Author Topic: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)  (Read 49842 times)

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
Re: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2013, 12:55:37 am »
+3
Am I the only one who thinks that I might just go str whore after this? yeah I would be slow but with the giant increase in agi builds I would be taking like fuck all damage :D

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2013, 01:09:43 am »
+3
agi builds do a fuckton of damage...
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #257 on: November 11, 2013, 01:25:44 am »
Well, that rework is not that bad(I don't like these str maul builds :P ) but I don't like this, that it will hit a bit damage of yet normal str builds(3 to 5 wm) but agi builds seems to be buffed to much(that jump from ~175 to 200184 wpf + more dmg :| WOW). The thing I don't like the most is nerfing balanced hybrids, that's just wrong. WRONG.
Need to rethink my builds...
8WM right now allows you to get 172 WM, after the patch it'll be 184, as per the graph in the OP.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #258 on: November 11, 2013, 01:27:19 am »
thanks graph

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #259 on: November 11, 2013, 01:30:55 am »
Yes.

Hmmm, as far as I've noticed higher WPF seems to affect the length of time I can hold a small reticule, and my arrows go straighter rather than veering off. Increasing this IMHO isn't a huge buff to an archer.

It's still up to the archer to manage trajectory and timing, which isn't made that much easier.

As long as it doesn't affect strength of hit I don't think melee will notice much of a difference in archers?
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2013, 01:35:23 am »
Hmmm, as far as I've noticed higher WPF seems to affect the length of time I can hold a small reticule, and my arrows go straighter rather than veering off. Increasing this IMHO isn't a huge buff to an archer.

It's still up to the archer to manage trajectory and timing, which isn't made that much easier.

As long as it doesn't affect strength of hit I don't think melee will notice much of a difference in archers?
You forget that WPF also makes your arrows do more damage.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #261 on: November 11, 2013, 01:39:36 am »
reimbursing something like 6 Strength attributes and however many skill points that amounts to(This is currently the plan)

i don't understand. added to whatever we already have? or be able to respec up to those amounts? or what.

-edit-
oh saw edit cool
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:42:48 am by Dooz »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2322
  • Infamy: 741
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 11, 2013, 01:41:33 am »
+11
Instead of getting fun patch aka buffed melee hybrids, we are getting lazy ass spammer patch :(

Seriously, how come none of you see advantages of melee hybrids running around in packs. Playing whole time with just one weapon make you specialized because you're used to it and its length. But when you use more than one weapon per round/map you'll have to adapt a little bit every time and won't be as effective like when using one weapon all the damn time. Also, using more than one weapon is fun.

Bring us fun patches!

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #263 on: November 11, 2013, 01:42:18 am »
wpf_gained_per_WM_increase = 55 + 20 * new_WM_value
wpf_gained_per_AGI_increase = 14
sum formula: 15+55*WM+20*(WM*(WM+1)/2)+14*AGI
cost formula: floor(.0005*wpf^2+3)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #264 on: November 11, 2013, 02:01:57 am »
+4
You forget that WPF also makes your arrows do more damage.

Tested this already with Urist's archery damage calculator.

So if for an 18/27 6PD 9WM archer you think 1.4 (61.30 to 62.69) more raw(meaning you can expect the actual difference to be cut down to half a point after armor) damage is a large difference, then sure. Huge buff. Keep in mind this is 1/3 of the damage you'd gain if we buffed ammo or bows by 1 damage, or 1/6 of what you'd gain by adding 3 more str and 1 more PD.  :wink:
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2013, 02:09:28 am »
Arrow damage is also reduced by distance, dont forget it. Those numbers (if they are accurate) apply only for point plank hit. The further the target the lest the damage.
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2013, 02:13:43 am »
+8
You're level 34 you suffer a penalty basically(removal of free wpf based on level), but you've also got that triple hybrid build, so the numbers aren't going to be pretty.

Here are what some of the possible splits would look like.

88/88/88
82/82/98
75/75/108

Lowering STR by 3 and getting one more WM gives...

99/100/100
95/95/108
88/88/118

For the sake of upkeep though, I'd consider making sure your highest effective melee wpf stays above 100.
Haha, very sorry. I corrected it.Yeah, that was a typo, very sorry.

Thanks for explaining Ty, I appreciate it.

This is very disappointing for me though since the only thing that kept me engaged in this game for this long was my variety in play styles (together with my thousand alts). If I am being forced to cut down to a simpler build it will take a lot of the fun out of it for me.

Plus in general, the nerf for hybrids seems like it would lead to a simplification in the game with less "class" variety. Is there no way to make the changes without hybrids being negatively affected? If you ask me, diversification should even be buffed, since it sacrifices the min/maxing capabilities of more dedicated "classes". It is also more team oriented to play as a hybrid, since you can switch to whatever role your team is lacking during a battle.

Any way to address this?
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #267 on: November 11, 2013, 03:12:31 am »
Tested this already with Urist's archery damage calculator.

So if for an 18/27 6PD 9WM archer you think 1.4 (61.30 to 62.69) more raw(meaning you can expect the actual difference to be cut down to half a point after armor) damage is a large difference, then sure. Huge buff. Keep in mind this is 1/3 of the damage you'd gain if we buffed ammo or bows by 1 damage, or 1/6 of what you'd gain by adding 3 more str and 1 more PD.  :wink:

Ok.. good to know. I didn't realise WPF also added to damage.

How many 18/27 archers are around? I've only ever managed to go to level 32 at 18/24 (6WM / 172 Bow WPF)

Arrow damage is also reduced by distance, dont forget it. Those numbers (if they are accurate) apply only for point plank hit. The further the target the lest the damage.

Yup at point blank I'm usually about now dropping my bow (arrows) so I can make actual use of my AGI, and glance attacking on my  enemy with my no PS ;)
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 11, 2013, 04:41:48 am »
Think the bigger balance change for 18/27 archers is that they will be able to go 18/24 and more or less maintain the same WPF, freeing up 7 skill points.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #269 on: November 11, 2013, 05:00:30 am »
+1
It has been mentioned over and over at this point that ranged will be balanced to match its current level of effectiveness. How long until the patch after this WPF/WM change, who knows. But it's the next thing on the table.

Also the more I mess around with a character calculator, the more I want to retire from 1H/shield to 18/24 or 18/27 2H when the patch comes around. Then I'll have to respec an alt so I can use all my +3 daggers and knives and cleavers...

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far