Author Topic: Terror in the Taiga  (Read 4435 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Re: Terror in the Taiga
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2013, 09:12:42 pm »
+8
So I've only read like the first five posts but I have to post the following:

SPARVICUNT SHUT UP. YOU HAVE A CASE OF AUTISMANDERS' SYNDROME: HYPER-CRITICIZING THE STRATEGUS ACTIONS OF OTHERS WHILE CONTRIBUTING FUCK ALL YOURSELF. PLEASE STOP. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEAK. YOU MAY RESUME SPEAKING ONCE YOU ACTUALLY FUCKING DO SOMETHING.

EDIT: Saw he came to this conclusion himself, disregard my post.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:17:49 pm by GOBBLIN KING GREAT LEADER »

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 09:22:37 pm »
+1
So I've only read like the first five posts but I have to post the following:

SPARVICUNT SHUT UP. YOU HAVE A CASE OF AUTISMANDERS' SYNDROME: HYPER-CRITICIZING THE STRATEGUS ACTIONS OF OTHERS WHILE CONTRIBUTING FUCK ALL YOURSELF. PLEASE STOP. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEAK. YOU MAY RESUME SPEAKING ONCE YOU ACTUALLY FUCKING DO SOMETHING.

EDIT: Saw he came to this conclusion himself, disregard my post.

Sparvimy old friend*
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2013, 09:36:02 pm »
+7
On a good note the loser gets to be absorbed into the fcc.  We will gladly use your resources for our own plans. You can proceed to helping us kick ass while you get back on your feet to later emerge with more lands than you lost originally. The fcc strat life cycle.
Leader of BS

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 09:47:30 pm »
+7
You will have to excuse Finnian, he's just feeling frustrated. He's put a lot of time an effort into building a strat faction from nothing only to have it stomped on by the big-kids in the playground. Yes, Crpg is about having battles and fun, but thats hard if you get stomped before you can build up the resources to have glorious xp slaughter-fests. When you are small clan farming your own troops and doing your own trade runs without the aid of gear-bugs or a larger player base, you put a lot of heart into what you create.

That said, declaring war on us makes sense. CC has superior odds and resources,  Sungetche Castle is an important strategic position and is a great stepping stone for further expansion against CC's enemies. I understand how proxy-wars and strategic maneuvering work.  We just happen to be the Belgium that stands between you and France. Although, we feel a bit more like Finland vs. Soviet Union. 

Who cares if it is fair?  Well, because we all want to have fun on the game. But it seems like mercs tend to sign up for who they think will win.  I have no problem fighting a superior  faction 10 times our size, but I'd at least like to have enough of a decent roster to make it an entertaining battle! Can you blame anyone for wanting a fun battle? Isn't that why we all play this game?

Anyways, enough talking. Odds be damned, we will fight.  See you on the field.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 10:11:30 pm »
+2
You will have to excuse Finnian, he's just feeling frustrated. He's put a lot of time an effort into building a strat faction from nothing only to have it stomped on by the big-kids in the playground. Yes, Crpg is about having battles and fun, but thats hard if you get stomped before you can build up the resources to have glorious xp slaughter-fests. When you are small clan farming your own troops and doing your own trade runs without the aid of gear-bugs or a larger player base, you put a lot of heart into what you create.

That said, declaring war on us makes sense. CC has superior odds and resources,  Sungetche Castle is an important strategic position and is a great stepping stone for further expansion against CC's enemies. I understand how proxy-wars and strategic maneuvering work.  We just happen to be the Belgium that stands between you and France. Although, we feel a bit more like Finland vs. Soviet Union. 

Who cares if it is fair?  Well, because we all want to have fun on the game. But it seems like mercs tend to sign up for who they think will win.  I have no problem fighting a superior  faction 10 times our size, but I'd at least like to have enough of a decent roster to make it an entertaining battle! Can you blame anyone for wanting a fun battle? Isn't that why we all play this game?

I'm flattered by that comparison to Germany, yet the Finnish part of me is horribly offended by being referred to as the Soviet Union.

Aside from that, you're mostly right with your analysis, but considering that Strategus is likely to come to an end sometime in the following month, I don't really see much of an opportunity to invade France.

well, maybe not in this iteration, that is.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline JJKoshane

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Did I mention that I am Buttguts?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Buttguts, Buttguts, Buttguts, Buttguts, Buttguts
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2013, 10:16:34 pm »
+1
I say that we need to make a map where we are fighting on the surface of Space Shaq.

Offline HungryNBroke

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Are you going to eat that?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Hungry_, Stick_, Hellequin_, Peggy_Hill
  • IRC nick: HungryNBroke
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2013, 10:21:55 pm »
+3

I am glad to see somebody is looking at this from a rational point of view, I hope the others will follow your example. Sandy said,and I agree, that we will do our best to even out the rosters if that becomes an issue. We want a fair and enjoyable war as much as anyone.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2013, 10:52:38 pm »
+3
My claims from 14 months ago are still valid.  I suggest you start learning the proper names for my fiefs.

▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2013, 10:53:59 pm »
+4
Maybe I will have to do something about this Cuntfederacy running around hitting the weak and helpless.

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 11:01:02 pm »
+1
I'm flattered by that comparison to Germany, yet the Finnish part of me is horribly offended by being referred to as the Soviet Union.

Aside from that, you're mostly right with your analysis, but considering that Strategus is likely to come to an end sometime in the following month, I don't really see much of an opportunity to invade France.

well, maybe not in this iteration, that is.

Arytem, I did not mean to insinuate any political/ideological similarities, I was speaking from more of a purely strategic viewpoint.

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 11:05:22 pm »
+1
Sandy said,and I agree, that we will do our best to even out the rosters if that becomes an issue. We want a fair and enjoyable war as much as anyone.

Yes to this and yes to what Thalion posted.

I think that's entirely understandable, respectable and as fair as it gets in a game where a bunch of people are all trying to win.

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 11:53:10 pm »
+4
We'll help you WFA!

You don't stand alone!

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 11:57:05 pm »
+1
FUK YOU ARYTEM I CAN"T PLAY MY ROME 2 CAMPAIGN NOW CAUSE YOU FUKS ATTACKED US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2013, 12:03:25 am »
FUK YOU ARYTEM I CAN"T PLAY MY ROME 2 CAMPAIGN NOW CAUSE YOU FUKS ATTACKED US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree, this is also the most distressing for me also.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2013, 01:07:26 am »
I dont see how strat diplomacy effects this, I would still gladly hangout with any wfa guy or other past "enemies" that wanted to. Strat is not personal, any wars declared are to keep the game from becoming static.
Since we have not had any diplomatic relations with the WFA in the past, I don't see anything sleazy about this war other than the "attacking a smaller faction faux pas." We are not breaking any treaties, nonaggression or otherwise, and have never lead you to believe that there was a possibility of any form of diplomatic relations between us prior to declaring war . Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I hope we all will avoid taking this so personally and just enjoy the coming war and xp.

edit:
Inb4 the real shit slinging starts

tl;dr raven is a bunch of bad betches