Author Topic: I hate supermarket workers.  (Read 4001 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: I hate supermarket workers.
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 11:43:55 am »
+5
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is me

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 12:35:06 pm »
I have never talked to any supermarket worker. Actually I have never talked to any worker in any store.  :D
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 01:08:28 pm »
+3
"Guten Morgen, "Grüß Gott", "Tach", "Jododooooooooooooolo", "Heyho", "Was geht?", "Jo", "Bye", "Tschüss", "Tschau"; don't need more. =)

Oh and "Ja, nehm ne Tüte!", "Ne, hab keinen Cent!"
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 01:54:12 pm »
+5
"Guten Morgen, "Grüß Gott", "Tach", "Jododooooooooooooolo", "Heyho", "Was geht?", "Jo", "Bye", "Tschüss", "Tschau"; don't need more. =)

Oh and "Ja, nehm ne Tüte!", "Ne, hab keinen Cent!"
So what is this if not talking? Do you send this straight to their brains?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 03:26:05 pm »
+1
That's not talking. That's rather a forced "being-nice move"... actually I wouldn't need a word myself to buy something, put your stuff in front of the seller and be done with it..  :mrgreen:
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 03:54:39 pm »
+1
tbh I could really get into it if you wrote your own blog Christo.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 05:05:32 pm »
LOL yeah supermarket security?  I steal pistachios by doing the self checkout and ringing them up as peanuts.

I would have told security that no, you cannot in fact search my back pack or person.  You don't want my business?  I'll bring my money somewhere else.  Also at electronic stores that want to "look at your receipt", no you can't see my receipt, I'm walking out the door with the items I just paid for. 

Most states in 'murica store employees won't physically detain you even if they suspect you're stealing.  They might try to be intimidating/get in your way and tell you to come with them, but you most likely could laugh at them and keep walking to your car.   It's false imprisonment if they get it wrong so they don't take the chance unless they are certain someone is stealing.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:09:47 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 06:06:10 pm »
+2
You should create more topic Christo, I miss your writing style  :P

In chocolate chip cookie land, supermarket workers are always very nice, because they have to. The cashiers have to ask every single customer:
"How was your shopping?" or "Was everything ok with your shopping?", if they don't, and the boss sees it, they get cremated.

Fixed.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1240
  • Infamy: 276
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2013, 07:04:51 pm »
+2
Few days before New Years little Leshma (ten years old) went to buy something in local store 10 minutes before closing time. Took the goods and went to checkout, but in the rush forgot to take the money from parents... let's just say that I was labeled as thief and they gave me quite a hard time.

Honestly, don't like supermarket workers. Why? Because those are kids who smoked weed in the park while I was good little nerd. Fuck them.

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 07:10:55 pm »
Christo, tbh I've only also encountered nice/friendly supermarket workers. And was the actual supermarket worker (aka cashier) unfriendly to you or was it the guard?

Few times a cashier has asked did I steal anything (I just walked past the cash desk cause I didn't buy anything, but few of my friends did) but I don't blame him (I get it a lot that I look suspicious).
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 08:21:21 pm »
+1
In Germany, supermarket workers are always very nice, because they have to. The cashiers have to ask every single customer:
"How was your shopping?" or "Was everything ok with your shopping?", if they don't, and the boss sees it, they get fired. At least it's like that in the biggest supermarket in my town, it isn't that harsh in the little shops.

Of course like 99% of all customers just say "Yes" or "Yes, everything fine".  One day, when my mother was really stressed from work and didn't find what she searched for (it was out of stock or they had rearranged some goods in the market) she answered something along:
"No nothing is fine, it's a shit day, and I didn't even find everything I needed in the market, because you always rearrange things every few weeks instead of let everything be in it's place!"
And the till girl was like "Wut the fuck, y u tell me that, it's not my fault?! "
Of course my mother wasn't really serious, and of course she knew if anyone in the market has no fault for things like that, then it's the till girls.
At home she told me that the facial expression of the till girl was priceless.

Fuck dis society, fuck da police, fuck dis system!  :mrgreen:

Really? everytime you go in a supermarkets the cashiers ask you if your shopping was ok and stuff like that?
In the supermarkets here  the cashiers just say "good morning/afternoon/evening",  put the stuff you want to buy on the barcode reader, give you a/some bag/s if you ask ( or they ask if u need some), tell you how much you have to pay, give you the receipt then they say "bye or bye thank you" and that's it.
So do they ask question like "how was your shopping" because it's a policy of the supermarket and the manager gets upset if they don't?
That's a weird policy imo, personally  I expect the cashiers to do their job and be quick, it would annoy me if they ask useless questions like "how was your shopping".

However in restaurants here  when you pay the bill they often ask you "was everything ok" and stuff like that, but they could avoid that, unless they want to offer  a digestive like a shot of grappa/schnapps,  or something like that   :wink: .

It's like when someone asks you (at least in Germany): "How are you?" Nobody expects to hear the thruth or something bad, everybody just expects you to say "Yes, I'm fine".

Yes, i guess it's the same everywhere, it's a shit question imo when it's asked by someone who is just an acquaintance.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2013, 08:23:44 pm »
+2
Yes, i guess it's the same everywhere, it's a shit question imo when it's asked by someone who is just an acquaintance.

So Lars....how are you mate ? How's life ?
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2013, 08:30:13 pm »
+1

So Lars....how are you mate ? How's life ?

Fuck you, come here and open a ćevapčići  shop.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2013, 11:47:31 pm »
+5
ćevapčići

Dude, stop putting all that shit on your letters :lol:

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 11:59:01 pm »
+1
Really? everytime you go in a supermarkets the cashiers ask you if your shopping was ok and stuff like that?
In the supermarkets here  the cashiers just say "good morning/afternoon/evening",  put the stuff you want to buy on the barcode reader, give you a/some bag/s if you ask ( or they ask if u need some), tell you how much you have to pay, give you the receipt then they say "bye or bye thank you" and that's it.
So do they ask question like "how was your shopping" because it's a policy of the supermarket and the manager gets upset if they don't?
That's a weird policy imo, personally  I expect the cashiers to do their job and be quick, it would annoy me if they ask useless questions like "how was your shopping".

However in restaurants here  when you pay the bill they often ask you "was everything ok" and stuff like that, but they could avoid that, unless they want to offer  a digestive like a shot of grappa/schnapps,  or something like that   :wink: .

I work at a Grocery Store. Being a shit lord like that would get you fired day 1. Though I only work there 1 day a week now that I'm working as an Engineer 40 hours a week.

Depends on the store, I guess. Walmart has a general policy of being shit lords here(most, though some in the upper neighborhoods are better at being nice) while our company is the exact opposite.