Author Topic: hints for playing PLANETSIDE 2  (Read 11242 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: hints for playing PLANETSIDE 2
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2014, 11:19:57 am »
I think I've done a grand total of one roadkill with my mossie, but I never actually tried so it was purely accidental.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2014, 12:58:21 am »
Ok here's my review on each faction on Miller.

TR(main): Awsome organisation! We even tried the squad deploy in galaxy thing and keep reinforce. Squad leaders didn't leave their galaxy so everytime we did squad deploy we were in galaxy then to the capture point. They were circling around the zone with the galaxies and protection by a few mossquito. It was really successful.

VS: Great organisation aswell. But most of the vanu players are addicted to max class. Stop using it 7/24.

NC: No! Well they have my favorite weapon(Gauss Saw). But they can't organise at all. Everytime i try a platoon/squad they are spread all over the map and not a single waypoint. It looks like it is the best faction to play solo.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:15:54 am by Xside »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2014, 09:24:07 am »
Looks like TR got shafted again with the new ESF weapons

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2014, 09:47:00 am »
SOE clearly makes TR the bland, boring, unimaginative faction, best get used to it.

We'll never get any fun weapon, and everything we get we'll be nerfed to shit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2014, 11:21:02 am »
Actually I looked a bit more closely and it looks like the new noseguns are universally bad

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2014, 11:54:45 am »
Actually I looked a bit more closely and it looks like the new noseguns are universally bad

They are.

Look up the new Infiltrator weapons, NC will get a sniper rifle that will have an alternative shotgun mode..

What the fuck SOE seriously? Did they forget why shotguns were removed from infiltrators at the first place?

I also can't see cloakers on low settings.. the fuck man.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2014, 06:45:52 pm »
They are.

Look up the new Infiltrator weapons, NC will get a sniper rifle that will have an alternative shotgun mode..

What the fuck SOE seriously? Did they forget why shotguns were removed from infiltrators at the first place?

I also can't see cloakers on low settings.. the fuck man.

There's a specific setting that makes them hard to see but above that they are very obvious at all detail levels. Much too obvious in my opinion. I just unlocked the AMR-66 for the lulz and my god this thing is enjoyable to use, much better than any long range TR LMG that's for sure.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2014, 07:38:45 pm »
There's a specific setting that makes them hard to see but above that they are very obvious at all detail levels. Much too obvious in my opinion. I just unlocked the AMR-66 for the lulz and my god this thing is enjoyable to use, much better than any long range TR LMG that's for sure.

The eidolon has no bullet drop though. ezmode gun compared to AMR-66

btw what setting is that? I don't give a crap about fancy settings but that would be really nice. Lightning maybe?

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2014, 09:57:33 pm »
Yes, i can't see infiltrators at all either. Tried attacking one NC base as TR, 9/10 deaths to infiltrators with SMGs :/

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2014, 10:47:25 pm »
The eidolon has no bullet drop though. ezmode gun compared to AMR-66

btw what setting is that? I don't give a crap about fancy settings but that would be really nice. Lightning maybe?

Bullet drop in this game is a joke unless you use a suppressed SMG to shoot stuff at infantry render distance, and that is only a slight exaggeration. I barely have to adapt for drop on targets where I take the shot with the AMR. At longer distances COF and bullet velocity matter much more, so I just wait until the target comes within a range at which I'm confident I can land enough shots to kill, and at that kind of range, there's little drop. I use it like a LMG, not like a sniper mind you.

About the cloak thing, I believe that if you set your graphics quality to medium then set every other setting to low (except textures which should always be ultra unless you have very little video ram), infiltrators will not be invisible and the FPS impact from this should be manageable.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2014, 12:55:51 am »
TBH infiltrators really don't seem that much of a problem to me. Can always see them when their moving and with a bit of situational awareness this doesn't seem to be a problem.
Turtles

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2014, 10:11:51 am »
+1
TBH infiltrators really don't seem that much of a problem to me. Can always see them when their moving and with a bit of situational awareness this doesn't seem to be a problem.

On low settings they are completely (and I mean completely) invisible when cloaked. It used to be that instead of a deformation, on low settings you would see cloaked infiltrators as some sort of greyish wireframe skeleton, which was much easier to see than what we currently have on anything above low. As a result any tryhard would set his detail level to low to get that advantage. So they removed that. Anyway I realised that most of the timeI spot infiltrators because they cloak/decloak within hearing distance and I start searching for them.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2014, 11:02:03 pm »
(click to show/hide)

having fun with NC sniper, behold the awesome nickname, rekt skrubz erytiem

died only to tankr scrubs l2p 1v1 promod

did it with NC because of the starter rifle, spinning around like a moron getting ez kills is fun

To post something normal, my toaster can't really handle medium settings, so I'm fucked. Basically am a free kill to most infiltrators because they are completely hidden, but sometimes I can see their outlines while on the move. It's weird
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:13:01 pm by Christo »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2014, 11:24:52 pm »
Dat nickname

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2014, 11:30:24 am »
Oh well I made a bit of a compromise, put my GFX quality on medium but I have to live with degraded FPS in a huge firefight, and 75% render.

Infiltrators are a complete joke on this setting. It's just weird, like a "KILL ME I RUN HERE" sign is above them or something.

Hope they come up with a solution for infiltrator update, so SMG infils can't farm people with bad computers