Do you agree with those changes?

Yes
89 (62.7%)
No
34 (23.9%)
Yes, but... (insert you opinion)
19 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 142

Author Topic: How to nerf archery, without destroying it.  (Read 15677 times)

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
Re: How to nerf archery, without destroying it.
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2013, 11:48:19 am »
How to nerf archery, without destroying it.
Stop making guides for archers  :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2013, 12:07:51 pm »
I made it long time ago  :mrgreen:
Archer forever :D

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2013, 12:09:04 pm »
It doesn't matter, it still exist  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2013, 12:24:22 pm »
How much does weight affect xbows? I see Dave sniping people with almost 70 body armour, which is ridiculous.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2013, 12:32:49 pm »
penalty to ranged wpf should be much higher than it is now if you go over 10 weight...

for ex Dave have effective weight counted to wpf reduction over 30, and he is still sniping ppl, it shouldn't works like that...

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2013, 02:22:58 pm »
I think a reduction in ammo is all that is needed.

Give us the ability to switch between ammo types, knock all quiver sizes down by like 25% and see what happens.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2013, 02:47:15 pm »
i must admit that over the last few days i have not been raging about archers at all, more about throwers and HT's. 1 throwing spear to the body from Torost that took 80% of my health, i have an 8 IF and 65 Body Armour character, he wasn't even moving, although i do think this was  a freak occurence.

Seems like archer pop has gone down and thrower pop has gone up
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2013, 03:41:40 pm »
+3
i must admit that over the last few days i have not been raging about archers at all, more about throwers and HT's. 1 throwing spear to the body from Torost that took 80% of my health, i have an 8 IF and 65 Body Armour character, he wasn't even moving, although i do think this was  a freak occurence.

He threw a throwing spear and bumped karasu which killed him at the start of the round from 100 %. He took off 90 % of Tor's health as well with one throw. I've heard about him in teamspeak. :D

To be honest, with the double xp there has been a lot more infantry returning to play a bit, making the ranged pressure much less noticeable.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2013, 03:43:47 pm »
He threw a throwing spear and bumped karasu which killed him at the start of the round from 100 %. He took off 90 % of Tor's health as well with one throw. I've heard about him in teamspeak. :D

To be honest, with the double xp there has been a lot more infantry returning to play a bit, making the ranged pressure much less noticeable.

yh very true
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 865
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2013, 08:36:49 pm »
+1
What if they introduce wpf synergy effects to throwing and archery, but nerf amount of arrows and rebalance bows again? (it's just silly that those low level bows are so effective)

Of course, synergy for ranged classes can't work like it does for melee. It should only raise melee proficiency and it should scale with ranged proficiency. For example, if an archer or throwers spend most of his wpf in archery/throwery and he has 8 WM, he gets around 70 wpf in 1h/2h/polearms. That way, with minimal further investment they could get to magical number of 100 wpf in desired proficiency. But to counter that, max wpf in ranged category should be nerfed. Currently it's possible to have max 183 wpf in archery and not sure how much in throwing with 8 WM all spent on ranged proficiency. With this change it should be 175 wpf if you spend all points in ranged, or 170 if you spare some for further melee wpf investment. Also with 9 WM it should go up to 180 wpf, 10 WM 185 and so on.

You should also reword melee synergy. There shouldn't be scenario where it gives more than 200 wpf in one category. Buff trihybrids a little bit and nerf those dual melee hybrid minmaxers such as San :P

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2013, 08:47:02 pm »
penalty to ranged wpf should be much higher than it is now if you go over 10 weight...

for ex Dave have effective weight counted to wpf reduction over 30, and he is still sniping ppl, it shouldn't works like that...

There shouldn't be a ranged penalty for non plate armor. Most archers should have similiar accuracy and shooting speed regardless of armor(reballanced so they wouldn't be better than they are now), so that wearing armor would raise the stakes of ranged, meaning that archers would either wear it with associated tribulations, or get outshot by those who do. This way there would be no more peasant archers milking in the battlefield. 2 less reasons to play the class, less money, and being able to do melee even with a crap build. This should have been implemented long ago in place of the weight nerf.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:11:24 pm by Adamar »

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2013, 09:55:58 pm »
What if they introduce wpf synergy effects to throwing and archery, but nerf amount of arrows and rebalance bows again? (it's just silly that those low level bows are so effective)

Of course, synergy for ranged classes can't work like it does for melee. It should only raise melee proficiency and it should scale with ranged proficiency. For example, if an archer or throwers spend most of his wpf in archery/throwery and he has 8 WM, he gets around 70 wpf in 1h/2h/polearms. That way, with minimal further investment they could get to magical number of 100 wpf in desired proficiency. But to counter that, max wpf in ranged category should be nerfed. Currently it's possible to have max 183 wpf in archery and not sure how much in throwing with 8 WM all spent on ranged proficiency. With this change it should be 175 wpf if you spend all points in ranged, or 170 if you spare some for further melee wpf investment. Also with 9 WM it should go up to 180 wpf, 10 WM 185 and so on.

You should also reword melee synergy. There shouldn't be scenario where it gives more than 200 wpf in one category. Buff trihybrids a little bit and nerf those dual melee hybrid minmaxers such as San :P
So if changest you suggestet i will have around 180 in archery and over 100 in melee? Archers too OP, more than now. :)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2928
  • Infamy: 674
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2013, 11:48:37 pm »
+1
According to new char tool, with 27 AGI and 9 WM you should have 198 wpf in archery. I'll rather fight you with 180 archery wpf and 100 melee wpf, because I know you're unable to utilize melee wpf. And extra 18 wpf on top of already high number is huge advantage.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2013, 01:06:28 am »
If I would be allowed to have that much wpf, I'd surely invest those into melee. It's not simply gay to have 194 in archery, it's also pointless and stupid.

At some point, every archer needs to go into melee.

Edit: That is also another reason why I dislike making ranged characters. There is simply not enough wpf left for melee!
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1191
  • Infamy: 1917
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2013, 01:09:19 am »
+1
It's not stupid because you gain damage, accuracy and draw speed.