25 ones. Will probably go for the 50 bullets one (armistice ?). Thanks for the answer !

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2014, 02:03:40 pm »
SMGs are quite a tough choice. I feel that you can zap people at close range with the Armistice, while the Hailstorm is slightly slower to kill but gives more breathing space, which is sometimes useful. The higher RoF of the Armistice is always useful though. You would do well to not forget the NS-7 (the MKV Suppressed is as it stands not very good), as it gives superior versatility, which is very valuable when you can reliably get the drop on people.