Author Topic: What do you drive?  (Read 11255 times)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: What do you drive?
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2013, 08:38:03 pm »
+1
The treatment  BMWs get this day and age is hilarious imo. For many reasons it is the official mark of traffic hooligans and how Top Gear put it "cocks" behind a wheel.
Really a shame it's such a good car to drive tho... Rear wheel drive (like all cars should be imo) and good weight distribution.

Two things put me off it: Fuel consumption and the fact that I don't want to be seen driving one :D.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2013, 08:44:19 pm »
+6
Never understood the hype.
Tbh noone really does. As much as I understand it from my countries perspective is that cheap BMWs are generally driven recklessly and idolized in tiny towncommunities where there really isnt much to do, generally by young people.  Angry unintelligent schoolskipping skinheads take their crappy cars for a spin and pretend they are real streetracers or just talk with their pottymouths and bad grammar, while listening to loud music with a lot of bass and eat hamburgers gotten from the local tiny bistro. They also generally take unintelligent goodlucking blond/brunette chicks who arent very smart for a spin aswell to act like bigshots.

Im not sayin this is everywhere ofcourse. But it is pretty common. These tiny communities cultlike dedication for BMWs is very true. I am not making this up.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:47:34 pm by TiberiusX »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2013, 08:47:09 pm »
+1
Yeah I know what you mean.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2013, 08:47:17 pm »
+2
That much is true. Cheap, old, half-broken BMWs are dominant in backwater rural areas.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2013, 08:48:03 pm »
+4
Tbh noone really does. As much as I understand it from my countries perspective is that cheap BMWs are generally driven recklessly and idolized in tiny towncommunities where there really isnt much to do, generally by young people.  Angry unintelligent schoolskipping skinheads take their crappy cars for a spin and pretend they are real streetracers or just talk with their pottymouths and bad grammar, while listening to loud music with a lot of bass and eat hamburgers gotten from the local tiny bistro. They also generally take unintelligent goodlucking blond/brunette chicks who arent very smart for a spin aswell to act like bigshots.

Im not sayin this is everywhere ofcourse. But it is pretty common. These tiny communities dedication for BMWs is really legit btw. I am not making this up.

I've seen too much of that exact shit...

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2013, 01:03:15 am »
+1
The automobile. Eternal promise of freedom and independence.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2013, 01:58:56 am »
+5
bmw e60 2009

(click to show/hide)

Not sure why ppl hate bmw's here, i found them extremly fun to drive

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2013, 05:46:49 am »
+10
bmw e60 2009

(click to show/hide)

Ahh Waradin aka "Mr. IAmGoingToKickTheShitOutoftheWholeCommunityIRL" is also ironically driving a BMW. Everything acknowledged above has just been confirmed even further. Please dont harm me.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:04:37 am by TiberiusX »

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2013, 07:34:19 am »
+3
you're all wrong. the correct answer is, "women away".

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2013, 09:14:26 am »
+2
I'm sure I would like it as a passenger too. Citroen has always had great suspension. Class leading on that area through decades. It's a shame really it's their only good quality :P. Do they actually make the suspension adjustable during drive? It's really useful option when you think about it. You can make it stiffer when you need precision to cut some tight corners and loosen it when you cruise on a long straight motorway.

Citroen invented quite a lot of important automobile stuff (e.g. front wheel drive and hydraulics) but somehow failed to keep up their 20th century progressive vibe. For example, the last really weird Citroen production car was the BX with a stock bodywork literally made of plastic. Fit it with a 2000cc engine and you got the most popular police car of the 90s.

About the hydraulics, I think on some models you can change the height while driving, or just hack the system to be able to (although of course that is not safe at all).

Also, I think BMW is the official brand of traffic hooligans because driving one is fun. And the old ones give the illusion of being rich even though they are cheap because you drive a big german thing.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2013, 09:43:20 am »
+2
bmw e60 2009

(click to show/hide)

Nobody hates BMW. The drivers are dicks (except Tor. He is just Norwegian, it's not his fault he needs a powerful car)

Citroen invented quite a lot of important automobile stuff (e.g. front wheel drive and hydraulics) but somehow failed to keep up their 20th century progressive vibe. For example, the last really weird Citroen production car was the BX with a stock bodywork literally made of plastic. Fit it with a 2000cc engine and you got the most popular police car of the 90s.

About the hydraulics, I think on some models you can change the height while driving, or just hack the system to be able to (although of course that is not safe at all).

Front wheel drive is cheapest to make. That's why it was invented :D. I remember one of my elementary school teachers had Citroen BX. It was old car even then and the red paint was sun burned but I still always thought it was a cool car because it had hydraulic suspension and the car sort of laid down when it was turned off.

I meant that you can adjust the shock absorbers in some cars to make it harder or softer to drive. I would use the Citroen hydraulics to get some ground clearance and go offroad :D.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2013, 09:45:19 am »
+4
Well, as regular TopGear viewer (I watched every single show and special :D), I can say that Clarkson moved from BMW to Audi when considering the cock-o-meter. Happened 2 or 3 seasons back.
Audi = new cock, BMW = buyable again!
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2013, 09:56:11 am »
+4
Ahh Waradin aka "Mr. IAmGoingToKickTheShitOutoftheWholeCommunityIRL" is also ironically driving a BMW. Everything acknowledged above has just been confirmed even further. Please dont harm me.
I was about to post this, haha. The BMW stereotype is often dead on from what I have seen around me as well.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2013, 10:02:30 am »
+2
Well, as regular TopGear viewer (I watched every single show and special :D), I can say that Clarkson moved from BMW to Audi when considering the cock-o-meter. Happened 2 or 3 seasons back.
Audi = new cock, BMW = buyable again!

Quote from: James May
oh cock!

Audi is the alpine skiing guy's car. They just attack the North in masses when the holidays begin. Ski box on the roof and... Oh cock, Clarkson is right...

There is two groups on the road that I loathe. Caravanners and ski box cars. The first group always crawls 70 km/h in front of you in dry summertime roads. The second group typically makes stupid over takings all the time and completely ignores the bad driving conditions during winter :rolleyes:.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:11:47 am by Son Of Odin »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2013, 10:35:36 am »
+3
Not to mention that those roof boxes are madly dangerous in accidents. Most people don't realize or care that the allowed weight for those things are really really low. Basicly you should only load them with pillows and blankets...

I remember seeing crash tests with those things on top and even with rather slow speeds, they become deadly projectiles for those in front.

Aaaand those weird bike carriers that sit on the caravan coupling... I avoid those all the time. Those can't be save, as wobbly as they are. I hate driving behind them...

Oww, and my nemesis: Old men wearing hats! The most dangerous species in traffic...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.