Author Topic: Tell us about your journey through CRPG. (Your clan history.)  (Read 9199 times)

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
Re: Tell us about your journey through CRPG. (Your clan history.)
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 04:19:30 pm »
+6
First time I joined cRPG the guy responsible for getting me addicted also made me join the clan he was in, The Risen. Using the TR tag back then, it was pretty interesting but I wasn't yet that "into" the game. After some time we had a fight and both decided to leave Risens because of our retarded dispute.

Some time later, we met again, and I joined his clan once again, this time it being the Yeniceris (Janissaries - kapikulu sub-division for non-turkish players).
Stayed there for quite some time, studied the art of teamkills untill I was forcefully removed by Kareem.

Played solo for half a year if not more, and then one friend told me that I should try making my own clan. Since he proposed to make us the banner (and still makes them to this day), I went on and searched for a good name and possible theme. Being completely dried out on imagination back then, I stole the name and took some piss-poor theme, which was later quickly removed.

And that is how Stromgarde was born, currently having a fair list of bastards on our account, some more, some less successful.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 01:03:38 am by Uther Pendragon »
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013, 04:38:27 pm »
+6
Was playing solo for months until one day in early-mid 2011 I saw a group of Acre guys working together on a server, so decided to apply and got in. Was quite happy there, liked the guys, but in late  2012 I went inactive for 3-4 months, deleting my characters and everything, and when I came back Acre had disbanded, so I played solo again.
I restarted the grind and a couple of months later applied and got into the Nordmen, very nice guys, but then this spring exams kicked in and I didnt have much time to play, and Nordmen tended to play more on EU 1 than 2, so went inactive again. In order to have less of a reason to come back I left and redeleted my characters. Then in the summer I went back and decided to go solo once again.
So yeah, basic addict pattern there.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2013, 04:48:55 pm »
+1
I started off during the Goon Depression, and times were rough. I convinced Phantom to get us a banner and tried to drum up more goon interest in this mod.  Times were rough though, and when other goons were on, I hardly knew a multiplier.  After going a week and not seeing another good in TS for a week, I started hanging out in Astralis TS.  Nothing came of that, however, and Partyboy brought me over to the FCC TS where some mercs were fighting in a Strat battle.  He told be about their banner stack, and I was convinced.  I asked if I could join and to my surprise, they let me.

Anyway, I was with FCC for nearly a year.  At first I was very active in Strat and they eventually gave me leadership status.  However, I never really wore a tag or anything or joined a subclan.  At one point, when I became the first Strategus 4 millionaire, I considered leaving FCC with the gold and returning to my goon brethren, but I didn't and shortly after they folded once again like a house of cards.  Later on when I was being federally relocated after the Jason the Great stalking incident of 2013, I took a break from crpg.  By the time I was able to be active again, the forum Kesh hate had spiraled out of control and most of the old school FCC guys were pretty inactive.  In order to distance myself from the Kesh hate and reconcile with some of my old friends who were now Strat enemies, I made my own clam, Spring Break: Somalia.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2013, 05:10:26 pm »
+2
Started somewhere in 2010 I think. JackieChan got me into the game. I was already a fan of Mount&Blade but never tried Warband MP. We were in the same school class and after much ear-throbbing propaganda to get me into the game, I got in. I was to be another 2h-fodder for several months.
Changed my name to Skono and my build to full str a year later. Got active on EU_3 and started to improve my skills.
Got invited into the Wolves about a year ago, stayed there for 6 months then left because of little activity on CRPG and the departure of the great SexyChinn.
Been on mah own ever since :(

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2013, 05:33:49 pm »
+6
I joined pecores when I started CRPG and that was an awesome time. I left them when the clan start to be inactive. After this, dave send me an invite to merc Academy and now I'm happy as merc  :mrgreen:

Message for phase : If you are going to post here plz make a spoiler cause that will be close to a novel.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2013, 05:55:05 pm »
+3
Pecores
Pecores kinda died, I left
Clanless for a few months
Founded Pixel Paladins (Best Clan)

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2013, 06:09:40 pm »
+6
hmm .. basically SoA all the way  :oops: yet, i had my episode when i was taking a break from the clan , after my first strat, where some stuff happened , which gave me some sort of clan burnout ... eventhough, not only bad memories from that time exist, i cba'ed nowadays to take any responsibility in the game, perhaps ever again lol ... clan did disperse into other clans for the majority of members, only few guys remained ... ODHarry (a real hero! many kudos to you my good man) kept things running in the next strat until i would come back, which i did try and did take over a bit of stuff halfheardedly, messing up propperly everything , until we decided to ditch that unfun part of cRPG for good.
Result under my and Shanks leadership of the clan you can see right now ... a pretty silly, zero-efford bunch of trolls ... and i figured, i kinda like it that way  :mrgreen:

Fun fact: In meantime my break , i tried to found a fun clan , called Deserters_ (yes thats right, i was the first one coming up with that clan-name Deserters_ :P eventhough, the new Deserters_ are a pretty nice bunch of guys and i dont mind at all). but came back to SoA eventually, responding to calls from mates, who lured me back, on my weak spot, telling me, that they need me :lol:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:21:09 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2013, 06:14:38 pm »
+2
bandits , saracens , HRE and grey

But still my favourite is HRE forever

Offline Austrian

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1117
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Bro's are Bro's, forever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brotherhood
  • Game nicks: Austriano, Faust, Nestea
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2013, 06:19:29 pm »
+2
Ermm... The Brotherhood since 2011   8-)

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2013, 06:20:48 pm »
+11
I started playing a long time back, as I'm sure most people are well aware of, I played quite avidly (as mentioned in another thread) simply because I wanted to become quite good at the game. As I became more vocal on the chat, I noticed a couple of players, in particular Bane who had steamed ahead in terms of gear and he seemed to be a genuinely nice bloke.

Bane then started his clan, The Caravan Guild (It was probably The Caravan Guard back then), which piqued my interest. I noticed at about this time that the Mercenaries had popped up and there was quite a bit of banter that went between Gnjus & Bane concerning chicken coops, so as a naive crappy player I tried to follow Bane (often enough through spectator mode) to see how he fought. I'm sure those of you who remember will know he was a Milanese plated, plated charger riding, morning star swinging character, but he always seemed to avoid playing croquet with peasant's heads.
This really cemented my opinion of him and it came to one of the first times I had been one of the last alive. I was a terrible melee archer and in panic I dropped my sword while Bane cut down my remaining allies. He could have happily cut me down but instead dropped his "Sword of Cookies" for me to fight him with. Naturally he kicked my arse but it was the deciding factor in asking to join. He really had the mentality that I wanted to follow and so I became the fourth of fifth member of the guild.
That was on the 3rd of August 2010.

Since then I took over the clan through iron fist dominance, grew fat and delegated everything but kept the title. I have been asked to join other clans and have had a few times when I thought to finally leave the clan (due to inactivity of myself) but I quickly realised that I would miss the guys that I play with so often. They don't care, or at least don't show that they care, when I go off on a rage, they are all more intelligent than me and just generally the type of people that I wanted to play alongside and besides that, I can always switch teamspeak and talk to other people if I want.

I shan't ever leave, I will be the only one left if that is what happens.

Essay...  :rolleyes:

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2013, 06:27:47 pm »
"There is more to the story than you think.

I looked at it and smiled as I screenshotted it. Posted it to the admins of CRPG. Got them all banned... all of them(the shit heads(yes goresaw is a shit head(because he wears jorts))).

I went fuck goons and it felt so good. :)

Love you goresaw! How you like me now baby?

I need to find out if I at least got badplayer banned. If not I failed :(."

Nvm lol
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:14:29 pm by LordBerenger »

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2013, 06:30:12 pm »
7.Deserted Deserters so me and Panos could make our own clan.
Deserception  :shock:

Skyrim UI

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2013, 06:31:09 pm »
+2
Started playin nov2010... BRD seemed like the small elite clan with Kesh, Kalam and Wiegraf running around being awesome. Joined BRD after a lil while... Been there ever since.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2013, 06:39:53 pm »
Started playin nov2010... BRD seemed like the small elite clan with Kesh, Kalam and Wiegraf running around being awesome. Joined BRD after a lil while... Been there ever since.

You forgot the part where you leave FCC for my pirate clam.  PS.  first mate position was recently vacated, better start working on that beard.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2013, 06:45:05 pm »
+13
River Pirates
Bunch of native friends and trolls that played with no tag, but grouped up on cRPG and had 5 fiefs at the most in strat. Clan died out when most of those guys got bored of cRPG and Strat and I ended up giving away our only remaining fief to TucKMuncK and the Wolpers. My glorious archer days.
Fallen
After almost a year or not playing I went back to cRPG, this time as a crossbowman. Was asked by Everkistus to apply for Fallen and I did that. Was there for a month or two, but my laptop was being repaired pretty much all my time there, so I rarely played and when I did it was on an older desktop with no mic. Beauchamp had a rant about inactive players and players playing without ts, and I felt I was one of those he was referring to. Decided to leave because of that and the fact that I had really not gotten to many members without mic and lack of playing time.
ARMY OF THOR >> VRN >> Nordmen
Asked by okiN to join his massive 4-man clan (the other ones being cmp, Espu and chadz at the time). Changed to Varangian not long after to get a better theme and the amount of players increased. Merged with SeaRaiders for which I'm grateful, with the high amount of really great guys I got to know because of that merge. Early Nordmen time was probably the best I've had in cRPG.
Byzantium
Lack of activity on cRPG by myself and Nordmen and playing other games with a few of the Byzantium, while also having played with them on a small native scene made me leave Nordmen for them. Had a lot of fun with them at first, but again got tired of cRPG, and didn't think I had much motivation for this game after some changes to the mechanics I disagreed with.
Nordmen
Decided to rejoin Nordmen which I feel is my home in cRPG (and the fact that my old friends needed my bunch of looms more than the full byz armoury), and while I only thought I would be playing sporadically, I ended up getting addicted on this shit again. :P

I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.