Author Topic: THE INQUISITION OF SCAT CLAN  (Read 10248 times)

Offline Built

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • I guess P.T. Barnum was right
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DWARVES
  • Game nicks: Radsvid, Eirik, Angry something
  • IRC nick: Built
Re: THE INQUISITION OF SCAT CLAN
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2013, 07:39:04 am »
That's a rather presumptuous and far too serious way of speaking to someone who started this Strategus round with a clan consisting of 3 people who had never played Strategus and had only 500 420 troops that they got from a benefactor (FIDLGB). Look where I am now. You think I haven't done anything similar to you between then and now? I think I've earned myself a bit of fun after over half a year of hardcore sperging as a nerdleader of one of the most consistently active Strat factions who always accomplished more than its numbers would have led people to expect.

Part of the problem here is that you might have started in a time with weaker factions or fewer strong factions and not had your first fief viciously taken from you by a band of marauding folks
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Also, James, you were legitimately mad at a rhyming dwarf on the internet.

Offline DaruviansUnmutedAccount

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2013, 07:41:47 am »
+3
Actually my faction was attacked by Teutonics (a faction about 20 times our size) within the first week we had our village. Then our few traders were attacked by Hero Party, a faction at least 35 times our size.

You people just don't know the nerd path I have taken, you couldn't... so don't think I haven't been in your shoes.

Offline Built

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • I guess P.T. Barnum was right
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DWARVES
  • Game nicks: Radsvid, Eirik, Angry something
  • IRC nick: Built
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2013, 07:53:24 am »
Actually my faction was attacked by Teutonics (a faction about 20 times our size) within the first week we had our village. Then our few traders were attacked by Hero Party, a faction at least 35 times our size.

You people just don't know the nerd path I have taken, you couldn't... so don't think I haven't been in your shoes.

IT APPEARS IVE BEEN HAD!
Also, James, you were legitimately mad at a rhyming dwarf on the internet.

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2013, 08:04:00 am »

Good thing you learned how much it sucked and decided you wouldn't be such a troll to fledgling factions in the future... oh wait.
Don't pull "I was just attacking Anders".  He was in our faction before you attacked if I recall the last person who went to war with a faction because of a grudge against one of it's new members was Bonesaw in the Carac incident.  This resulted in the majority of strat declaring war on HoC.  Funny how the times have changed.

Offline DaruviansUnmutedAccount

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2013, 08:13:02 am »
+4
Bonesaw actually declared all those wars himself.

Also, there is no fun to strat once you are no longer shit talking while backed up against a wall. Savor it and don't take it all to heart. Have some good times.

He's right you know. All of my parading my faction around and shit-talking is just a vain attempt to goad NA into pushing me with my back against a wall so I can shit talk them and get a hint of that satisfaction I once had.

Alas, those times are gone... I am just a nerd chasing my spergfix.

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2013, 08:18:24 am »
Bonesaw actually declared all those wars himself.

In part.  He declared war on Raven and basically anyone trash talking HoC and everyone else was allied to said factions or just decided to jump on the bandwagon.  All in all, the exact way he wanted to go down.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2013, 01:45:17 pm »
+1

*cough*FCC did help out Frisians a bit when they first started*cough*
(click to show/hide)
and then later ravens helped because we all love your gayness so much :)

Sadly since then we have become more cutthroat and just sell fiefs and gear instead of freely building up new small gay factions :( - I dont know when we lost touch with our gay roots, buts its sad.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2013, 02:13:40 pm »

(click to show/hide)
And from the looks of it, you beat both. Also, I don't think a 400 man army is considered the whole faction...

You had 1 battle with teutonic and then no more for almost two months. And even then, by the time you attacked teutonic, you DoWed FCC as well.

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2013, 05:19:20 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
And from the looks of it, you beat both. Also, I don't think a 400 man army is considered the whole faction...

You had 1 battle with teutonic and then no more for almost two months. And even then, by the time you attacked teutonic, you DoWed FCC as well.

200 rounds of Mauser 8mm? Nice.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2013, 05:40:51 pm »
+7
The kind of things that make strat interesting are those that you don't expect to happen. Although I am sad that you guys were not able to get your first fief (a castle is a very intense first fief), your clan is also much more known in NA due to THE GOBBLIN KING's actions and has gathered much more respect as well. When you guys first announced your presence in strat, my first thoughts we're along the lines of: who are these people? Do they know what they're doing? Should I take them seriously? After seeing your faction's ability to mobilize resources with a small player pool, I can safely say you have earned my respect and probably the respect of the community as well.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2013, 07:24:00 pm »
+5

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2013, 11:52:57 pm »
+2
200 rounds of Mauser 8mm? Nice.

I determining which I want. One is Corrosive(IE old surplus) the other is newer. 200 rnds, $60 versus 240 for $180. I think i'll buy the old surplus shit.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2013, 01:24:04 am »
+3
Omg. Why do I keep reading this thread.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline ShiftKnife

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrell
  • Game nicks: SKoT_ShiftKnife
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2013, 02:39:16 am »
+2
Because you're waiting for another image macro of my character riding princess celestia.

dead clan leader

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2013, 05:41:44 am »
+4
Don't pull "I was just attacking Anders".  He was in our faction before you attacked

Well you see, it goes back a long way..

http://forum.melee.org/diplomacy/daruvian's-christian-gaming-foundation-for-homosexual-youths-military-alliance/msg764831/#msg764831

http://forum.melee.org/diplomacy/cikel's-unified-network-of-traders-declares-war-on-dl-legion!!!/msg764828/#msg764828

http://forum.melee.org/diplomacy/new-bulugur-declares-war-on-anders/msg764823/#msg764823

Honestly, I think Daruvian was just waiting for his chance to become his own non-Frisian man once again and actually attack Anders. Everybody starting out has probably thought that attacking Anders would be a good idea. It was bound to happen eventually. I don't think it was anything against your faction or used as a bull shit excuse or anything like that, just an unfortunate situation.

(also if you want a laugh you should seriously look at those threads)