Author Topic: Are you kidding me?  (Read 3272 times)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
Re: Are you kidding me?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 11:46:33 pm »
Cav whiners win again.
Arabian Warhorse / Courser users win again.
Armoured Horses users got fucked, again.
They did the same with cav.
Arabian Warhorse Abusers win.
Darn it, just as I thought, shouldve just gone for pure polearm user or shielder. Cavalry suddenly gets hit from all sides, now it just seems I should just take my skills elsewhere.
Seriously? Another cav nerf?
Our horses, just like our lance, completely useless to heirloom. Seems you guys want us to heirloom our sidearms.

you need any more examples?

Do you know what would be the sane thing to do?
You go into the proper forum, (may I suggest "Suggestions Corner -> Game Balance Discussion"),
create a thread, (may I suggest something like "new heirloom horse modifiers"),
bring forward your points.

What really fucking pisses me off is that the first thing people do after a patch release is
a) check if the item you used has lost any stats (no, you are not the fucking center of the dev universe, and we do not balance the game around you),
b) if so, enter the forum, and just spam every fucking topic with more or less retarded comments how unfair the dev team is and how they hate this and that and that they just try to kill the devs' hated class or buff vice versa

Just start a proper discussion and stop this whiny bitch acting, because I cant stand it any more.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:47:40 pm by chadz »

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 11:49:00 pm »
chadz, can you give us your word that you are at least looking at the suggestions forum daily? I made a side sword nerf thread, asking for a reasonable side sword nerf, and now look at it!

Its a piece of crap!
Just a soldier

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 11:50:45 pm »
chadzinator ;)

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 11:52:25 pm »
-2 speed, -2 maneuver, +10 hitpoints, +1 armor

You're less mobile so they can stick more arrows up your arse, but you're tougher so you can stand half of an arrow longer!

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 11:53:04 pm »
Thanks for the changelog Elio, you're so helpful.

Still no changes to completely unused warhorses?  lower the prices!

Offline Zanthos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: White Company
  • Game nicks: Zanthos_WCo
  • IRC nick: Zanthos
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 11:54:51 pm »
This seems to benefit the lower tier horses quite nicely but only seems to be a bit of a nerf to the higher tier with no noticeable benefits.

I'll be very honest, had I known this change was coming, I probably would have heirloomed the courser and not the cataphract. With 6 riding, it feels much more difficult to maneuver now. I liked it being JUST capable of maneuvering how I wanted and armored enough to not die super fast... and thus worth the constant bleeding of gold since I'll never make a living with how often this thing needs repair.

The hit to maneuver and speed is much more felt than the buffs to hitpoints or armor. In fact, the boosts to hitpoint and armor have not been noticeably different in actual gameplay with .223. The horse already had a lot of both previously... so a tiny buff in either is not going to be significantly felt. Since the horse had relatively low speed and maneuverability to begin with, taking away more of it is more noticeable. Had I not looked at the stats, I would have simply said "what the heck, my horse is suddenly slower and won't turn like it used to".

Thankfully I have not used all of my heirloom points and I might grab the courser as well now. I might actually make some cash riding it as well :)

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 11:59:26 pm »
Allthough manouvering and speed -2 seems insignificant, those stats get affected by the riding stat.
Armour and hp are not.

Seriously, if it's not at least 5-10% stat loss, stop the whine, please.

Aight, let's bring up my precious wardarts. -3 stacksize out of 7. That's a reduction of 42.8%. WTF?

Throwing knives/daggers, the shuriken and throwing rocks still have a stacksize of 8. I guess they are next in line.

Good thing you can block with them, so you don't even have to bring another weapon if you want to defend yourself.

Oh wait...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 12:05:09 am »
I'd like to hear examples of these items that got nerfed so hard.

Please post the values before and after.

Heavy Cataphract to the Well Bred cataphract

I am not 100 percent on the previous values of the heavy cata

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 12:08:27 am »
I have a champion arabian warhorse and I am fine with it, it was just ridiculous before like a go kart o_O

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2011, 12:12:43 am »

You go into the proper forum, (may I suggest "Suggestions Corner -> Game Balance Discussion"),

What really fucking pisses me off is that the first thing people do after a patch release is
a) check if the item you used has lost any stats (no, you are not the fucking center of the dev universe, and we do not balance the game around you),
b) if so, enter the forum, and just spam every fucking topic with more or less retarded comments how unfair the dev team is and how they hate this and that and that they just try to kill the devs' hated class or buff vice versa

Just start a proper discussion and stop this whiny bitch acting, because I cant stand it any more.

(click to show/hide)
Are my statements wrong than?

a. Ridiculous, why would I ever whine if in my opinion a nerf on my item was justified? Posting for mere unneeded buffs is not what I will ever do.
b. I think I hit your rage button, good. Which means I will be heard. I have started more than enough threads on the subject, yet you guys never reply to them, ever. When I go to the thread of the patch, I state my opinion, all I get is the same shit I'm now getting.

Seriously, just close down the suggestion forum, what's the point if you don't take us seriously?

I can't stand this shit anymore either.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 12:44:43 am »
Jesus Christ, magikarp. Stop the bloody whining. Yes this is whining. Yes this is a nerf to heirloomed horses. HEIRLOOMED horses. And yes the armoured horses are really worthless compared to the unarmoured once because of their slow speed and "fuck-you" upkeep. Still, I have seen you post this and whine this all fucking day. Relax and think a bit more before you start posting. Otherwise I'll have to pre-read all your post before I'll let you post them (can this be added chadz?)

@chadz: Excuse him while I tell him about proper net-etiquette, ok? Also, thanks for watching the suggestion thread. Would surprise you how many modders, and even developers(!), who doesn't do that. PS: He actually does have a point when he said that cav is getting slight nerfs every patch. Might make a thread (with a civil tone) about it.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2011, 01:05:29 am »

(click to show/hide)

Wow great balance,  nerf  minor builds  "top scored"  heavy cav (irony off) . Push the ranged/roof camping  bunnyhopping trash, epileptic meele fights especially 300 pike  and laggy backstabbing courser/sarranid lancers..well done

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Thtb

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 01:07:41 am »
I personally would use the option to re-spend my heirloom points at this moment.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:13:51 am by Thtb »

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 01:21:47 am »
Are my statements wrong than?

a. Ridiculous, why would I ever whine if in my opinion a nerf on my item was justified? Posting for mere unneeded buffs is not what I will ever do.

Because from a players perspective a nerf to their items is never justified, or worse a personal attack on them by the devs.

b. I think I hit your rage button, good. Which means I will be heard. I have started more than enough threads on the subject, yet you guys never reply to them, ever. When I go to the thread of the patch, I state my opinion, all I get is the same shit I'm now getting.

Seriously, just close down the suggestion forum, what's the point if you don't take us seriously?

I can't stand this shit anymore either.

Just calm down please. If you don't like a change state why and offer solid arguments, do your best to avoid whining and if the issue is so bad that you can't enjoy the game then stop playing.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2011, 01:38:33 am »