Author Topic: Nerf ranged  (Read 14505 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Nerf ranged
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2013, 07:34:31 pm »
+3
If Heavy Xbow and Arbalest were 3 slots each, then the user wouldn't be able to use any other weapon besides a 0 slot weapon (after accounting for the one stack of bolts they'd be able to carry). 

There's literally no justifiable reason to talk about nerfing any classes in the game.  The amount of ranged players doesn't warrant a nerf to the individual archer or crossbowman or horse ranged player.

Just stop already.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1636
  • Infamy: 2285
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2013, 07:35:52 pm »
+1
You obviously don't understand how they balance this mod and items. When something is overused, it gets nerfed. Then, after some time they re-buff that item and so on. By doing that, they force players to use different items. Players also spend looms and gold to acquire new items, which is good for overall balance.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2013, 07:52:13 pm »
+3
You obviously don't understand how they balance this mod and items. When something is overused, it gets nerfed. Then, after some time they re-buff that item and so on. By doing that, they force players to use different items. Players also spend looms and gold to acquire new items, which is good for overall balance.

It works like that because of massive forum QQing

Offline Angellore

• Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2013, 08:48:17 pm »
+4
Today Panos came to the game, and wrote something like:
"I run crpg, go eu_1, see so many ranged, and GTX!". Then he quit obviously.
So I counted ranged on the server:
- 4 archers
- 1 crossbowman
*NOTE: There were also 5 or 6 throwers, but since no one cries to nerf throwers, it's not right to count them as ranged.
There was 37 people on the server that time, so just 5/37 was ranged.

The thing is, people will always cry about ranged, because they obviously are annoyed getting killed by ranged. It's not annoying them to be one hit killed by 1h cav, it's not annoying to die in two hits from 2h hero, but it is annoying to die from 3-4-5 hits by archer. You will never make people happy about this situation, unless you will nerf ranged to the ground, so no one would play ranged then. But is it right thing to do? I highly doubt it.

Stories how people get shoot by archers standing infront right through shield are just pathetic. I played as shielder half a year, was doing pretty well with it, (had 2.6 KDR with few thousands kills), and I never had problem with single archer. I didn't even have problem with more ranged, but you need to know how angles are working, and how to protect yourself right (charging one archer, when the other is shooting at your back/side surely won't work!).
Note: Arrows can only penetrate shields with below 5 def, so I think we can skip talking about those shield, as they are useless anyway.

I'm just sad to see, how most people want to nerf others without any reasonable arguments. Playing archer is one of the hardest thing in crpg already. People don't realise how hard it actually is to play archer successfully.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:53:48 pm by Angellore »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2013, 08:53:12 pm »
+4

That's what I dislike and am lobbying against.  It only happens due to many people on forums bitching over and over and over (rather than sucking it up and adapting like you would be forced to do in a medieval battle situation). 

The mod should not be (and should never have been) balanced around cry babies and whiners who refuse to adapt.  It's the wall analogy. 

You're encountered with a wall, you can either go around, or under, or have a teammate boost you over, or use a ladder to get over it (or some other creative idea).  Or you can cry on the forums and keep bashing your head against the wall and crying that the wall is still there. 

The mod shouldn't be balanced around people who refuse to use teamwork, or refuse to adapt to the situation on the battlefield (or who over exaggerate). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2013, 09:09:40 pm »
+3
It's simple: full wipe would solve everything. By the time they reach level 35 and all their gear loomed again most of them would quit being archers and only those few incurable my old friends like Bagge would remain.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 1341
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2013, 09:11:36 pm »
+1
It works like that because of massive forum QQing

People QQ because their loomed gear get nerfed. It has to be nerfed because people like to min-max and only way to deal with it is to change stats from time to time.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 901
  • Infamy: 2073
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2013, 09:23:47 pm »
+1
It's simple: full wipe would solve everything. By the time they reach level 35 and all their gear loomed again most of them would quit being archers and only those few incurable my old friends like Bagge would remain.

To get to level 35 you need 180 million XP. For MW Bow and Arrows you need 6 loompoints which is 6 generations or ~53 million XP. Combined that's 233 million XP. Currently, with help of XP strat battles, I'll reach level 35 in under 4 months of playing. On average I spend way less time than I did before. Around 4 to 5 hours on average, compared to almost 10 hours per day average... thanks to strat I'll reach level 35 four times faster than I did before.

Of course, there won't be huge strat battles in the beginning but even those peasant battles, if they are fair and at least 600 tickets involved on both sides can give nearly 500 million XP per battle.

My point is, with current system those who know how it works can reach level 35 with loomed gear in 6 months. And we're back to same spot.

That's a way to fix number of archers, but it will nerf everyone. And melee guys tend to complete whole set of loomed armor so it will take them much longer to get on the same level as archers, who only loom weapons in most cases. Also, unloomed bows and arrows will be too strong against unloomed armor. I don't think it's a good idea to nerf everyone.

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2013, 10:06:01 pm »
+2
whiners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a ti lesma si fakat picketina, koju picku materinu stalno places?!
nerf ovo, nerf ono, moja cerka manje place od vas supaka...... odvratni ste majke mi
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2013, 10:06:54 pm »

For sure Gnjus, for sure.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2013, 10:12:16 pm »
+2
But San is right, and as Apsod said on server: Major problem with archery is that there's nothing efficient against them. That's their strength. When they grow in numbers, they are unstoppable on all besides open plains maps.

I'm gonna try not to laugh at this... he he heheh ueuee :)
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2013, 10:22:35 pm »
+2
I'm gonna try not to laugh at this... he he heheh ueuee :)

I'm not laughing, but quietly smiling.

I am the counter to archers.  I carry a heavy shield and wear heavy armor.  I eat archers for breakfast and second breakfast.  I laugh with glee when they flee before me.  I storm groups of archers and scatter them to the winds.  I storm their strongholds.  I take by force their hills.   They quake with fear and wet their undies as I approach to melee distance -- only for me to turn away when they drop their bows as I pursue their counter-part archer instead...until they are all running scared or hopelessly trying to fight me in hand-to-hand combat.  I delight in sneaking up behind them and 1-shotting them.  I am fulfilled by the sound of their arrows harmlessly "thunking" against my shield and the their death-cries as they die.

There is a counter to ranged.  Follow me.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2013, 10:40:37 pm »

I am the counter to archers.  I carry a heavy shield and wear heavy armor.  I eat archers for breakfast and second breakfast.  I laugh with glee when they flee before me.  I storm groups of archers and scatter them to the winds.  I storm their strongholds.  I take by force their hills.   They quake with fear and wet their undies as I approach to melee distance -- only for me to turn away when they drop their bows as I pursue their counter-part archer instead...until they are all running scared or hopelessly trying to fight me in hand-to-hand combat.  I delight in sneaking up behind them and 1-shotting them.  I am fulfilled by the sound of their arrows harmlessly "thunking" against my shield and the their death-cries as they die.

have you been on eu1 when ranged spam is at its worst? :P try sneaking up on 3-6 heavy horse archers and a bunch of other archers and xbowers who for some reason all end up on the same team quite often :/
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2013, 10:46:04 pm »
+1

This explains exactly what I thought after reading this post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-mGkwsTo8kU#t=43

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2013, 10:46:31 pm »
+3
You obviously don't understand how they balance this mod and items. When something is overused, it gets nerfed.

Except for 2h stab and longswords.

Really though, the problem is not the amount of ranged, it's how the classes are balanced when people spawn in. For example, and as stated above, on low pop servers, even full ones occasionally all the heavy cav, ranged, HA whatever gets balanced to the same team. That is what the problem is, in my opinion, not people playing a particular class.