Poll

Please specify how item classes should be changed: (v0.223)

Buff horses
192 (7%)
Buff armor
162 (5.9%)
Buff one handed weapons
195 (7.1%)
Buff two handed weapons
140 (5.1%)
Buff polearms
98 (3.6%)
Buff shield
120 (4.4%)
Buff thrown
264 (9.6%)
Buff bow
151 (5.5%)
Buff crossbow
85 (3.1%)
Nerf horses
144 (5.2%)
Nerf armor
80 (2.9%)
Nerf one handed weapons
79 (2.9%)
Nerf two handed weapons
180 (6.5%)
Nerf polearms
209 (7.6%)
Nerf shield
117 (4.2%)
Nerf thrown
89 (3.2%)
Nerf bow
153 (5.5%)
Nerf crossbow
174 (6.3%)
Leave everything as is. (overrides all other options)
125 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 973

Voting closed: May 31, 2011, 02:13:07 pm

Author Topic: Official Survey about item power  (Read 73045 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Official Survey about item power
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 09:04:22 pm »
I bet you are interested in the proportion of people voting in a "I'm paper, buff paper, nerf scissors, rock is good as is" fashion. Furthermore, I think it's probably to evaluate how much you can trust players when it comes to needed changes.

Maybe you should not have put so much detail on how this data will be used. I see that many people will choose few options for their vote to be taken seriously.

The only flaw I see there is the lack of a split in the polearm category. I voted to nerf polearms, but I think that ONLY polearms that are like 2handers, capable of side swings, deserve a nerf.

Result of the vote; it is easy to predict.
Most people play with 1h +2 h + pole + xbow, naturally wish to nerfs the archers / HA / Cavs / throws.
The dictatorship of the majority,ekhm,... this is democracy ...

Sure, most people have over 9000 slots in their equipment  :lol:

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2011, 09:07:20 pm »
I think overall we are in a good place balance-wise. The only thing which sticks out is... throwing is disappearing as it just does not know what it is anymore - it isn't a very effective ranged class and neither is it a very effective melee class yet it seems to want to do both...terribly, when played as hybrid melee it is usable but you won't be topping scoreboards no matter how good you are.

Also polearm stun.

Thats it.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2011, 09:08:02 pm »
Nerf 2h more? lolol. Man they alrdy suck atm. why do you think so many left it ? even im wondering about it :P
They don't suck. Many left because they are slightly less obvious op weapons, and because polearms are new black. Notice that i voted for both nerfing 2h and polearms, so i'm not biased (and their relative power level will stay the same when fighting each other).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 09:11:28 pm by Lech »

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 09:13:53 pm »
I should have given the throwers some love and said buff throwing, but I forgot and just said leave everything as is. Also should 1h get a spped boost? I heard that and I mean, the 1h gets really speedy between 99-100, a noticeable speed
Just a soldier

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 09:20:54 pm »
i have nothing to do with you but every post i ever happen to stumble across by you is QQ and whine about cav...give it a rest, the key is in the title of the game, not the mod

It's also the impression i get...

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2011, 09:33:56 pm »
I should have given the throwers some love and said buff throwing, but I forgot and just said leave everything as is. Also should 1h get a spped boost? I heard that and I mean, the 1h gets really speedy between 99-100, a noticeable speed

You can always revote.
Don't.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2011, 09:35:20 pm »
I think it's fine overall. A few tweaks is needed though, in my oppinion.

- Two-Hand needs a new thrust animation.

It has a stuttering, laggy look.

Too slow.

Late/weird hit registration.

Glancing blows, alot of them.(Just what it feels like, due to various things.)

180+ degree spinthrusts are back.

And most importantly, the thrust stun needs to be gone. Whenever I thrust, a good opponent will know that he can just slash me due to me being stunned. This is game breaking and the single most frustration for all two-handers.

To fix two-handed you need to...

- Fix the current thrust by speeding it up to atleast be on par with the polearm animation and more importantly, fix the thrust stun and get it removed.

- Fix late hit registration.

- Buff damage slightly(Tiny, 1-3 points) yet still be inferior to general polearm damage dealing.

- Speed up the swords by a couple of points to slightly above general polearm speed.

Compared to polearms, two-handed swords and Great Swords in particular is inferior in every way.

Other things on my mind...

Plated Charger needs a buff... horses in general need a buff.

Throwing needs some more projectiles in their stacks(I still hate you:P).

Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2011, 09:38:40 pm »
My character is a Crossbow / Sword & Board hybrid. All 3 of those items are fine right now. No buff needed.

The only thing I want nerfed is polearm stun. I don't want polearms to be slower, do less damage, or otherwise lose stats. They are fine otherwise, and perhaps could even do with a slight buff. I hate that some polearms are now impossible to sheath, and I hate to think that that stat could be added to more things in the future. Taking up multiple slots is bad enough.

I would have voted to buff throwing (and I hate throwers!), but there should already be a fix coming, and I don't want them to get a buff on top of a fix.

Everything else in the game seems pretty balanced right now. Personally, I think lowering stats should be avoided whenever possible. So many items were made worse with the last few patches, even if just a little bit. Things were balanced, yes, but it certainly did not improve community morale. That's just my opinion. I don't have a perfect solution either.

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2011, 09:41:52 pm »
buff throwing, don't increase their damage but extend their ammo count
buff hp or armor of horses as a result of the buff to throwing, and maybe reduce the manoeuvrability of the arabian warhorse by 2
buff slightly 1h weapons

imo every other class is fine atm

edit: I forgot to say to redefine the looms on xbows, they are too worthy compared to heirlooms of every other thing now
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:07:25 pm by marco1391 »

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2011, 10:20:33 pm »
FOR THE LOVE OF MOTH MAN(please place your god here) DONT CHANGE ANYTHING!!!

honestly i am content with the mod, well thats not true but there isnt a "buff" xp choice, 1450 at x1 i may as well be gen 1 again for all the difference it makes...
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline BcBKC

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_BcB
  • IRC nick: BcB
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2011, 10:23:48 pm »
The game right now is pretty balanced overall. I only checked 2 things.

Throwing could use some sort of buff as much as i hate it.
Some shields need hp/speed nerfs.

Other than that there are a few weapons that are clearly overpowered compared to others.

Steel pick is by far the most unbalanced weapon in crpg. 33 piercing damage on a 99 speed 1h weapon is just absurd. Sure it has short range but if you have a shield you can just hug your opponent and 1 hit him in the head. Even after the 3 damage nerf to the masterwork version it still needs to be toned down.

Bec de corbin could use a small nerf in some way and seeing as its the most used polearm currently it will probably get it. Overall polearms are balanced so well i can't decide which one to loom.

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 11:11:37 pm »
i have nothing to do with you but every post i ever happen to stumble across by you is QQ and whine about cav...give it a rest, the key is in the title of the game, not the mod
I think i remember chadz saying that this mod was intended as an infantry mod early on. So it actually has nothing to do with the name of the game, in fact, that is the dumbest of all the arguments for cavalry.

Cavalry just don't work. The issue is that they use stealth and sneaking up behind people. So in order to balance that ability they have to be weakened significantly.

The end result is that infantry think cavalry is too good because they constantly get 1 hit from behind by the, but the majority of cavalry players who don't know how to play effectively with the sneaking method think that cavalry is too weak. The only solution is to implement something to stop the sneaking up on people strategy from working than give cavalry a buff. Until then i am voting nerf cavalry because they ruin most games on open maps.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2011, 11:43:53 pm »
buff gen bonus

keep the rest as is
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2011, 11:52:47 pm »
things i like to see to be a little different

- Xbows should need skill points to use like any other ranged weapon.
- if i need 2 slots for a shield, it has to be really good, in terms of huscarl, it got nerfed 2 times in last 2 patches, less coverage, less hp, less toughness, increase the coverage and either hp or toughness again.
- throwing got nerfed into oblivion, the only thing what is usable at all are the war darts in the opinion of lots of throwers i have spoken to. The last nerf that Javalins need 2 slots after reducing their ammo and damage was their death sentence, same with Jarrids, Lances are even worse. I played thrower in 4 generations on my alt and it needs a lot of more skill to get close to enemies and avoid them then the other ranged classes. You normaly don't hit with most of your throws if so you are more lucky then skilled. Give more armor to lances and make it 7 PT to use them again. 3 per 2 slots, I don't think a hybrid 2h/thrower with lances with only 3 laces would be OP, if so reduce the damage not the ammo.
- There should be a 1slot Polearm(Spear) witch is between 150-170 and sheatable. That would make a horse nerf obsolet in my eyes. If you do a horse nerf instead don't go for their speed but for their aiming.
- Reduce the time you stay on ground after a horse bump and after a knockdown
- the 3 mauls there are should increase in their abilities like, the smallest ahs knockdown, the iron small one should have crushthrough and the large iron maul then can have crushthrough and knockdown.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2011, 11:53:12 pm »
I think game is more balanced than ever. throwing is useless so I vote for it. I also vote shield nerf, but i'm mostly thinking of the 360 degree forcefield a shield gives whilst mounted. and maybe thats hardcoded.

but I think poll is kind of redundant. the problems with crp is with particular item imbalance not entire weapon categories.

for example langes messer vs katana

100 speed vs 101
92 reach vs 95
37 cut vs 35
24 pierce vs 16
1 slot vs 2 slot

16 pierce on katana? even the wakizashi has 19. I defo wont be using katana anymore as soon as I retire

and this is just 1 good example I'm posting. I think the other problems are with hardcoded stuff like horse forcefields above, and polearm stun.