Author Topic: 2h Bastard Sword Type Weapons  (Read 7374 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: 2h Bastard Sword Type Weapons
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 08:17:50 pm »
+2
Elite Scimitar ghostswing outreaches all 3, so no nurf/change/nothing.

Thanks.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No it doesn't. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 08:18:43 pm »
They are fairly useful. I pick up whenever I come across to one on the battlefield. They are a force to be reckoned with when used in polearm mode with a shield. They certainly fulfill a role.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 08:43:49 pm »
+1
For such a spammy weapon the stab is a bit too long and good. Maybe buff the stab with similarly priced polearms
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 08:59:58 pm »
+6
For such a spammy weapon the stab is a bit too long and good. Maybe buff the stab with similarly priced polearms
Oh yeah, I forgot the price.

All of them are WAY too good for their price. Compared to similarly priced 1h/poles it's just silly.

Apart from the Long Axe or Long Bardiche, there really isn't any poles with the overall quality as the longsword/bastard sword for the same price. Same goes for ALL the sub-7k non-axe 2hs.

The price really need to be adjusted for a lot of sub-7k 2hs. Especially the swords.

Compare the Longsword to the Long Arming Sword for example. The longsword is faster, longer, more cut and only 1 less pierce (or 6 MORE pierce if you count the secondary mode)

"But Jarlek" Says the 2h QQ hero. "The LAS can be used with a shield. That makes them totally balanced compared to the longsword!"

To this I have to say:
1. Shields cost money so saying "but it can be used with a shield" doesn't change the fact that the price for the two items compared to each other retarded. Sure, a 2h can be faster, longer and more damaging because the 1h can be used with a shield (for some reason). But when the 2h is also cheaper without the shield being bought at all, something is fucked up.
2. The Longsword can also be used with a shield. You're talking about using it with a shield without any penalty.
3. You're an idiot.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Thumper

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: SecretTammo
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Folkvangr
  • Game nicks: Thumper, Tammo
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 09:01:37 pm »
+1
Re texture the HBS so it is easier to see (Like longsword) that would be the only thing I would want

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 09:05:03 pm »
+3
@ Jarlek - I'm a LS user and I have no problem with raising the prices...I agree...they are dirt cheap.

(click to show/hide)
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 10:00:38 pm »
+2
Seriously, how can anyone call the miaodao OP? It's hardly one of the best 2hs...

I just think for 97 speed at +3 its damage shouldn't be so high. 40 cut, maybe even 41, or a speed reduction.

Found old miaodao stats and like these more:

(click to show/hide)

The bastard sword weapons' prices were okay before they got buffed. (included old katana for comparison)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

They were increased in tiers of power from the damage and speed increases, but prices were left the same. (And katana's still expensive)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 10:13:16 pm »
@ Jarlek - I'm a LS user and I have no problem with raising the prices...I agree...they are dirt cheap.

(click to show/hide)
I'm a LS user myself, but that was way before the buff and because it could be used on horseback.

It's nice to see that not everyone is biased, but you gotta agree there's a lot of them.

(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 11:52:18 pm »
+1
Should be able to use with shield with less of a speed/damage penalty.
Using a bastard sword with shield should be about the same as using a long arming sword with shield -- in terms of speed/damage. 

Other than that, I think they are fine.  Great weapons, but still take skill to really kick ass with them.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 12:02:35 am »
+7
Could increase effectiveness with a shield, but reduce effectiveness slightly without. To get an idea of what I mean, think 32 base damage but 94 speed with a shield, and -1/2 speed from the 2h mode. Utility wise, that's a lot better, as a 2h weapon, some might even call that balanced. Oh, and increase cost of course.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 12:14:19 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Something needs to be done with all bastard type weapons. Having two systems the automatic and the X is no good.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 12:21:07 am »
+1
I like that a lot, Tydeus.
94 speed and 32 base damage would be longsword, right? So HBS/BS/Katana would get 95-96 speed? I think that's good, too. Would give more variety of really long and somewhat slow 1hs other than the arabian cav sword.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2013, 12:23:50 am »
+1
Could increase effectiveness with a shield, but reduce effectiveness slightly without. To get an idea of what I mean, think 32 base damage but 94 speed with a shield, and -1/2 speed from the 2h mode. Utility wise, that's a lot better, as a 2h weapon, some might even call that balanced. Oh, and increase cost of course.

I don't think reducing the 2h effectiveness is so good though, as most people consider it balanced.

Just right now there is absolutely no point in using it with a shield unless you have a death wish.

I would suggest giving it 94 speed, 29 damage with shield (kind of shitty for a 1h, but usable), and leave the 2h mode as is.  Just my point of view!

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 12:59:03 am »
I like those thoughts, a couple of questions though:
How would the 1h/2h mode work? Same as now, or like with the langes messer (pressing x). In the second case, would it even work as you would have a weapon that would have 3 modes (1h, 2h, pole)?
Would the Morningstar also get reduced penalties with a shield? (since it is 1h/2h like the bastards)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 01:50:55 am »
+1
Can't set the damage exactly since it's done through penalties, but the penalties themselves can be changed as they've already been changed before, just takes convincing cmp.

I like those thoughts, a couple of questions though:
How would the 1h/2h mode work? Same as now, or like with the langes messer (pressing x). In the second case, would it even work as you would have a weapon that would have 3 modes (1h, 2h, pole)?
Would the Morningstar also get reduced penalties with a shield? (since it is 1h/2h like the bastards)
Yes, the morningstar would also get a reduced penalty. Alternatively the pole could get mode removed, in which case they could be turned into 1h where you activate the 2h with x, but this could come with some side effects of its own, not sure exactly.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:02:52 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character