Author Topic: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)  (Read 49862 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2013, 11:45:36 pm »
+2
Nerf for str builds is good and well deserved, buff for agi - high wpf builds... not so much. As few guys said already some very fast weapons are already very hard to block for majority of players, with even higher wpf they will be almost "unblockable" :P I have 18-24 shielder with 174 wpf (6 PS combined with high wpf and MW weapon is more than enough even on EU side). After patch I will have 184 wpf and if I'd change into 15-27 I'd have 198 wpf, 24 wpf more than currently... Even now this build is really strong according to me, espeically with fast weapons liek niuweidao, so I don't think this buff is justified.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2013, 12:05:22 am »
Just image server full of Kinngrims. :D
i dont have 11 WPM, i have 11 shieldskill, so ...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:10:53 am by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 10, 2013, 12:17:18 am »
+3
i dont have 11 WPM, i have 11 shieldskill, so your argument is mute

yeah, I referred more to athletics, but with new wpf curve going full wm(220+) instead of shield looks attractive and pretty much broke the game, its 2010 all over again.
Especially now when so many people have high level cause of strategus.
Theres no single reason to go strong builds, when you get massive damage bonus from wpf and as strong build you cant even stack if, because you need fill wpf first.

I hate strong builds to play or play against, but i am not sure if this change really improve balance between str and agi builds.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #153 on: November 10, 2013, 12:39:59 am »
Nerf for str builds is good and well deserved, buff for agi - high wpf builds... not so much. As few guys said already some very fast weapons are already very hard to block for majority of players, with even higher wpf they will be almost "unblockable" :P I have 18-24 shielder with 174 wpf (6 PS combined with high wpf and MW weapon is more than enough even on EU side). After patch I will have 184 wpf and if I'd change into 15-27 I'd have 198 wpf, 24 wpf more than currently... Even now this build is really strong according to me, espeically with fast weapons liek niuweidao, so I don't think this buff is justified.

I feel like people have forgotten this. WPF increases have a greater affect on slow weapons, than fast ones.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #154 on: November 10, 2013, 12:44:24 am »
Good thing this change will finally see the day, after all the talk about removing free wpf from leveling up.

Will have to see how it goes for my thrower with 7 PT and 5 WM, but i don't mind having to give up on 1 or 2 IF for the extra WM.

I'm also against full respec, and think that the 6 less STR, and special attentions to low str/no WM characters should be enough.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #155 on: November 10, 2013, 01:01:03 am »
+6
Nice change, I waited a long time for this, maybe have to play again now  :)
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #156 on: November 10, 2013, 01:03:17 am »
Nice change, I waited a long time for this, maybe have to play again now  :)
I miss seeing you and cooties on na topping score boards.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #157 on: November 10, 2013, 01:28:55 am »
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:46:04 pm by Sauce »

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #158 on: November 10, 2013, 01:33:46 am »
+8
You want to create diversity by forcing people to play builds that have been made obsolete by your radical "balancing" patch. Also, you believe this will be the solution to your "kneejerk reactions" and reduced play style variety? The most diverse this game has ever been was 3 years ago when you didn't fuck with balance and game mechanics patch after patch.  Yeah, strength builds are popular and effective at the moment, the solution however, isn't reworking the entire game in the opposite direction.

this game was only diverse 3 years ago because it was full of noobs who couldnt afford plated chargers and full plate. the balance back then was total shit and with people playing as long as they have been now... that old system would be nothing but dudes in full plate.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #159 on: November 10, 2013, 01:41:42 am »
+4
You want to create diversity by forcing people to play builds that have been made obsolete by your radical "balancing" patch. Also, you believe this will be the solution to your "kneejerk reactions" and reduced play style variety? The most diverse this game has ever been was 3 years ago when you didn't fuck with balance and game mechanics patch after patch.  Yeah, strength builds are popular and effective at the moment, the solution however, isn't reworking the entire game in the opposite direction.

Overreacting much ?

I like how you think that bringing the "it was better 3 years ago" would give you points from us old time fellows, but it's definitely not the case. Balance was horrible, 170 wpf build from retirement, with a full str morningstar crushthrough character, pinpoint archer accuracy, etc... Everybody running in medium gear, except a few rich guys in plate, etc... No diversity, everyone aiming for the best equipment, best weapon possible. I don't regret thoses days the slightest. Only some of the players then.

I like how a great number of STR stackers are totally forgetting the fact that this change was BOUND to happen. It was talked about a while back, and all people sticking to their STR build or starting a new one should have known the risks. (no free wpf per level is a long-awaited and decided change)

Funny how an extra 20 wpf for 9 WM, and 10 wpf less for 5 WM Hybrid is consider by you to be "reworking the entire game in the opposite direction". Yes, your full STR stacker 36/3 build will be slower, with less wpf. And ? Is it completely impossible ? No. Has hard as a 3/36 build ? Depends.

I'll still like to see additional changes for STR requirements for armor (going to 21 str for some of the higher stuff for example), but that's another matter, and i deeply await the next patch. NErf rondel daggers, longsword speed, awlpike speed, and buff WM while removing free wpf. It's like an early christmas present.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2013, 01:46:20 am »
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:45:47 pm by Sauce »

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2013, 01:57:52 am »
+11
Ya'll need some perspective. All the 36/9 zero WM builds will use their free respec points to go 30/15 5WM, they will still wear the same armor. People that were full agility builds before will continue to be so, swinging less than 1% faster and doing about 2% more dmg, and they will still be 1-shot by the 30/15 guys.

Based on the tears on here, you'd think we're talking about giving agility builds an "I win" button on a 5second cooldown or something.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 02:04:42 am by Phew »

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2013, 02:04:38 am »
I'm getting absurdly buffed. My main is 18/27 with 9WM.

I saw something like this coming, so I tried to suggest a workaround to getting tons of wpf where armor reduces the same amount of wpf at any point so high wpf builds can use a good 5-10 extra points and low wpf builds lose 5-10 points. It was my second time suggesting it much earlier than the date in the link. I guess we'll see how giving me 200wpf pans out.

You could always add polearm proficiency to diversify your build as well. That way you have more options to play if you ever get bored of 1h and gives a cav counter as well.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2013, 02:21:20 am »
+2
Nice patch, it was sure too easy to have 111 wpf as a full str. It will be more realistic and playable that way.
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2013, 03:14:06 am »
+2
free wpf respec but no free general respec?
i got a balanced build (1:1) with only 1 wm though, so basically i get the same nerf as all those str crutchers without being able to get some more wm with the same str:agi ratio...

finally found a good build and its being nerfed right down :rolleyes:
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.