Author Topic: THE ADVENT OF THE GOBBLIN KING IS AT HAND  (Read 10232 times)

Offline HeraldOfTheGOBBLINKING

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: REALM OF THE GOBBLING KING
  • Game nicks: Rubes, Oxycontin4All, Wilson_of_Gamehendge
Re: THE ADVENT OF THE GOBBLIN KING IS AT HAND
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2013, 10:23:14 am »
+2
all this waiting and its just an attempt to poach a castle that just bled a buncha troops from a new faction that just got a foot hold in strat? shamefur dispray.
How dare you question the GOBBLIN KING, this is clearly just the beginning of a new strat Era. Just wait until The Purges start.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2013, 04:58:30 pm »
+9
Man oh man, a fight between two of the possibly greatest nerds that have ever dwelled in a basement... and at least one of them is a GOBBLIN. My sword is already shining bright blue in my pants sheath.

Who to root for? Who will prevail? There can only be one - basement real estate is limited these days.

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2013, 05:00:58 pm »
+2
Too many inactive people, and too many people hiding in fiefs like it's a new cold war.

This trading simulator is a lot of fun, you guys should try it out. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2013, 07:37:49 pm »
+2
I think this may be the first time I am seeing decently balanced rosters for a castle siege: http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesupcoming#!?page=strategusinfobattleroster&id=5229
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2013, 07:44:38 pm »
+7
This is because THE REALM OF THE GOBBLIN KING has no alliances or wars with anyone in particular; only vassals and people who will be vassals. We are only here to conquer Calradia. We do not have nerd grudges as the stale factions of the map do. We are something different.

Offline dynamike

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2013, 08:13:48 pm »
+6
OK looks like I'm serving the gobbler in this one.

I DEMAND FOR AROWAINE TO SIGN UP AND LEAD THE BATTLE SO I CAN HEAR HIS SEXY ACCENT IN TS ONCE MORE!
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2013, 11:43:07 pm »
+1
I think this may be the first time I am seeing decently balanced rosters for a castle siege: http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesupcoming#!?page=strategusinfobattleroster&id=5229

looks like pretty much normal party lines.. only minor diff I see is a couple FCC went goblin everyone else split the way I would have expected
Leader of BS

Offline Sir_Mahtin

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • A man is and will always be just a man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Le Chevalier Occitan
  • Game nicks: Chevalier_Martin
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2013, 11:49:22 pm »
+1
looks like pretty much normal party lines.. only minor diff I see is a couple FCC went goblin everyone else split the way I would have expected

Yeah both sides look pretty solid. Eager to get a hand cramp later on.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2013, 12:04:12 am »
+1
Those with open minds break their normal party lines to serve THE REALM OF THE GOBBLIN KING.

Then there are those nerds who cannot be move to perceive Strategus as any different of a game than it has been for the past few months, and insist on following their party lines.

Also GoW always signs up for defense because they like the easy side of a fight.

Your failure to support THE GOBBLIN KING now will be remembered later when it is your turn.

Offline dynamike

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2013, 12:13:49 am »
+3
I know a couple of guys who signed up for both sides, but the GOBBLIN KING - true to form - was faster in gobbling them up.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2013, 12:21:54 am »
not sure what the minus are for. FCC does not care who people sign up for in this fight. We encouraged people to do whatever they wanted. I was just pointing out that besides the FCC pretty much everyone else stuck to normal party lines on this one. Go minus them!
Leader of BS

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2013, 12:33:04 am »
+4
You spelled GOBBLIN wrong. It's disrespectful.

Offline dynamike

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2013, 12:41:46 am »
+1
not sure what the minus are for. FCC does not care who people sign up for in this fight. We encouraged people to do whatever they wanted. I was just pointing out that besides the FCC pretty much everyone else stuck to normal party lines on this one. Go minus them!

I got your back, bro!

+1's Bale

Don't let that mean green people munchin gobble machine ruin your day  :)

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2013, 01:09:40 am »
I am looking forward to you purging whatever clan you attack, only to have strat wiped days later. Anyway, good luck man. I hope this will be fun.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2013, 02:45:49 am »
+5
Thalion Menelvagor leaned against the battlements of New Reindi castle looking out over the dim greyness that preceded the rising of the sun. On the day previous his men fought and died upon the same battlements he now stood on and now before with their blood still fresh upon the grass a new enemy had appeared. Without warning or declaration of war a horde of orcs had swarmed across the fields surrounding the castle driving all nearby troops within the gates setting the castle to siege. Now, the survivors of Thalion’s armies garrisoned the castle along with Lord Anders’ men that they had just fought against. 

Despite muddled thinking from having his helm dented in by a greatmaul during the battle Thalion had spent most of the night awake writing letters and giving them to messengers and discussing the defence of the castle with Lord Anders and Lord Finnian. Regardless of the recent bloodshed, Lord Anders banners had joined the banners of WFA and they would stand together to defend their shared home.

Thalion took another puff from the lit pipe he held in one hand and sent a smoke ring floating out over the battlements.  The aromatic qualities of the tobacco helped compensate for the dizziness brought up by the concussion.  In the old lands of Beleriand, Thalion was used to fighting Goblins, Orcs, and many fell beasts. He had not known, however, that such creatures existed here in Calradia, it seemed that the evil of Morgoth had spread beyond the great sea and had grown strong here as well. For a moment he remembered vividly many battles great and terrible that had preceded the breaking of Beleriand and ultimately the downfall of the Shadow in the land.

He recalled how hordes of orcs broke upon the shield wall of the Noldor and of the Edain, and how hordes more fell to the chopping of dwarven axes. Now, he and all his people were but a remnant of what was, a small fragment of the glory that was the first age.  Yet valor there was still even in these exiles from Beleriand. Though they fought upon a strange land they would not now waver before any Gobblin horde.

Despite the grim circumstances Thalion smiled slightly to himself as the thought in silence… Well then, old foe. You may have a different name and different faces but one Goblin is liken to another. We will meet you on the battlements of New Reindi, and if the Heavens allow on the field. We will fight you so long as we still draw breath. Not one of us will die with a weapon still sheathed…

“Milord, the banner is ready to be raised.” came the voice of one of Thalon’s men behind him. Turning around to face the soldier Thalion gave a nod. “You have the banner of Lord Anders?” said Thalion in reply. “Yes Milord, here it is,” said the soldier handing it to Thalion who then turned to face Anders who was standing a few paces of. “Lord Anders, I return your banner to you. Proudly your soldiers fought under it, may they do so again in the days to come, this time against our mutual enemies rather than each other. I salute you, comrade in arms,” said Thalion walking over to Anders and returning the banner to him. Turning around Thalion gave the order for the banner of the Warriors of the First Age to be lifted, not the banner of one of the individual houses, such as his own, or Finnian’s or Radsvid, but the banner of the last High King, who although he was of the Noldor, fought for all peoples of Beleriand against the Shadow.

“The grey sky brightens, soon it will be dawn. Let the first light of morning illuminate the banner so that these Goblins may see the banner they will die under this eve,” he spoke.

The banner was raised just as the first rays of dawn broke forth over the hills to illuminate it. Thalion drew his sword and held it high in salute to the banner. “We have raised the banner of our fallen King, Fingolfin the Valiant who dueled with the Shadow on the steps of Thangorodrim.   Under this banner we shall not waver. So long as iron is hard and stone abides, we shall stand against the Shadow! Should the enemy breach the wall, may we seal it up with their own dead, and if at bitter end we fall, let us give them such a wounding that the Goblin King runs back to his holes in the mountains to lick his wounds buying other free peoples time to rally against his knavery!” A shout went up from the guards on the battlements and those in the courtyard that were still awake. Doubtless no Goblin camped in the fields below the castle would know the meaning of the cheer, nor of the banner than now flew over New Reindi’s walls. Tomorrow that would be the case. Tomorrow those that survived would know very well what that banner meant. They would learn it meant resolve that could not be crushed, valor that could not be destroyed, death to every Goblin intend on coming within reach of the defenders of New Reindi.