Author Topic: What do you drive?  (Read 11267 times)

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
Re: What do you drive?
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2013, 02:06:04 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2013, 02:55:51 pm »
+2
Have you tried this ?

(click to show/hide)

I have been passenger of seriously suicidal drivers with this, even at 220kph you won't care.
I don't think I've tried that particular model (I might have but, no memory of it. It gets hard to remember them all after couple hundred different cars :D) Not that many Citroens here anyhow. Do you drive yourself Kafein?

I don't like cars that feel too safe. That's part of my "sofa on wheels" comment since it's no longer a car after certain level of comfort (not a driver's car at least...) Just creates a falsely safe image of situations that can be nuts crazy dangerous. Big portion of new cars have steering that doesn't deliver any information about how the road feels. Probably the loss of feel is partly because the chassis and suspension numb it down too. My parent's Volvo S40 for example... I hate to drive that thing. No feel for the road at all. Just an "unbreakable" steel bubble rolling along, promises you don't die, just steer however you like and speed like a lunatic.

Roads would be heck of a lot safer place if we took the airbags away and put a 6 inch nail into the middle of steering wheel, pointing right at the driver's face :lol:

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2013, 02:58:53 pm »
+3
The times of Alfa Spiders and BMW company cars are over for me - thanks to the gods/me/universe/whatever.

Now it is a Star CG150 - cheap motorcycle (copy of old Honda model, assembled in Paraguay from mostly Chinese parts...). Dirt cheap and best way to do most stuff here on our dirt roads - plus public busses are cheap and always an adventure ;-).

Will share a sturdy old  F1000 pickup with some friends in the coming months, better for transporting building materials and the like, and easier to get that cal .50 mounted.... ;-)
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2013, 04:42:30 pm »
+3
I don't think I've tried that particular model (I might have but, no memory of it. It gets hard to remember them all after couple hundred different cars :D) Not that many Citroens here anyhow. Do you drive yourself Kafein?

I don't like cars that feel too safe. That's part of my "sofa on wheels" comment since it's no longer a car after certain level of comfort (not a driver's car at least...) Just creates a falsely safe image of situations that can be nuts crazy dangerous. Big portion of new cars have steering that doesn't deliver any information about how the road feels. Probably the loss of feel is partly because the chassis and suspension numb it down too. My parent's Volvo S40 for example... I hate to drive that thing. No feel for the road at all. Just an "unbreakable" steel bubble rolling along, promises you don't die, just steer however you like and speed like a lunatic.

Roads would be heck of a lot safer place if we took the airbags away and put a 6 inch nail into the middle of steering wheel, pointing right at the driver's face :lol:

I don't drive yet, there's very little need for that where I live but I hope I will in one or two years. The C5 is probably the mass production car with the "best" suspension of all time, and by that I mean it is a dream for the passengers (hence my remark about not feeling anything at 220kph). So you would probably hate it :)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2013, 04:58:37 pm »
+1
I don't drive yet, there's very little need for that where I live but I hope I will in one or two years. The C5 is probably the mass production car with the "best" suspension of all time, and by that I mean it is a dream for the passengers (hence my remark about not feeling anything at 220kph). So you would probably hate it :)
Well, most cars at a certain price give you that feel.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2013, 05:04:38 pm »
+2
1990 Buick Century, a boat of a car. It's a real jalopy, too. 198'000 miles on it, engine is in great shape but has several aesthetic and small issues (driver window gone for 2+ years, cassette player fried, power window on passenger front has burnt out motor, only one windshield wiper on the driver side, a short which causes the rear right signal to work about half of the time only, and more).

I use it for about 4 miles Tues-Fri, and 20 miles on the weekend.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2013, 05:50:20 pm »
+1
1990 Buick Century, a boat of a car. It's a real jalopy, too. 198'000 miles on it, engine is in great shape but has several aesthetic and small issues (driver window gone for 2+ years, cassette player fried, power window on passenger front has burnt out motor, only one windshield wiper on the driver side, a short which causes the rear right signal to work about half of the time only, and more).

I use it for about 4 miles Tues-Fri, and 20 miles on the weekend.

Aren't cars supposed to be road-worthy ? I don't know how it works in your uncivilized area of nobodyness though.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2013, 05:59:43 pm »
+8
318i

(click to show/hide)

And found this in one of our garages, must try it soon. It's a Larven  8-)

(click to show/hide)
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2013, 06:17:13 pm »
+2
black 2008 honda crv

something that gets me around reliably and hoping to add a towing package to it when I get a cheap fishing boat some day (hopefully in a year or two)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2013, 06:19:32 pm »
+1

(click to show/hide)

That is one weird snowmobile.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2013, 07:09:29 pm »
+2
Alright here are just a few of my rides, i have more but they would have ended up like the photo of the guns, and i cant climb on the neighbors roof to get em all in the shot.

Gun Reference if you never saw it.
(click to show/hide)

First photo is my car, i purchased it at 18 when i first started my career, was making good money and living at home and could afford the $600 dollar car payments, and $220 insurance.

2009 Lancer Ralliart Tarmac Black
sitting outside a local shopping center
(click to show/hide)
Modification List
(click to show/hide)

2003 Suzuki GSXR 1000
Just down the street from my house
(click to show/hide)
Modification List
(click to show/hide)

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
 Newest addition to the family, and quite awesome, though it doesnt have the same raw power, it is probably the smoothest thing i have ridden yet.  An absolute city bike, turns great, incredibly light, and nice bottom end for the gettup into traffic for a small motor.
(click to show/hide)
No Modifications as of yet, though we are looking at an exhaust and maybe a power commander

I also have a pickup truck, and a 3000gt, but ill save those for another time.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2013, 08:05:15 pm »
+2
318i

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

+1 for the Larven. The BMW tho... Well how should I put it.

(click to show/hide)

:D Rear wheel drive is nice tho...

I'm sure I would like it as a passenger too. Citroen has always had great suspension. Class leading on that area through decades. It's a shame really it's their only good quality :P. Do they actually make the suspension adjustable during drive? It's really useful option when you think about it. You can make it stiffer when you need precision to cut some tight corners and loosen it when you cruise on a long straight motorway.

I just don't want to buy Frenchie cars because I think they always have some ugly shape in them... Like Renault Megane coupe. Beautiful car in many ways but you can actually pinpoint the spot where the designer said "ah fuck it!" and drew some crap to finish the shape :D. And here French cars don't hold their value too well, so there's that also...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:24:51 pm by Son Of Odin »

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2013, 08:32:53 pm »
+3
The treatment BMWdrivers get this day and age is hilarious imo. For many reasons it is considered the official mark of traffic hooligans and how Top Gear put it "cocks" behind a wheel.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2013, 08:35:03 pm »
+1
The treatment BMWdrivers get this day and age is hilarious imo.

Never understood the hype.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2013, 08:37:22 pm »
+3
Yeah, it's a weird stereotype, that BMW is for d-bags. BMWs themselves look sweet, though.