Author Topic: I hate supermarket workers.  (Read 3990 times)

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: I hate supermarket workers.
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2013, 12:30:19 am »
+3
Yeah, I know. It's only like that in Kaufland here, I considered REWE, Edeka and others "small", because at least here, they are small.

And yes, Germans are a bit weird.  :D

Naa, not wierd but efficient.

Really? everytime you go in a supermarkets the cashiers ask you if your shopping was ok and stuff like that?

As i have said, i have seen this only for one specific chain.
It looks like gatering of customer feedback but i think this is another smalltalk thingy to make you feel better (they try to show interest in your needs).
But this does not work in germanyland (at least not yet) because there are still a few cultural differences.
If i want something specifc, then i do not ask the personal at the cash point but someone of the related department.

The "How are you?" is a similar thing. Then i have to push my first thought aside.
I know that is is only a hollow phrase and they are no false bastards but they just try to be nice.

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2013, 01:30:02 am »
I work at a Grocery Store. Being a shit lord like that would get you fired day 1. Though I only work there 1 day a week now that I'm working as an Engineer 40 hours a week.

Depends on the store, I guess. Walmart has a general policy of being shit lords here(most, though some in the upper neighborhoods are better at being nice) while our company is the exact opposite.

Being a shitlord? Why?  People here (at least me) expect cashiers of a supermarket be fast: put your stuff on the barcode reader, tell you how much you have to pay and  give you the receipt,  that's all what they have to do. I think asking questions like "how was your shopping" would probably be perceived by customers as something annoying and a waste of time.

Naa, not wierd but efficient.

As i have said, i have seen this only for one specific chain.

Sorry i didn't read all the posts.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:42:26 am by Lars »

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2013, 01:45:13 am »
+4
I look like a gypsy (I am a gypsy I think, my dad was from Ozz and was fucking dark skinned), and everytime I go in this one Tesco's shop nearby, the asian security guard follows me around. Once 3 asian guys were blatantly putting chocolate bar multiopacks in their jacket pockets so I walked past (with this dumbass security guy following me) and to next isle. This security guy got such tunnel vision he fucking kinda pushes past them in his hurry to get to end of isle to keep watching me (Im looking in that mirror they hang to stop people from crashing carts etc into each other on corners) and the 3 guys stealing stuff look fucking scared, but start to laugh (of course, I would too) once they realise he hasnt even noticed their excistence.

Racism. Sucks. :D
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2013, 03:07:01 am »
+1
Christo, tbh I've only also encountered nice/friendly supermarket workers. And was the actual supermarket worker (aka cashier) unfriendly to you or was it the guard?

First it was the guard, then I managed to piss off the cashier too  :mrgreen:

tbh I could really get into it if you wrote your own blog Christo.

Zlisch pls stop

LOL yeah supermarket security?  I steal pistachios by doing the self checkout and ringing them up as peanuts.

I would have told security that no, you cannot in fact search my back pack or person.  You don't want my business?  I'll bring my money somewhere else.  Also at electronic stores that want to "look at your receipt", no you can't see my receipt, I'm walking out the door with the items I just paid for. 

Most states in 'murica store employees won't physically detain you even if they suspect you're stealing.  They might try to be intimidating/get in your way and tell you to come with them, but you most likely could laugh at them and keep walking to your car.   It's false imprisonment if they get it wrong so they don't take the chance unless they are certain someone is stealing.

Hah, they completely forgot to ask about searching and got 'offended' by that line I told them, so they didn't even ask again.  :P

Also on this german protocoll-like smalltalk thing, that would drive me nuts. I don't like unnecessary chatter. oO
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:19:43 am by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2013, 11:17:20 am »
+10
in Russian you yourself must ensure that the cashier did not rob you!  :P

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2013, 12:31:21 pm »
+3
In soviet Russia, shops steal from you.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2013, 02:29:58 pm »
+5
Fuck you, come here and open a ćevapčići  shop.

Dude, stop putting all that shit on your letters :lol:

Here a portion for you Lars:
(click to show/hide)

...and for Kafein:
(click to show/hide)

BON APPÉTIT, MESSIEURS !
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2013, 02:10:56 am »
Being a shitlord? Why?  People here (at least me) expect cashiers of a supermarket be fast: put your stuff on the barcode reader, tell you how much you have to pay and  give you the receipt,  that's all what they have to do. I think asking questions like "how was your shopping" would probably be perceived by customers as something annoying and a waste of time.

Sorry i didn't read all the posts.

Do you fella's have Walmart's Over there? Well here in Florida, Walmart is a shit lord for like 6 reasons.
1: 1 Cashier all the time(exaggeration, but the basically make you wait 20 minutes for shit)
2: They treat employees like they are nothing but shit and think that the execs are the real people
3: I'm Biased
4: They fuk up your food cause they don't give a damn (bagging it, handling it, etc etc)
5: Overcharge you and then say it's your fault most times.
6: Jews

Concerning My store, Publix has 1000+ grocery stores because of the exact reason that they take Customer service highly. It's actually their main selling point and there's a lot of people who will shop at Publix just because the competitor(in most cases Walmart now) doesn't do special orders, doesn't help people, makes people wait, etc etc. Americans are a fast moving country, so making someone wait 5 minutes longer is a pretty big deal(even though it's not a lot of time, it gives off an attitude of indifference)

So basically: Culture. I'm sure there's some stores in Germany that Operate similarly to Publix (read it in an Article, the store is trying to Copy Publix's style somewhat) and they've been soaring in the market.

Also, Walmart hate's publix so much, that in FLORIDA ONLY they have a deal in which they'll MATCH BOGO adds from publix. NO OTHER STATE DO THEY DO THAT. That's how BAD Customer NO service can do you.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2013, 01:08:34 pm »
+1
What happens if you break stuff accidentially? Do you have to pay it?

Over here, you usually don't have to. I broke a few bottles and cans of milk and boxes of eggs already, never had to pay it.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2013, 01:46:16 pm »
+1
Do you fella's have Walmart's Over there? Well here in Florida, Walmart is a shit lord for like 6 reasons.
1: 1 Cashier all the time(exaggeration, but the basically make you wait 20 minutes for shit)
2: They treat employees like they are nothing but shit and think that the execs are the real people
3: I'm Biased
4: They fuk up your food cause they don't give a damn (bagging it, handling it, etc etc)
5: Overcharge you and then say it's your fault most times.
6: Jews

Concerning My store, Publix has 1000+ grocery stores because of the exact reason that they take Customer service highly. It's actually their main selling point and there's a lot of people who will shop at Publix just because the competitor(in most cases Walmart now) doesn't do special orders, doesn't help people, makes people wait, etc etc. Americans are a fast moving country, so making someone wait 5 minutes longer is a pretty big deal(even though it's not a lot of time, it gives off an attitude of indifference)

So basically: Culture. I'm sure there's some stores in Germany that Operate similarly to Publix (read it in an Article, the store is trying to Copy Publix's style somewhat) and they've been soaring in the market.

Also, Walmart hate's publix so much, that in FLORIDA ONLY they have a deal in which they'll MATCH BOGO adds from publix. NO OTHER STATE DO THEY DO THAT. That's how BAD Customer NO service can do you.

No, we don't have Walmart here ( at least not in my city), also  supermarket's employees don't put your stuff in bags, you put them yourself, we don't have grocery baggers.
Here it works like this: cashiers pass the items on the barcode reader, they make the goods  slide to the end of the cash, generally the customers ( at least me) stay there and put their stuff in bags and then pay. 

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2013, 01:51:23 pm »
Who the hell shops inside supermarkets today anyway? If your time is really precious, you order your shit then pick it up there or even get it delivered. Taking it to the next level, skip the horrible middleman and go directly for the wholesaler.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2013, 02:13:30 pm »
+1
What happens if you break stuff accidentially? Do you have to pay it?

Over here, you usually don't have to. I broke a few bottles and cans of milk and boxes of eggs already, never had to pay it.

Nope. No break it you buy it Policy.

No, we don't have Walmart here ( at least not in my city), also  supermarket's employees don't put your stuff in bags, you put them yourself, we don't have grocery baggers.
Here it works like this: cashiers pass the items on the barcode reader, they make the goods  slide to the end of the cash, generally the customers ( at least me) stay there and put their stuff in bags and then pay. 

Well, the Publix method works well. We have had a large influx of immigrants from Europe and they love the store because we are "Nice, and do shit they doesn't happen in Europe."

It works, and Publix  is a very wealthy, private corporation.(#3 I think on Forbes largest private Corps.) So while that method is the standard(there are registers that are like that, but the cashier puts it into bags). Like I said, this is really a Cultural thing on the baggers and service. Southerners were always known for being hospitable kind folk. You see it in the attitudes of a large amount of southern started businesses.  Also, I'd never really want to buy shit from England's Markets from what most the immigrants have told me. Sounds like Walmart based experience and I hate that kinda attitude.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2013, 02:41:17 pm »
+2
We had walmart in Germany but they had no chance vs our other stores so they gave up after 10 years. :)
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2013, 03:26:56 pm »
Nope. No break it you buy it Policy.

Well, the Publix method works well. We have had a large influx of immigrants from Europe and they love the store because we are "Nice, and do shit they doesn't happen in Europe."

It works, and Publix  is a very wealthy, private corporation.(#3 I think on Forbes largest private Corps.) So while that method is the standard(there are registers that are like that, but the cashier puts it into bags). Like I said, this is really a Cultural thing on the baggers and service. Southerners were always known for being hospitable kind folk. You see it in the attitudes of a large amount of southern started businesses.  Also, I'd never really want to buy shit from England's Markets from what most the immigrants have told me. Sounds like Walmart based experience and I hate that kinda attitude.

Well, in England, they have to give you reason to grumble. When an Englishman has NOTHING to grumble about, he must get drunk and fight Welshmen, Irishmen, Scotsmen, French, Germans, brown skinned people, or other Englishmen. So they keep them a little irritated so they constantly grumble and complain, because they are happiest this way. If all services were performed perfectly first time, they would have nothing to complain about and general rioting would ensue.
I don't know enough

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2013, 03:43:23 pm »
Zlisch pls stop
Come on, we've lost you ingame, you hardly post on the forums, it's time you make a blog.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.