Author Topic: Tell us about your journey through CRPG. (Your clan history.)  (Read 9192 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Tell us about your journey through CRPG. (Your clan history.)
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2013, 09:22:24 pm »
+2
They say a picture is worth more then a thousand words so I'll let these pics tell their story:

(click to show/hide)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2013, 09:49:31 pm »
+4
1. IRC --> Varangians --> Nordmen (IRC global, VRN and Nords EU)

2. Left IRC because I was beginning to feel like the only member remaining, joined the Varangians, who had a few friendly faces in their ranks. Some time after that we merged with Searaiders to form the Nordmen.

3. I guess I like atmosphere and theme, there are a bunch of great guys in the clan too, but as most our clan members know, I'm not exactly the most active or social member.
Hell, I think last time I had a strat battle it was in 2011, and I think I've been in TS nine times in total now. :P
Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline TR_Ragnarok

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Fan-Site For SNSD
  • Faction: Astralis/SNSD/AznBoiClub
  • Game nicks: AsianBoyJesse_Astralis / SNSD_Sunny <3
  • IRC nick: AsianBoyJesse
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2013, 09:55:14 pm »
+1
Originally played c-RPG when they had proximity XP/GOLD, played for 30 minutes after getting owned by ATS.
EU
1) Joined Thovex when he was in Templar? And he Made Risen (parody of Fallen I guess Lol)
Was in until Thovex asked me to help Sir_Edward make a NA Vassel branch of Risen.

NA Clan name was BlackRose in honor of a DarkFall Clan I was in. Which lasted for a year until Edward had to go on hiatus for 2 years, leaving Sittingbull as the new leader.  We got tired of the BlackRose name because it sounded too fruity at the time.  So we changed our name To Invictus which lasted for about 6 months until we decided to merge with CoN(Champions of Newerth/Champions of Namo) into Astralis.

I think this month is our two year anniversary since our Merg.

Astralis was voted by the members of the clan(s), Runner ups were Viscotti Kingdom,Pillagers of Villagers, and Draconis.
Don't Stop lets take it back to one forty.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2013, 10:02:29 pm »
+4
Templars.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline HungryNBroke

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Are you going to eat that?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Hungry_, Stick_, Hellequin_, Peggy_Hill
  • IRC nick: HungryNBroke
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2013, 10:10:32 pm »
+6
-The first clan I joined was Sunbros, which was an easy going clan created by Draeth. It was a small group, but a great way to ease into c-rpg and a lot of fun.
The clan was a starting point for a lot of us and just disbanded as we all moved on to bigger and better things. Though we we will forever praise the sun!
SUNBROS BEST BROS

-After that I applied to NH and after a rigorous interview I was accepted. I loved my time playing under the NH banner and playing with other teamwork oriented players. Even under what some would call the tyrannical reign of Diggles, I personally enjoyed the rigidness and high standards we were all held to. Reason for leaving: Faction name was retired by Diggles.

-Once Diggles left the remaining members of NH formed Raven and I have been with them ever since. We have great group of members and I have become good friends with all of them. I plan on remaining with the Ravens until the clan or the mod dies.

-I also created a side-clan for a little while called The Land of the Unwashed. I used this clan to kill time during ravens inactive months and to express my love of all things dirty.
I stopped being active in this once Raven became active again.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:19:07 pm by HungryNBroke »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2013, 10:44:13 pm »
+7
I started this game sometime in the summer of 2010, and there weren't many serious clans at the time.  I did, however, play with some bandits for awhile, which was my first true taste of cRPG.  I quit cRPG for a month, and when I returned they were no more.

I came back and switched clans a lot, I can't remember the exact progression but I ended up in DL and Caravan Guards at some point.  However the most memorable clan from that time period were the Hoplites, which eventually became Stratia (later Remnants of Stratia, CHAOS, and again the Remnants.)  Keep in mind that Strategus didn't exist at this point, so doubling up on clans wasn't a very huge deal at the time, and at the time Allers got me to make a character for Chivalry.

RIP Braeden

Eventually Stratia fell apart and Socrates made RS, which originally was going to be a small clan of elites (Onimaho, Balbaroth, John, etc) so of course I was interested (despite being horrible at the game).  I played with them for a week or two but ultimately decided that I had come to know and rely on the guys in Chivalry a lot more than I had the guys in RS / Stratia.  I left RS and stayed with Chivalry despite their horrid reputation.

RIP Joseph

Joseph quit the game, some time passed and eventually we made Dracul (October 2010).  We absorbed most of the shitty reputation from Chivalry, and we certainly didn't do anything to help ourselves beyond make things worse.  Regardless, we somehow managed to stay alive this long, I don't see our clan dying any time soon.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2013, 10:53:37 pm »
+2
my story - may not be in chronological order

The Unkown - A small clan that lumetta made, we all wore uniforms and it was pretty cool but my warband stopped working and I couldn't play anymore. :( If it would have worked i'd probably be a berserk today.

TKoV - For like a week haha, i just didn't enjoy it there, the organization of the clan was superb though.

Invictus - for a day as an initiate, didn't have that much fun so I decided not to join.

Crusaders of Acre (multiple times) - MY FAVORITE, RIP REINHARDT

The Cavaliers (during huey newtons prime) - tried it out for a week but I lost interest in the game and stopped playing for a month... so I just got removed for inactivity I think.

AoW - I think thats what it was still called back then... it ended up disbanding and reformed as Teutonic many months later, now called AoW again. This was the clan I started to show decent talent at the game, with tips and tricks from wesley and holiday, who it turns out were in acre too, but I never in noticed this until they said something.

Holy Guard - Had fun here but I was the only one under 20 basically. It ended up not working out (because of my adolescent bundle of sticksry) but the 6 months I was in it was great fun.

me in HG uniform

I have missed a lot but I can't remember everything.

I also received invites from Fallen and FIDGLB.

Order of the White Stallion My curent clan - Started out as Elder Guard, (I really like the sound of a guard), but changed it to order of the white stallion because it seemed like I was copying holy guard. I really like the default grey with white horse banner that they have. I have a custom clan banner with the stallion now though. It's just me and Luke now, but I don't mind. :)

Coat of Arms - Forward Until Death

Clans I had always had a deep wish to get into but never tried:

Love their individuality and cool builds, they appreciate the war spear as much as I.

I love history, and the Knights Hospitaller. Although they claim not to be historically accurate their banner would have been enough for me.

almost forgot to say I was in Red Lotus for about 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:13:19 pm by Dalfador »

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2013, 11:06:23 pm »
+4
Founded Pixel Paladins (Best Clan)
I also sport that banner with great pride, PP reigns supreme!

I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2013, 11:19:54 pm »
+7
Spring 2011 joined SoA, someone (MeesNL?) was asking on EU1 if anyone wants to join their clan, and I wanted. Was cool clan, but some problems with NA section or whatever, some members left after a few months, others followed quickly -> clan disbanded in August 2011. Anyway cool times, lots of scrims and we won the multi-clan tournament with some other clans. (Best event ever)

Shanks and some others joined CamelScreamers, so I joined them too. Anyway I was very inactive during that time, don't know if they even knew about my existence. When I came back, found about that they were autoblockers, so I left. I guess the clan was disbanding anyway. Also the few times I played with them, there was quite a language barrier.

Soon after that I began to search a new clan. First tried Wolves, but after I posted my application, they decided to close recruitment, because lots of ex-bandits had just joined. I found that a bit odd, since I was applying when it wasn't closed, anyway their loss.

Then applied to Guards in October 2011 I think, got accepted, and have left them only for a day after that. I enjoy the chilled and friendly athmosphere. Size is usually perfect, I can play alone or sometimes with a bunch of great people.

Also special mention to STOP, where my alt used to be in until HammerTime disappeared.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2013, 12:55:55 am »
+4
Started playing sometime shortly after they implemented upkeep and such. Don't quite recall how but I ended up joining MB (think it was because we both mostly played siege). I remember always asking for a TS or something as I like communicating and is one of my main incentives for joining a clan but was repeatedly told by a member (don't recall which) that the clan was just IRL friends and that they didn't have a TS or anything like that.

After awhile I left (without really notifying them of it, my bad on that, though to be fair it took you a few weeks to notice as we never communicated) and ended up joining SoA back when they had an NA and EU branch. Similar position here. Joined and didn't speak to a fellow member for what must've been a month or two. Eventually one of them messaged me on steam and got me in TS and they told me this whole time I was supposed to have had a mentor as that's how their organization works and he was supposed to take me under his wing. Apparently my "mentor" slacked off and never even contacted me prior to this lol. Shortly after I left the clan due to two reasons. 1: I got extremely fed up with the EU bias, there was never any events or practice scheduled for NA. We were constantly expected to play and practice on EU servers regardless of the fact that we were NA, got real tired of that real fast. Reason 2 was that I met Deltah in siege one early morning before school and started talking to him. Ended up hopping in TS a few minutes later and the rest is basically history. I can't imagine being in any other clan. These guys are more like friends than they are a clan. We all fit very well, and I think our small member-base is definitely for the best. We're quite odd and very few seem to really fit in well with us.

EDIT: Lol didn't even mention the name of the clan I'm in now that I'm referring to. Dracul. Though like I said it's more like a group of friends than a clan. Pretty sure I spend more time with these dudes than most of my RL friends. Lol. I think we'll still be playing games together long after c-RPG fades away.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:46:39 am by TheAppleSauceMan »
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2013, 01:04:14 am »
+4
1. BRD, PxC
2. I started the Bridgeburners with a bunch of real life friends/family. I'm the only one left in cRPG. Joined PxC because Gorath. Gorath disappeared (anyone know if he's alive- this is a serious question, haven't seen him on steam for more than a year) so PxC sort of fizzled out.
3. The people in FCC became more than a clan to me. I've become dependent on most of old school FCC's company to play anything. Losing those relationships would be like losing RL family, even though we disagree (if you guys only realized how many horrible things FCC have stopped me from doing) on a lot of things. So like family, I'm stuck with them. Most importantly, FCC taught me something valuable that I've since applied to my real life. I'm not sure how long it would've taken me to come to this outlook on my own.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:10:51 am by Kalam »

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2013, 01:12:41 am »
+4
founded cup clan, still the leader of cup clan. fk draacul

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2013, 01:23:25 am »
+2
MurderBoner

That's all, i'm too lazy to get into another clan. But the guys are cool so why leave, then again I haven't played in a looong time.

I always had a wish to join The Holy Guard, but as I said i'm too lazy and MB is cool.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2013, 01:49:27 am »
special mention to STOP, where my alt used to be in until HammerTime disappeared.

oh yeah where is STOPHammerTime?! another soul dead of depression? :C

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2013, 02:26:49 am »
+3
Trollbears/my old friends/Bandits/Saracen (all the same clan with mostly same people) the onyl clan I wore a clan tag of. thx Gnjus

We disbanded, I wore a Wolves banner for a brief period because kinngrimm was kind enough to shelter all teh ex Bandits in the cave. thx kinn

I left the game for 6 months, came back found all my ex clanmates in Bogumili so I rolled with that banner. thx Kulin

My main is now in Ninjas which gives me great honor and will not change that, just fits my weaboo lone Samurai playstyle. thx Khorin and Thomek

Have an alt in Deserters for trolling and playing with cromy old friends that mostly reside under that banner atm. thx Idzo
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works