Author Topic: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)  (Read 53395 times)

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
Re: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)
« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2013, 01:19:15 pm »
+1
I just have no idea how this idea will pan out for the average non hybrid player. But imo hybrids are kinda fucked.

Only high power throw throwers are fucked. Archers aren't really hybrids anyway with ~50wpf in melee and nobody plays xbow hybrids with less than 7WM. With 7WM you'll have the same build after the patch. Maybe give some love to throwers by adjusting the wpf requirement for throwing?

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2013, 01:21:18 pm »
...But imo hybrids are kinda fucked.
if that would lead to less overall ranged on the servers, then it is a good thing. All other hybrids :(
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2013, 01:26:53 pm »
I just have no idea how this idea will pan out for the average non hybrid player. But imo hybrids are kinda fucked.

6WM will have you at ~113 in each.

So you lose 7 WPF from each at 6 WM I think, although not sure what level Osiris is at, might be that you lose less that 7 at lvl 30. WPP for weapons doesn't matter so much in small changes. Its when you pump lots of points into 1 weapon that you will notice the difference, or if you have it very low. I don't think you should expect to multi class well with low WM
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:32:39 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2013, 01:39:48 pm »
+1
Sounds like a good one, just worried how this will affect my characters as most of them are hybrids or even tripleds(?).  :P
Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1777
  • Infamy: 918
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 10, 2013, 01:49:27 pm »
+5
Breaking my own personal rule here (do not comment on game balance because it's like special olympics) but... I applaud you for removing free wpf but other stuff you've done make no sense.

First of all, ranged hybrids and melee hybrids are not the same and therefore, shouldn't be treated the same. Ranged hybridization gives a player so many options while melee is basically the same way of disposing the enemy while using different animations. Ranged hybrids are an issue, melee not at all.

What you've done here is nerfing full str builds while buffing already quite good balanced/agi builds who invested in WM. And that's good idea but your implementation is awful. Instead of giving more wpf to single profficiency, you should put a damn wpf cap, promoting melee hybridization that way. Ranged hybridization can be fixed with penalties.

But you're Tydeus, and you're working in cooperation with Paul the Master Troll so no wonder you made this mess together... (huge thanks Paul for Commander mode, now cRPG trolls have another way to piss off players by constantly spamming Commander polls mid round)

Offline LaHire

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
« Reply #200 on: November 10, 2013, 01:59:57 pm »
+3
Spam power ,gay update

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #201 on: November 10, 2013, 02:32:30 pm »
+2
Launch the patch!!!

Lets see if it finally kills the mod :D

M O D is DEAD! 2013
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2013, 03:24:32 pm »
+2
You are takling all the time that 18/27 archers will get a huge buff, but I'm wondering how many archers have this bulid.

I have one very simple idea: remove additionall dmg from WPF from ALL clases. It will stop whining about archers, because they will loose some dmg.

All hillarious agi builds like rondel bundle of stickss will get additional dmg only from movement speed, and PS will still be needed to deal a serious dmg.

What do you think about it?
Archer forever :D

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #203 on: November 10, 2013, 03:27:51 pm »
+4
I think some of you need to add or subtract 10-20 wpf from your melee builds(while staying above an effective 100 wpf amount) so you can get a better idea of how much speed were not talking about.

Indeed, what does sadden me, is that low-medium WM hybrids with 1:1, 1:1:1, or some similar wpf splits will be hurt. Unfortunately there isn't a way to keep both of these two where they are. When one type of split gets better the other gets worse. The high ratio splits (2:1 or greater) remain the more important of the types and therefore were chosen to be what was catered to. Most important, because we want archers and crossbowers and especially throwers, to be able(to want) to melee.

For throwers, we can did* easily change the wpf per PT requirement if that has been deemed necessary(probably should), as we're already altering other, similar formulas. Again, for reimbursements to the low str, 0 WM builds, my suggestion is to, on top of the previously mentioned reimbursements, reduce all agi based skills by 1 point. This would allow players to get at least a few more points in WM. Remember, high agi builds do not need 3+ WM because of the points they get purely from their agility.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:00:55 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2013, 03:36:19 pm »
+1
Points from agility?

Now I'm lost :)

So, when is this going to happen again? Near future or December 2010?

Edit: And stop asking the community anything. It's pointless. You'll get 10 opinions from 7 posts and nothing is gained. Announce it properly 1 week exactly before you implement this the way you people think it's best and be done with it :P
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2013, 03:37:17 pm »
For throwers, we can easily change the wpf per PT requirement if that has been deemed necessary(probably should)

Thanks  :D

Example : I'm lv35 , 30 str / 15 agi. The new forumula sound great, but I will have a probleme with the wpf requirement.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #206 on: November 10, 2013, 03:38:57 pm »
+7
i will not go to the dark (agi) side..

stronk to the END!

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #207 on: November 10, 2013, 04:05:51 pm »
+1
my suggestion is to, on top of the previously mentioned reimbursements, reduce all agi based skills by 1 point.

Can you just allow 6 stat points to be adjusted however we like (including skill conversions)? I.e. 3 str+3agi, 3str+6 skills, 12 skills, etc? For instance, I can see a lot of hybrid throwers (4-6 power throw) wanting to ditch throwing now, because they no longer have enough wpf to go around. But none of the reimbursement concepts presented so far allow for those 4-6 points in power throw to be refunded. I'm thinking people like Turboflex, who are something like 27/12 with 5 power throw.

After all, the proposed reimbursement will allow people to easily switch from one pure class to another (just switching wpf from 2h to pole or whatever), but hybrid melee/ranged will be "stuck" as hybrids, since their points in PT/PD won't be reimbursed. Considering this change can potentially screw hybrids, there should be some provision to allow them to switch to a pure melee build.

Thanks for your consideration Tydeus.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:22:37 pm by Phew »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2013, 04:29:27 pm »
Can you just allow 6 stat points to be adjusted however we like (including skill conversions)? I.e. 3 str+3agi, 3str+6 skills, 12 skills, etc? For instance, I can see a lot of hybrid throwers (4-6 power throw) wanting to ditch throwing now, because they no longer have enough wpf to go around. But none of the reimbursement concepts presented so far allow for those 4-6 points in power throw to be refunded.

Thanks for your consideration Tydeus.
It's harder to implement and the -6 str and skill reduction has already been coded. Still, I'm not the one deciding the outcome of the final reimbursement (at least not alone), I'm just keeping the conversation going and throwing out my suggestion for what is the most minimally invasive, least game changing approach.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2013, 04:38:39 pm »
It's harder to implement and the -6 str and skill reduction has already been coded. Still, I'm not the one deciding the outcome of the final reimbursement (at least not alone), I'm just keeping the conversation going and throwing out my suggestion for what is the most minimally invasive, least game changing approach.

What about instead of the -1 to each agility skill, how about a full reimbursement for a single skill of our choosing? This would allow hybrids to drop their PD or PT secondary. After all, a hybrid crossbowman (who already gets the best deal of all the hybrids), gets to easily drop xbow, but a hybrid archer or thrower will be "stuck".