Author Topic: THE ADVENT OF THE GOBBLIN KING IS AT HAND  (Read 9578 times)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: THE ADVENT OF THE GOBBLIN KING IS AT HAND
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2013, 11:23:23 pm »
+2
anyone else notice that the drought happened when FCC went on the defensive... everyone against went on the offensive (well if that is what this can be called)
Leader of BS

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2013, 11:33:13 pm »
+5
anyone else notice that the drought happened when FCC went on the defensive... everyone against went on the offensive (well if that is what this can be called)

This is established fact by now, although I would amend your statement by saying that it happened a month or two after you went on the defensive; at the point when you ran out of villages to attack and have few field armies/traders running around. People do not wish to attack cities much, and they CERTAINLY do not wish to attack castles. The dead horse that we are beating has become little more than dust at this point. Attacking castles sucks, and unless the defenders have significant gear or roster problems, the attackers quickly become dis-heartened or run rather dry on resources (or both) unless they're blessed (cursed, really) with the most severe of nerd-persistence.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:37:43 pm by Sandersson Jankins »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2013, 11:38:21 pm »
+5
Well, I do believe there will be some battles soon enough. We'll see though. Several factions are actually, apparently gearing up for some assaults(at least it seems so on the map, can't say anything beyond the dots that I see). We might get one last hurrah before december.

Offline Zoarander

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Trading Post
  • Game nicks: Zoarander, Grendar_Rivers, etc....
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2013, 10:19:26 pm »
I pledge my allegiance to the GOBBLIN KING! May he rescue NA strat from the XP drought of the last two weeks.

HEAR HEAR!!!

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2013, 10:22:52 pm »
GOBBLIN KING is cumming to GOBBLE yer goodies. Watch out NA.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2013, 06:56:02 pm »
+7
I got my support by creating a faction that doesn't care about nerd grudges and tryhardery, but instead follows a few simple code; be our vassals or be destroyed, never camp our fiefs with thousands of troops like the current stalemate, decide our battles based on things other than old nerd fights and grudges but instead based on the roleplay of the GOBBLIN REALM and by deciding who deserves to be attacked and who doesn't. It's really as simple as that.

(click to show/hide)

I wanted to follow up on something that Duravian said awhile back that I agree with it.  This game isn’t something i’m going to lose any sleep over.  Honestly,  as a clan with a fantasy/tolkien theme with elves and dwarves. How awesome is it that Gobblins attack us when we get our first fief? Well not that awesome in terms of strat progress, but game wise its great! So, RP and nerd-raging aside I intend to enjoy this chapter of strat, the battles, xp, and whatever may follow.  Let the xp flow. Huzzah! All personas aside, that is my official stance. Regardless of what strat empires rise and fall I still have to get up and go to work in the morning.  That said, the “persona” of Thalion has a message for the “persona” of Duravian, aka Gobblin King.

“We have received your declaration of war and will pick up the gauntlet. While regrettable past actions have muddled diplomacy efforts, let me state clearly our current position. The Warriors of the First Age will never submit to being a vassal of the Gobblin King. Not while steel is hard and stone abides will we ever bend a knee to the Shadow of Calradia. We will resist any further attacks upon us with the utmost of or strength while being a thorn in Gobblin King’s hand wherever he may try and cast his shadow. We need neither hope of victory nor chance of mercy, we are satisfied with the knowledge that victorious or destroyed we were never made to bow."

Then, to the other nobles of Calradia Thalion wrote this letter and sent out heralds to deliver it to as many factions as possible.

“Greetings Lords and Ladies of Calradia,

Mayhaps  you have never heard of the Warriors of the First Age, but surely you have heard of our mutual foe, The Gobblin King.  So, far as our scouts tell us, none have yet to rebuck his knave like advances on the sovereignty of your lands.  Yet we who are at this time homeless, being driven from our newly claimed lands by Gobblin hordes continue to fight.  We will continue fight no matter the numbers against us. We will continue the fight even if no allies come to our aid. We will continue the fight until the Gobblin King is cast down or we ourselves are slain. If we, newly come to this land of Calradia, secure in valor’s station do her more justice than her sovereign Lord’s it will be a sad age that the scribes mark down in the pages of history. I beseech you all, take up the sword, mace and spear, with glad heart fight as free peoples, guardians of your own native lands. Cast these Gobblin’s back into the black pits from whence they came to lick their wounds for generations before they can once again spawn in sufficient numbers to trouble the green fields of Calradia."

- Thalion Menelvagor
High Counselor of the Warriors of the First Age

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2013, 01:02:25 am »

I wanted to follow up on something that Duravian said awhile back that I agree with it.  This game isn’t something i’m going to lose any sleep over.  Honestly,  as a clan with a fantasy/tolkien theme with elves and dwarves. How awesome is it that Gobblins attack us when we get our first fief? Well not that awesome in terms of strat progress, but game wise its great! So, RP and nerd-raging aside I intend to enjoy this chapter of strat, the battles, xp, and whatever may follow.  Let the xp flow. Huzzah! All personas aside, that is my official stance. Regardless of what strat empires rise and fall I still have to get up and go to work in the morning.  That said, the “persona” of Thalion has a message for the “persona” of Duravian, aka Gobblin King.

“We have received your declaration of war and will pick up the gauntlet. While regrettable past actions have muddled diplomacy efforts, let me state clearly our current position. The Warriors of the First Age will never submit to being a vassal of the Gobblin King. Not while steel is hard and stone abides will we ever bend a knee to the Shadow of Calradia. We will resist any further attacks upon us with the utmost of or strength while being a thorn in Gobblin King’s hand wherever he may try and cast his shadow. We need neither hope of victory nor chance of mercy, we are satisfied with the knowledge that victorious or destroyed we were never made to bow."

Then, to the other nobles of Calradia Thalion wrote this letter and sent out heralds to deliver it to as many factions as possible.

“Greetings Lords and Ladies of Calradia,

Mayhaps  you have never heard of the Warriors of the First Age, but surely you have heard of our mutual foe, The Gobblin King.  So, far as our scouts tell us, none have yet to rebuck his knave like advances on the sovereignty of your lands.  Yet we who are at this time homeless, being driven from our newly claimed lands by Gobblin hordes continue to fight.  We will continue fight no matter the numbers against us. We will continue the fight even if no allies come to our aid. We will continue the fight until the Gobblin King is cast down or we ourselves are slain. If we, newly come to this land of Calradia, secure in valor’s station do her more justice than her sovereign Lord’s it will be a sad age that the scribes mark down in the pages of history. I beseech you all, take up the sword, mace and spear, with glad heart fight as free peoples, guardians of your own native lands. Cast these Gobblin’s back into the black pits from whence they came to lick their wounds for generations before they can once again spawn in sufficient numbers to trouble the green fields of Calradia."

- Thalion Menelvagor
High Counselor of the Warriors of the First Age

So you're saying you'll fight us, but you're asking for support...

intredasting..

let em come!

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2013, 09:34:38 am »
+1
We regret not the battle. The Warriors of the First Age shall pause to bury their dead, to wipe  the blood and grime from their armor and re-sharpen their weapons before marching onward.  We salute you Gobblin King, your warriors fought well. We praise our own warriors and give them honor.  The living shall feast with us, the dead shall feast with their ancestors for they have woken from the dream.  Glory to the fighters! Glory to the slain! Glory to the xp!

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2013, 09:43:48 am »
We regret not the battle. The Warriors of the First Age shall pause to bury their dead, to wipe  the blood and grime from their armor and re-sharpen their weapons before marching onward.  We salute you Gobblin King, your warriors fought well. We praise our own warriors and give them honor.  The living shall feast with us, the dead shall feast with their ancestors for they have woken from the dream.  Glory to the fighters! Glory to the slain! Glory to the xp!

Hail the victorious dead!
Was a good battle and I thank everyone who showed up and fought it.
Until I see you next on the field, yrch of the iron hides, namarie.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC