Author Topic: You have 30 seconds to prove you are not a Leecher....  (Read 3929 times)

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
Re: You have 30 seconds to prove you are not a Leecher....
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 10:43:11 am »

Suggestion: no reward at all for accusing a leecher, but keep the penalties for false accusations. That will not stop the retards that try to decide fights with that method, but will make it less attractive for the greedy ones who are just after some quick extra multi...

+1
määääääääääh!

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 01:22:31 pm »
stuck in the net at buggy spawn at port assault, got reported by some moronic noob named neeshka  , press m on my azerty keybord , got kicked while it was a sure win for my team (4 vs 21), lost X5
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  :evil: :evil: :evil:

For god sakes remove the reward for reporting and temp ban people that abuse it

Offline dreeke

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 08:02:38 pm »
lljk_grease_lightning just abused the tool , i didnt know what to do because i didnt see that i schould press M ... x5 down the drain

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 11:41:51 am »
The thread is becoming a "denounce those who abuse of the tool".
Then children can throw stones at them.
I like that.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 04:46:10 pm »
I report everyone I see that hasn't moved in ~30-45 seconds.  I will continue to do so, regardless of the consequences.  I don't do it for the multiplyer, I do it because leechers are useless to a team.  In addition, leeching is against the rules of every server, so I feel like I'm doing my part to 'clean up the community'.  If you've got to go take a piss, kiss your girlfriend goodbye, or anything else that causes you to miss the message drop to spectator.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:48:36 pm by Damug »

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 04:56:09 pm »
Me common answer is a kick poll then.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 05:04:19 pm »
never had a problem with that, got accused once, pressed M, accused twice-> multiplier increased, they were leeching..

even if you get kicked, just rejoin!

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 06:57:28 pm »
I report everyone I see that hasn't moved in ~30-45 seconds.  I will continue to do so, regardless of the consequences.  I don't do it for the multiplyer, I do it because leechers are useless to a team.  In addition, leeching is against the rules of every server, so I feel like I'm doing my part to 'clean up the community'.  If you've got to go take a piss, kiss your girlfriend goodbye, or anything else that causes you to miss the message drop to spectator.

You are in the middle of the game, you get a phone call, you go spectator instantly and are back the following round. Enemy team wins with 2 remaining players. Or, you hide somewhere, get out 2 minutes before the round ends and make 2 kills. Not every leave is leeching.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 07:22:23 pm »
You are in the middle of the game, you get a phone call, you go spectator instantly and are back the following round. Enemy team wins with 2 remaining players. Or, you hide somewhere, get out 2 minutes before the round ends and make 2 kills. Not every leave is leeching.
Alternatively, you keep joining rounds for 10 minutes doing nothing but dying at the spawn because the call took longer than you thought.  The hypothetical situations go both ways.  Anyways, it's not like you can't press the 'm' key if you're sitting at your computer on the phone.  However, I do admit that the message can get lost if you're fighting and should probably be a bit more conspicuous (but not have a sound associated with it).  The only time it really should ever catch you is if you've alt tabbed, or aren't at your computer.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:26:49 pm by Damug »

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 07:31:55 pm »
I have a girlfiend, I piss, I do things that don't keep me always in front of the computer and I do miss some chat messages. However, every time someone accused me of leeching I was actually playing.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 07:46:20 pm »
greatest thing ever invented, of course people will abuse it, but think of the good it also does, it means we can get rid of those annoying fucking leechers who ruin sieges for us by taking up space and not helping the team at all.

KEEP THIS
don't care too much about the reward, but it is nice to get a multi for kicking leechers.

I got a x5 today on siege while on the losing team since so many people were raging and just decided to AFK at spawn instead of simply quitting or going spectator.
Leeching is a form of griefing, it's fucking annoying, I'm so happy to be able to fuck over those griefing fuckers.

I've never abused this, though I have had people try to use it on me whilst I was clearly NOT afk/leeching .. its not that hard to press M & walk away, usually they bugger off and go to find a new person to annoy.

Leechers are lame, admins aren't always on, please keep this function.

I don't care too much about the reward, I would still report leechers even if there was no reward.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 09:25:52 pm »
If there's a penalty for failed accusations, some people might find it funny to stand somewhere waiting for someone to report you, then hit m to see the other guy kicked.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 10:50:51 am »
I have an idea for the leeching nomination tool:

If, after 1 minute (lapse of time for one XP tick), a player does not take any action (i.e. the server does not receive new commands from the keyboard), the server sends automatically a warning "press M otherwise be kicked..."

It should be easy to code this. Then no abuse from players and no need to scan the map looking for hidden leechers.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 01:21:27 pm »
I have an idea for the leeching nomination tool:

If, after 1 minute (lapse of time for one XP tick), a player does not take any action (i.e. the server does not receive new commands from the keyboard), the server sends automatically a warning "press M otherwise be kicked..."

It should be easy to code this. Then no abuse from players and no need to scan the map looking for hidden leechers.
don't i always check my forum when i play battle and i'm dead. this would ruin my activity on the forum and in-game!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 05:29:41 pm »
Best fix:
The leecher doesn't see the leech nomination, and instead of pressing 'm' the timer is disabled by taking any action at all.

That way you can't annoy people by spamming it, and people who are actually there are unaffected by it.  Only true leechers would get kicked.