Author Topic: Terror in the Taiga  (Read 4455 times)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
Re: Terror in the Taiga
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 08:36:29 am »
+5
I'm not trying to 'sling shit', I was under the impression you were working with the GOBBLINS on strat, my apologies for the mistake.

But whatever man, your opinion is your opinion, in my own I don't see it as being very extreme.  I'm pretty sure every large faction has at one point or another declared war on a much smaller faction.  How large was Chevalier when TKoV declared war on them all that time ago?  How large was FIDLGB when FCC wiped them?  How many smaller factions has the GOBBLIN KING consumed?

Regardless, Tretter wanted to #yolo somebody with his army and the Frisians decided to aid us with Derpington's army.  The Ravens offered support, but I figured we may as well give it a shot on our own.

Wait, you were not trying to sling shit in the diplomacy section? :? Now I am confused. Lemme consult my lawyers and I'll get back to you on the rest of that.

Edit: After consulting with my lawyer it has been decided that I should keep my big mouth shut regarding just about everything. I mean this still stinks, but your right that it's par for the course in this community and especially in this shitty iteration of strat.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:51:46 am by Sparvico »
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HungryNBroke

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Are you going to eat that?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Hungry_, Stick_, Hellequin_, Peggy_Hill
  • IRC nick: HungryNBroke
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 08:52:01 am »
+4
And just when Raven was up for nicest clan in NA too. Real pity.

I dont see how strat diplomacy effects this, I would still gladly hangout with any wfa guy or other past "enemies" that wanted to. Strat is not personal, any wars declared are to keep the game from becoming static.
A new place to call home

Yes, having more fiefs than us is a reason to look for a NEW place to call HOME...

if you are part of the CC, the CC fiefs are your home, bitch to raven about not getting rights or something. Secede or something, but attacking one's home for "a new home" if you have a home is illogical.

1 of two things will happen
           1: (CENTRAL CONFEDERACY) Will declare peace with you
           2: (FCC, GOBBLINS, TKOV, HOC, OCCITAN, HOSPITALLER, CHAOS, REMNANT, MB) Gain Dishonorable scum, Removal of Tyrant, Conquest, Vassalize, Cleanse the Heresy, Insult, Illogical Rule, Fallen from Heaven Casus Belli on CC

Since we have not had any diplomatic relations with the WFA in the past, I don't see anything sleazy about this war other than the "attacking a smaller faction faux pas." We are not breaking any treaties, nonaggression or otherwise, and have never lead you to believe that there was a possibility of any form of diplomatic relations between us prior to declaring war . Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I hope we all will avoid taking this so personally and just enjoy the coming war and xp.

edit:
Inb4 the real shit slinging starts
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:55:28 am by HungryNBroke »

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 09:44:43 am »
+6

Sorry that we declared war on somebody in a game about war, how terribly rude of us.

Declaring war on somebody in a war game is not the issue here.

1- I was in wal-mart when I heard of the possibility that we were about to be attacked by CC.  By the time I had peddled my bicycle back to my apartment you had already attacked the two fiefs meaning that I had no chance to take out gold or troop excess which means the entire situation for me is rather screwed up.  When we moved on Ander's fief (as a fief-less faction) we gave him a day to respond and up to 3 days to withdraw if I recall.

2- We were quite happy with being in one practically "un-winnable" war (gobblins).  What would a Tolkien inspired clan be if not faced against impossible odds (and goblins besides)?  This attack is frowned upon because CC is now robbing of the chance to take the fight to our true nemesis. 

3- As you said, it was only days ago that we were playing mandolin jigs in your ts and having a great time.  I had just started building friendships with Jack1, Ingleram, and HappyPhantom has been a long time DTV hero with me.  As Sparvico said, you guys seem to be a pretty cool bunch, so I am still befuddled that we should be attacked by you guys (and all those times I went to Sandersson to make sure he was ok with the WFA merc distribution between CC and FCC. LoL)

(TLDR)
In conclusion:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:51:04 am by Lethwin Far Seeker »

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 09:48:47 am »
+2
(TLDR)
In conclusion:

(click to show/hide)

^ i maed dis

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:53:44 am by Jeade »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 10:34:09 am »
+6
Declaring war on somebody in a war game is not the issue here.

1- I was in wal-mart when I heard of the possibility that we were about to be attacked by CC.  By the time I had peddled my bicycle back to my apartment you had already attacked the two fiefs meaning that I had no chance to take out gold or troop excess which means the entire situation for me is rather screwed up.  When we moved on Ander's fief (as a fief-less faction) we gave him a day to respond and up to 3 days to withdraw if I recall.

2- We were quite happy with being in one practically "un-winnable" war (gobblins).  What would a Tolkien inspired clan be if not faced against impossible odds (and goblins besides)?  This attack is frowned upon because CC is now robbing of the chance to take the fight to our true nemesis. 

3- As you said, it was only days ago that we were playing mandolin jigs in your ts and having a great time.  I had just started building friendships with Jack1, Ingleram, and HappyPhantom has been a long time DTV hero with me.  As Sparvico said, you guys seem to be a pretty cool bunch, so I am still befuddled that we should be attacked by you guys (and all those times I went to Sandersson to make sure he was ok with the WFA merc distribution between CC and FCC. LoL)

(TLDR)
In conclusion:

(click to show/hide)

Everybody is operating on some odd and false precept that people playing strategus are obligated to only attack a faction because you dislike them, and that it is only okay to attack a faction that is exactly your size (inb4 BUT MUH AFK MEMBERS).

We attacked because we were bored and artyem wanted your shit. That's all. You've got fewer members than us, and I'm sorry for that. If you can't get the roster support (which is likely, since 51v51 non XP-only fights are unheard of in NA) I'll do what I can to make some of our mercs sign up for you instead, especially for the village fight.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 10:44:06 am »
+1
Thalion came to our TS earlier and I tried to explain (I was balls deep in a Wargame match) that we really have no truly hostile intent here, obviously we're fighting each other now but that by no means makes it necessary to go at one another's throats.  We're willing to work things out and cooperate as much as you'd like, and we won't be going balls to the wall trying to attack again before you can pull your shit out.

If you have any concerns, feel free to add me on steam, just search "Artyem, the law." and find the Taliband avatar.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 11:10:58 am »
+2
any wars declared are to keep the game from becoming static.

Sounds like goblin talk.  There has hardly been a time to breath between some big war or another.  Strat is not static nor will it become so.  I'm not saying that we aren't all here to have a bloody medieval go at each other but so far in strat I haven't been able to execute a single thought out campaign plan without being randomly attacked because someone was bored and didn't know what to do with themselves.
What is with this instant gratification obsessed OCD culture?

Jeade here agrees with me but he won't say so because he "doesn't want to bury his head into the rabbit hole of RP diplomacy".

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 01:18:59 pm »
+3
to clear our name from the mud...

FCC did not declare war on Bowlers. Chaos attacked one of our traders and we fought the alliance of bowlers/chaos in return. We wiped bowlers land and did a hell of a job on chaos but could not take their bat shit crazy city from them. Then the world declared war on us and we gave the world the middle finger. History of FCC!

Ohay
Leader of BS

Offline Built

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • I guess P.T. Barnum was right
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DWARVES
  • Game nicks: Radsvid, Eirik, Angry something
  • IRC nick: Built
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 02:34:49 pm »
+2

Since we have not had any diplomatic relations with the WFA in the past, I don't see anything sleazy about this war other than the "attacking a smaller faction faux pas." We are not breaking any treaties, nonaggression or otherwise, and have never lead you to believe that there was a possibility of any form of diplomatic relations between us prior to declaring war .

MUH trade pact
Also, James, you were legitimately mad at a rhyming dwarf on the internet.

Offline Built

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • I guess P.T. Barnum was right
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DWARVES
  • Game nicks: Radsvid, Eirik, Angry something
  • IRC nick: Built
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 02:48:52 pm »
+1
This is all really very simple.

Holy dog shit, private, its almost like

They are part of the CC or something and should be complaining to raven for more fiefs or something
Also, James, you were legitimately mad at a rhyming dwarf on the internet.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 04:31:46 pm »
+4

Is it just me or does your drawing resemble a..... Well.... And the snow resembles.... Well...

Sorry but my immature mindset had to point it out.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:49:13 pm by Risen_Jack »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 04:48:47 pm »
+1
It's a war game, stop crying about "uneven" wars.  Notice the key word in the previous sentence is "game".  Your pixel crack will be well protected if you lose it.  Everyone's XP will be happier. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline ildist

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • hehexd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS, THE MATES
  • Game nicks: Ildist_of_Chaos
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2013, 05:57:00 pm »
+12
the real question here is what would a talking butthole do if a weiner started attacking it
Malaclypse: now every time I eat them I think about her that girl's snatch
Malaclypse: it tortures me
That Guy: wat

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 08:09:15 pm »
+5
Id like to remind you guys that all of the land being discussed actually belongs to me as part of the Murderland  development project.  For the time being I will let you have your fun, as my one fief is keeping me busy for now.  Someone dig up my old maps.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 09:10:01 pm »
+1
Who gives a shit about the circumstances around the declaration or the fucking fairness of it?

We all get exp and maybe we'll all have a bit of fun.