Author Topic: Nerf ranged  (Read 14754 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Nerf ranged
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2013, 05:49:20 pm »
(click to show/hide)

My sociological theory on this is that in NA, people think they have to compensate their manliness by swinging a large weapon, while in EU, people are more relaxed and comfortable as they are, mainly because they are more intelligent, and not so influenced by the body-obcessed american culture.

Of course a gross generalization that.. You find both types on both sides, and both US and EU has particularities according to region, but on NA STR-builds, big weapons actually ARE more prevalent.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2013, 05:58:08 pm »
My sociological theory on this is that in NA, people think they have to compensate their manliness by swinging a large weapon, while in EU, people are more relaxed and comfortable as they are, mainly because they are more intelligent, and not so influenced by the body-obcessed american culture.

:wink:

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2013, 06:03:19 pm »
+2
It's true there is a different str/agi balance on NA and EU, you're right.

I think NA players favor the "big and strong" brute type -- think of the Incredible Hulk or Hulk Hogan or other hulks in popular culture.  Big and bad is the American way.

But why would EU favor more lithe builds?  Maybe it's the compact cities and populations that favor a smaller profile, or their non-GMO veggies don't allow their bones to grow as big.  Who can really say.

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2013, 06:04:06 pm »
You remind me of Chagan Arslan, leader of GK. He also used to lobby hard against any cavalry nerfs, even when that class was clearly broken. After horses were balanced, he decided to quit playing cRPG.
There is a big difference between balancing out things and nerfing things.
For instance, i gave u the example where team work was more rewarding than solo playing and nobody complained, while in "normal" situations everyone complains about every class (1h STAB OP NERF, ARCHER OP NERF, 2h OP NERF, CAV OP NERF, XBOW OP NERF...).
I agree that bows should not deal much or any damage to full plate (except long bow with heavy bodkins), but im also for arrows insta killing low armor guys and heavier bows with heavier arrows should insta kill medium armors (body shots). But since we are not talking about realism but about game play let me put it this way.
All players that are too dumb to go solo and try to kill anyone are retarded cus arrows/bots/throwin weapons/cav waits for those retards. Those mention classes that wait for retards figured out that ppl are easy to kill when they go alone, while the ppl who go alone are too dumb to get that they are food in most cases.
Stick to the team and enjoy. Go solo and come to the forum and cry.
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2699
  • Infamy: 1050
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2013, 06:06:37 pm »
You're native player, aren't you?

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2013, 06:11:12 pm »
+1
You're native player, aren't you?
Only multiplayer m&b i ever played was cRPG (i exclude maybe several native games with a few friends).

Also, what i forgot to mention in previous post. Im not lobbying against archer nerfs, im lobbying for balance. Although balance is sometimes even more retarded as we can see cRPG now - 1st 2h lol stab was rly potent, then it got a bit nerfed, then they buffed all other stabs and the mod is pretty much retarded. The amount of retardedness is so obvious that i can 1h stab almost anyone and never glance with 0 ps and 1wpf, same goes with other stabs. I couldnt do that before all that balance. I stopped playing my melee alts cus its too retarded and too easy to play melee char of any class. Archery is still a challenge, but no lets nerf it more so you have 2 archers per server that are just being there as some kind of spectators that cant do anything. That will fix the game. Yay Leshma!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 556
  • Infamy: 2675
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2013, 06:15:12 pm »
+1
This is not about 1h stab or archery damage, this thread is about amount of archers on servers and only temporary cure for that is nerf. Happened before plenty of times.

Native is basically what you say, if you're not ranged bring a shield. Teamplay blah blah. Well, you have to realize that many people who play cRPG exiled from native. They dont' want cRPG to become ranged fest like native is. This is and always were, predominantly melee oriented mod.

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2013, 06:19:41 pm »
+1
This is not about 1h stab or archery damage, this thread is about amount of archers on servers and only temporary cure for that is nerf. Happened before plenty of times.

Native is basically what you say, if you're not ranged bring a shield. Teamplay blah blah. Well, you have to realize that many people who play cRPG exiled from native. They dont' want cRPG to become ranged fest like native is. This is and always were, predominantly melee oriented mod.

If you are not for a team play then i dont get why anyone should even read what you are writing. As far as i know in every other game that has more than one class or different weapon types ppl take that difference to create a functioning team (random ppl or clans, doesnt matter) to make the best use of that difference. Im done talking to you and i hope others will do the same. This tetris mentality is the only thing that is killing this mod, not the ranged, cav, 2h, 1h, hoplites or any other class. Tetris - no team, cRPG and similar games - team work is the key.

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2013, 06:28:54 pm »
how that is a problem
because this game is about grinding exp to loom stuff ? if a melee dude needs to loom weapons or armor to live longer and get more damage done, why ranged doesnt?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:31:59 pm by pingpong »

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2013, 06:32:26 pm »
Ranged amount is a problem, true. But really... 3 slots for an xbow? Light xbow and xbow have been made obsolete already with the change to 2 slots and now you're suggesting 3 slots? With bolts that would make 4 slots, limiting xbowers to 1h 0-slot weapons. Furthermore you're greatly encouraging kiting/running.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2013, 07:07:17 pm »
There is a big difference between balancing out things and nerfing things.
true

quota = balancing;
changing stats of gear or builds = nerf/buff

Also Thomek, really your going with a loss of  freedom ^^ argument.(NSA invading my privacy ...)
In similar ways there are quotas in nativ. How cRPG does it we can choose our own gear wich is far better then nativ, but i don't see a loss of freedom, when the server tells me, "please change your char OR your weapons of choice as it is currently represented too often." It is a regulation not a permanent prohibition. Next time you login you can play again with your build or the weapon you like to use mostly.

I personally would like rather to be forced to play a different class or weapon, then have to endure 30%+ ranged players or die of bordom joining the unholy crowd of ranged.

Then again if you guys would like to get on the nerf bandwagon, well nerf the hell out of ranged, more then enough suggestions have been done.

(click to show/hide)
Teamplay my ass, when i often get online in the evening i want to have just a few fun hours, that maybe with teamplay that maybe completly mindless and/or without teamplay, but please dude get of your high horse we are here not contesting for the para-olympics even though when i look at some clans you may just think that is the case ^^.
If you want to teamplay, good for you, but dont make it an arguement to forbid someonce voice or discredit him, that in my opinion was a very narrowminded statement of you, even though he attacked you first.

@Leshma
I never liked the argument only because i am a shielder i am totally biased for anything concerning that class. I like to believe as i have more expereince with that class i maybe able to contribute better insights. I would like to give EnDotter and his clan of ranged lads(i dont really hate you ranged my old friends  :wink: only when you shoot me  :rolleyes:) the same curtesy.

Banner Balance
while i have seen now often that both teams often have over 40% ranged, then sometimes there are the extrems, where one team consists nearly only of ranged and some cav ... and the other team has whatever players still playing infantry ...
These rounds are more likely to be compared with "march to/of death" then a "fun experience".  When i witness such rounds over 2-3 maps, normaly i then also witness players logging off. Wonder wich players ... wonder why ...

2 Years back, banner balance was a wonderful thing so clans members can play together in one team, it still would be, if we would have more clans and more fresh blood, both but i see stagnating. Therefor the importance of banner balance stagnating too, the importance of a good team balance increasing.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 878
  • Infamy: 2372
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2013, 07:15:29 pm »
+1
With bolts that would make 4 slots, limiting xbowers to 1h 0-slot weapons.

Which are excellent. Longer weapons (2H, Polearms) have negative effect on movement speed, shorter 1H are match in heaven for ranged.

Edit: Not sure do you remember, but I was the first who publicly stated that Large Bardiche is a bit OP. That was months ago. Currently, there is one handed sword very similar to Large Bardiche and it is 0-slot. Shouldn't write this here because I'm planning to use that weapon myself so it's fairly obvious don't want to see it nerfed. Because, if you tell something to one person it spreads like fire and all of a sudden you see ton of masterworked versions of that weapon on the ground and that's when Paul/Tydeus duo decides it is time for nerf.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:24:01 pm by Leshma »

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2013, 07:23:19 pm »
Which are excellent. Longer weapons (2H, Polearms) have negative effect on movement speed, shorter 1H are match in heaven for ranged.

Well ok, you seem to not get my point. This game is great because you have many choices, stats and inventory. You want to force people into native classes, which I dont like. If I wanted that I would play native.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 1058
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2013, 07:27:10 pm »
+1
You can always use Crossbow if you want to use Mace alongside it. Lower damage but faster reload. Currently, no one wants a damn Crossbow or Light Crossbow because Arbalest and Heavy Crossbow are overpowered.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2013, 07:31:08 pm »
Oh please... what kind of arguments are you bringing up, you're not even trying.